Newbie to Signals....Need Advices. - page 2

Ben:
I am new to the signal subscription, I have following questions, 

1, after the subscription in the mt4, copies the stop, profit level, synchronized positions, then am I need to do anything else>, does the system will automatically deal with it?

2, during the subscription period, does the subscriber need to sit in front of the computer and monitoring?  does my MT4 system copy the signal provider and done it by itself?

3, Does my computer need to on all the time? what if I shut my computer, or my power or internet connection down?  am I disconnect to the signal provider? how to prevent this happen? 

4, during the subscription, can I trade other products other then than the provider?

I much appreciate your input. 

Addition to that, regarding evaluating a good signal, what is Maximal drawdown? I know what that mean...the highest balance- lowest balance. but does this include the fund withdrawal?

Than you, 

I am following the directions to subscribe to a signal provider. After I enter the name in the "Search" block, I am directed back to MQL5 website. The signal provider I selected is displayed. I then selected "Copy Trades" A popup displays "Start Copying  in Metatrader" I select that and get

another popup saying "Open Metatrader". I select YES and it open a Metatrader account that is not the one I want the copied trades to to go. I have 2 Metatrader accounts and this process always  opens the one I do not want to use. Any suggestion as to how I can get this to open up the Metarader account I would like to use?

grndcommcarson:

I am following the directions to subscribe to a signal provider. After I enter the name in the "Search" block, I am directed back to MQL5 website. The signal provider I selected is displayed. I then selected "Copy Trades" A popup displays "Start Copying  in Metatrader" I select that and get

another popup saying "Open Metatrader". I select YES and it open a Metatrader account that is not the one I want the copied trades to to go. I have 2 Metatrader accounts and this process always  opens the one I do not want to use. Any suggestion as to how I can get this to open up the Metarader account I would like to use?

Follow the step by step instructions:

1. Register a MQL5 account: https://www.mql5.com/en/auth_register 

2. Open your MT4 platform and go to Menu >> Tools >> Optios and click on the Community tab. There you put your Login and Password of your MQL5 account and click OK.

3. Go to the search area of your MT4 platform, on the upper right corner (where the magnifying glass is), type in the name of the signal you want to subscribe and click Enter.

4. You will see lower, in the Terminal Window of your MT4 platform, the results of your search. Click on the name of the signal you want to subscribe. 

5. Click on the green Subscribe for $$ USD button on the right side of your MT4's Terminal Window.

6. Select the payment method and complete payment for your subscription.

7. In the Options >> Signals window that opens, tick the following options:

• Agree to the terms of use of the signals service
  • Enable real time signal subscription
  • Copy Stop Loss and Take Profit levels
  • Synchronise positions without confirmations

8. In the Use no more than: ...... of your deposit (95% maximum) field below, put the percentage of your capital, you want to participate in signal's copying.

9. In the Stop if equity is less than: ...... field, put the amount of your capital, you want to preserve, or leave it empty. 

10. In the Deviation/Slippage field, select an option and click OK in the Options window to close it.

11. Now you have completed the subscription process and the only thing you need is a VPS (Virtual Hosting) in order to copy the signal 24/7 without having your MT4 platform open all day long. 

12. Go to your account details in the Navigator window of your MT4 platform, right click in your account number or name and select the option Register a Virtual Server.

13. In the Virtual Hosting window that opens, click Next, then Next again, select the VPS with the lower Ping, ms value (right side of window) and click Next.

14. Select your payment plan for 1, 3, 6 or 12 months, tick the: I agree to the virtual hosting service rules and the auto renewal option below (if you want) and click Next.

15. Complete your payment for the VPS Service and you are done. 

If my signal provider has some trades open that I want to close is it possible to close them without them being reopened? Every time I close the trade it opens at current market price.

Grant Cooke:
If my signal provider has some trades open that I want to close is it possible to close them without them being reopened? Every time I close the trade it opens at current market price.

The trades are being opened again because the signal is synchronized with your account.

You have to untick the copy signal settings, in the Tools >> Options >> Signals tab in your MT platform and synchronize with VPS again.

Eleni Anna Branou:

The trades are being opened again because the signal is synchronized with your account.

You have to untick the copy signal settings, in the Tools >> Options >> Signals tab in your MT platform and synchronize with VPS again.

I am thinking to rent a VPS, I have couple questions,

1, can I  run multi accounts under one broker in one VPS at the same time? or can I run multi-broker under one VPS?

2, under the same broker, each individual account running different EA or signal, is this do-able on one VPS?

Thank you!

Ben Yang:

I am thinking to rent a VPS, I have couple questions,

1, can I  run multi accounts under one broker in one VPS at the same time? or can I run multi-broker under one VPS?

2, under the same broker, each individual account running different EA or signal, is this do-able on one VPS?

Thank you!

If you are talking for external VPS services, I don't know, it depends.

For the integrated MQL5 MT platform VPS, you have to use one VPS per account/signal.

Eleni Anna Branou:

If you are talking about external VPS services, I don't know, it depends.

For the integrated MQL5 MT platform VPS, you have to use one VPS per account/signal.

Thanks for the info, I just rented an MQL VPS for a month, see how that goes, do you have a recommendation for an external VPS that can hosts multi accounts?

btw, seems good reviews on your Nest Egg, I might consider to try it. I am currently subscribing another one....

Ben Yang:

Thanks for the info, I just rented an MQL VPS for a month, see how that goes, do you have a recommendation for an external VPS that can hosts multi accounts?

btw, seems good reviews on your Nest Egg, I might consider to try it. I am currently subscribing another one....

I can't reccommend external VPS services, I haven't tried any.

Reason: