Frequently Asked Questions about the Signals service - page 103

What are the implications of subscribing to a copy signal where the leverage differs between my and the providers accounts?  For example, if I have 1:500 and the provider reports 1:100.

daTrada:
What are the implications of subscribing to a copy signal where the leverage differs between my and the providers accounts?  For example, if I have 1:500 and the provider reports 1:100.

Lot size.
read this post #922

daTrada:

Your larger leverage will not make any difference as to the copying ratio.

Your smaller leverage decreased the copying ratio, but the larger doesn't increase it.

hi, what happened to open trades when subscription to a signal expires?

Saeed Qodoosi Dehnavi:
hi, what happened to open trades when subscription to a signal expires?

They stay open and unattended.

Eleni Anna Branou:

They stay open and unattended.

ok thanks

Q1: When optimizing the MT4 platform on a VPS for minimum resource draw, what are the minimum elements necessary for a strategy 1) that only trades one symbol (i.e., EURUSD) and 2) that trades multiple symbols?

Q2: Must all symbols to be traded in a strategy appear somewhere on the MT4 workspace in order to trade a symbol?  For example, a copy signal trades many symbols.  Must all possible symbols to be traded by the copy signal be located on the watchlist, or a chart?

daTrada:

Q1: When optimizing the MT4 platform on a VPS for minimum resource draw, what are the minimum elements necessary for a strategy 1) that only trades one symbol (i.e., EURUSD) and 2) that trades multiple symbols?

Q2: Must all symbols to be traded in a strategy appear somewhere on the MT4 workspace in order to trade a symbol?  For example, a copy signal trades many symbols.  Must all possible symbols to be traded by the copy signal be located on the watchlist, or a chart?

1. A simple chart with no extra unnecessary custom indicators and your EA attached and setup (multiple charts for multiple currencies).

2. If your question is about copying a signal, you don't need any open chart of any currency pair, you only need to have the traded pairs enabled in MT4/5 >> View >> Symbols.

My broker has two symbols for each pair - one without a suffix and one with a suffix. (Ex. EURUSD and EURUSD+) I'd prefer the signal to copy the trades on my end using the suffix pairs. Would this be possible if the signal provider is trading pairs without suffixes? I am thinking that I could disable all the non-suffix pairs in the symbols window, then enable all the suffix pairs. Would this work?

damastion:
My broker has two symbols for each pair - one without a suffix and one with a suffix. (Ex. EURUSD and EURUSD+) I'd prefer the signal to copy the trades on my end using the suffix pairs. Would this be possible if the signal provider is trading pairs without suffixes? I am thinking that I could disable all the non-suffix pairs in the symbols window, then enable all the suffix pairs. Would this work?

You can only try and see if it works.

Reason: