************Forum EA Contest .... Lets Have Some Fun************** - page 4

ubzen:
Starting Amount $100, $1000, $10,000. Any Votes?

I would say, 100$. Since almost everyone here has probably started off with a micro account in their "forex" ventures.

Also, in the back of my mind, I think that if this works and holds on for a few runs, that a few brokers would be willing to sponsor future competitions to be run on real accounts with a sponsored 100$ and that the profit made would be the participants winnings for the competition.

What is your own opinion about the opening balance?

ubzen:
Yes, I'm in agreement. We probably need 1 or possibly (2 more friends excluding you). I know some people are reading this and thinking "wouldn't work" but it will :). We just need to be decisive and move to the harder parts like Public_Viewing_Progress on Signals ... etc.

OK! I am going to be doing some research into the "Signals" so that I will be able to work with them.

FMIC: What is your own opinion about the opening balance?
Was thinking $1000. Middle ground.

ubzen:
Was thinking $1000. Middle ground.

OK, we will start with 1000$! But If I do get some brokers on board to sponsor, I doubt they will be doing $1000 real accounts, but we can cross that bridge when we get to it.

I have been looking into the "Signals", but am wondering if this sort of thing might not be unacceptable to them!

I have read the rules and it seems OK, but it is more geared for subscript sales than say "MyFXBook" which is more a community thing.

Sure MetaQuotes won't object to using "Signals" this way?

FMIC: OK, we will start with 1000$! But If I do get some brokers on board to sponsor, I doubt they will be doing $1000 real accounts, but we can cross that bridge when we get to it.

Yep... when we get there. What do you think about the trading Gold_Only idea proposed by angevoyageur?

Or should people choose which instruments to trade?

FMIC:

I have been looking into the "Signals", but am wondering if this sort of thing might not be acceptable to them!

I have read the rules and it seems OK, but it is more geared for subscript sales than say "MyFXBook" which is more a community thing.

Sure MetaQuotes won't object to using "Signals" this way?

I've seen nothing within the rules which exclude this. I'll contact the service desk and see if they have a problem with it.

-Contacted the Service Desk and waiting for response.

ubzen:

Yep... when we get there. What do you think about the trading Gold_Only idea proposed by angevoyageur?

Or should people choose which instruments to trade?

I don't think it a good idea, because usually people code around their favourite Instrument and the strategy is quite often Symbol and Timeframe dependant. For example, a strategy that runs well on EURUSD might not run well on USDJPY.

Even though I would have to agree that in all fairness, one would have to make all participants EQUAL in the fact that they should all be on the same symbol, in reality I doubt it will be practical.

However, in finding a middle ground, I do think that most people, do tend to code around strategies for the EURUSD and according to statistics, that one instrument is the one most used.

So, if we do decide to have all EA use the same symbol, EURUSD seems to be the most acceptable and not Gold!!!

However, let's start off with the condition, that only Majors can be used! I think that would be a reasonable compromise!

FMIC: I don't think it a good idea, because usually people code around their favourite Instrument and the strategy is quite often Symbol and Timeframe dependant. For example, a strategy that runs well on EURUSD might not run well on USDJPY.Even though I would have to agree that in all fairness, one would have to make all participants EQUAL in the fact that they should all be on the same symbol, in reality I doubt it will be practical.

However, in finding a middle ground, I do think that most people, do tend to code around strategies for the EURUSD and according to statistics, that one instrument is the one most used. So, if we do decide to have all EA use the same symbol, EURUSD seems to be the most acceptable and not Gold!!! However, let's start off with the condition, that only Majors can be used! I think that would be a reasonable compromise!

Agreed.

Ubzen, I will be signing off for today and will continue tomorrow. Also check your PM's as well.

Have a good day/evening/morning (I do not know your timezone/location)!

Reason: