Your most effective strategy? - page 11

Bicus:

How do you know if you are in a trend or at a trend change point?

Maybe you are at the start of a flat? You are in a buy and the market is down, you are in a sell and the market is up. And so, let's say, for a week. And your deposit is gone.

It is possible, but unlikely, that the market will always slip away

yosuf:

It is possible, but unlikely, that the market will always slip away

Yes???

You are very optimistic. And in the years I've been in forex, it's only recently that I've made a very depressing discovery to myself: there are no trends. And there are no flats. There is nothing.

I mean they exist, but only in history and on a certain timeframe. No more than that.

Bicus:

Yes???

You are very optimistic. And in the years I've been in forex, it's only recently that I've made a very depressing discovery to myself: there are no trends. And there are no flops. There is nothing.

I mean they exist, but only in history and on a certain timeframe. Not more.

Agree that you need to check to completely rule out this TC option, if there is already such a bitter experience, then please post it.

Diamant:

1. The difference is that a forecast is a prediction of price. And an estimate of the current situation is an assumption that price will go in the chosen direction PRIOR to certain conditions in the future.

Here's an example at random. The example, I emphasise, is deliberately chosen not to be particularly relevant.

The red line is plotted between points 2 and 3:

Points 1 and 2 are trend-following. Point 3 is where some old points can be taken.

I.e. we estimate the future trend while in a certain market condition (not in any). And when the price approaches the planned level - we enter the deal. Classic.

2) It depends on the situation. Rigidly setting the number of points, we almost guarantee a loss. And we should not only evaluate the nature of the price movement, but also a number of other parameters.

With charts, it is easier to understand each other, I agree.

Now, to the dialogue. Ok. I evaluated the current situation and assumed that the price will go in the direction I chose, under certain conditions in the future. What is this? PROgnosis or following the trend? Imagine that on your chart, too, the right side is empty, that you are also following the trend, and what if it reverses? How do you know, you are not forecasting.

Diamant:

2) It depends on the situation. By rigidly setting the number of pips, we are almost guaranteed to lose. And we should evaluate not only the nature of the price movement, but also a number of other parameters.

Let's go further. There are two situations in the market. I understand it and work. I don't understand it, I sit on the fence. That is all. There's nothing else. Like now. I get it and I know there's a moment of growth coming. Another thing is what is it? Is it a correction of a new trend or vice versa, the correction is over and the old trend will continue, but very few people know this and whether there are any at all is a very big question. So, nothing depends on situations, everything depends only on you.

yosuf: Agree that it is necessary to check to completely exclude this variant of TC, if you already have such a bitter experience, then please put it out there.

Yusuf, you have got your Superstrategy advisor in the code. What more do you need to be happy about?

There are a lot of people here who have absolutely no interest in wasting their time testing primitive ideas like the one you suggested.

If you want to change something, do it yourself, get into the code and fix it. Just make an effort - start to finally learn and do something.

Go for it, damn it!

Mathemat:

Yusuf, you have got your Superstrategy advisor in the code. What more do you need to be completely happy?

Just make the effort - start finally learning and doing something.

Go for it, damn it!

... A thousand devils!!! :-)))

Bicus:

You are very optimistic. And in the years I've been in forex, it's only recently that I've made a very depressing discovery: there are no trends. And there are no flats. There is nothing.

As long as there's money. Do you have the money?

paukas:

The main thing is to have money. Do you have the money?

... ... A thousand devils!!! :-)))

"No spoon..." © Neo
Reason: