************Forum EA Contest .... Lets Have Some Fun************** - page 9

FMIC:

Hello "NotUnctouous".

"Ubzen" is away at the moment, and on his behalf, I welcome you to the competition.

We are still playing around with the rules and have not yet established all of them. However, a few of the conditions that have already been established, is that in order to make it fair, their will be a limit set on the Lot Size.

Since your EA is a Martingale type EA, it will most probably hit that Limit sooner or later. You might get lucky, since it only lasts a week, but you could hit that ceiling within the first few orders and that would disqualify the EA.

This first run, will be a test run, so I am willing to let it through, but you will not be able to run it on the next and real competition. So, I would encourage you change it or submit another EA for which such a Lot Size limit will not affect it.

So, just to make it clear, I will still need to discuss it with "Ubzen", but we will most probably be setting that as a Hard Rule, that no "Martingale" type EA's will be accepted.

Good Evening Sir,

Many thanks for your reply. I will, for ease, submit a different EA. For my reference please, can you tell me the biggest lot size in use and if 0.0* sizes may be used?

Regards

Cuthbert

NotUnctuous:

Good Evening Sir,

Many thanks for your reply. I will, for ease, submit a different EA. For my reference please, can you tell me the biggest lot size in use and if 0.0* sizes may be used?

Regards
Cuthbert

I am still waiting on a Reply from "ubzen" to an email I sent him about 4 hours ago about that very subject. Let just see first what his final decision will be.

Ok... I fell asleep... sorry guys. Theres been allot of question in that time and I'll try to address them in below posts. But please keep in mind, this is a Fun and 2-Man Project thus far. This isn't a manifestation of Meta-Quotes Contest. If someone submits an EA and it breaks the rules then we'll just let them know via Pm. There's no way we could possible setup every single rule ... even Meta-Quotes doesn't do that. People would have single 1-line question to keep asking. Like whats the Leverage ... is Scalping Allowed and so on.

Again this is just for fun. Some people want all rules defined (impractical). Some people want no-rules (chaos).

If someone makes it to this point then again. Submit an EA and we would let you know if you got the rules wrong via Pm.

Thanks to All those who have submitted Something* and Welcome.

Ps> FMIC I've responded to your email.

RaptorUK: You might want to set all the rules and conditions before you start accepting entries . . . otherwise people can enter based on one set of rules and end up participating in something different. For example, there is nothing about FX Majors only in your profile . . .

This is for fun.... Submit an entry. 2 things would happen 1) Your name is put on the roster. 2) We tell you that something is wrong.

I'll do my best to update the rules which I feel are important.

***Note: even if I told people that the rules are the same as that of the Last_Meta-Quotes-Championship .......... People would still submit EAs which breaks the rules. You and I both know that Meta-Quotes dis-missed Allot of Expert (before and during) the championship for not following rules.

To the follow-up comment of (at least all the rules will be there) I would say (all the rules cannot be there). Simply put, to include every-rule would be to write to infinity.

To the follow-up comment of fairness. I'd say its an open process everyone sees what everyone else is submitting. Everyone sees whats accepted and whats not. You don't like your EA dis-advantage then Change-It ( Do this until the Dead-Line ). If a Friendly / No-Prize contest is too much pressure for someone ... and they're gonna cry un-fair in the end. Then by all means, Please sit this one out.

I personally do-not care if I win or not. If the server loses connection for 48-hours. If the rules follows the standard rule-book of fairness because everyone is subjected to the same level of fair-ness and un-fair-ness.

At this rate, we're going to bury ourself in defining rules. It'll be much more efficient dealing with it on an EA to EA basis. I only have to complete 3_More and like I said before, if the Contest starts 3-Weeks from now with only 5_People ... I'd consider it a Success.

NotUnctuous: Hello People ... This sounds interesting ... Please may I enter this EA on M5 using GBP/USD pair. The default settings are how I wish it to run.

Welcome and Thank You for entering. Your name has been added to the Roster. Please test your EA upon the Demo_Server_Live to ensure that it'll work when launched.

Good Speed.

Hello to all!

Please note that as of now, I have withdrawn from my position as Host/Judge in The Ubzen Challenge due to personal reasons.

I wish you all and the competition the best of luck!

Best regards!

FMIC:

Hello to all!

Please note that as of now, I have withdrawn from my position as Host/Judge in The Ubzen Challenge due to personal reasons.

I wish you all and the competition the best of luck!

Best regards!

Many Thanks to FMIC. I'll be hosting the Contest upon my server.

Is it a fixed or variable spread feed ?

SDC: Is it a fixed or variable spread feed ?
The Meta-Quotes Demo Server (Specifications) is whats being used. Please refer to MarketInfo() etc. Please code your EA to check. It could be variable now ... but perhaps Fixed in the future.

NotUnctuous: Many thanks for your reply. I will, for ease, submit a different EA. For my reference please, can you tell me the biggest lot size in use and if 0.0* sizes may be used?
The Meta-Quotes Demo Server (Specifications) is whats being used. Your minimum_lot is therefore that of MarketInfo(Symbol(), MinimumLot ). Every other symbol information you can think of would be that of the Demo-Server.
Reason: