General Strategy of Asmani Pro (Version 17.2)
1) Whenever market reaches to either Overbought or Oversold position based on M15 timeframe, Asmani Pro gets ready for the trade.
2) The actual trade is taken when there is clear reversal of the trend from Overbought / Oversold position, based on 3 Indicators (RSI, MA and PSAR)
3) After opening first trade if the market goes in wrong direction then Asmani again waits for second trade and it is again taken where there is one more reversal of trend.
4) In this way Asmani goes on opening the trades till number of trades reach to Maximum Order per Basket given by user.
5) The Lotsize for each new order is taken based on the inputs given.
a. If MartinAdd and MartinMult both are set to False, the Lotsize is taken based on LotMultiplier or AutoLotsCap and is same for all trades in the basket.
b. If MartinAdd is set to true, then new trade is taken with initial lot added to earlier lot.
c. If MartinMult is set to true, then new trade is taken with earlier lot multiplier by 2.
6) Asmani can open maximum one Buy and one Sell Basket at same time.
7) The whole basket is closed when specific profit is reached as given by user as ProfitPerBasket. There is also a safety feature inbuilt which may reduce the profit per basket if no of trades are more, so as to close the basket as soon as possible.
Back testing !
I personally don’t believe in very deep level of backtesting.
Yes, back testing should be done upto certain level to ensure that whether the EA is not failing frequently.
By spending just few hours we can back test an EA whether it is successful for 95% of cases. Actually
after 95% confirmation, even if we spend 100s of days in back testing we will never reach to that 100% level
to get assurance that the EA will give 100% safe profits in future
Frankly, I always think, that in trying to make the EA work for EACH AND EVERY case happened in the past 10-15 years, we unnecessarily making the EA too much conservative and losing lot of profit. Also, we are not even sure that such odd case will repeat in next few years.
Also even if we make the EA conservative, still there is NO 100% GUARANTEE that any EA can give you 100% safe and huge profit for lifetime. So, there is always a risk involved if you want to make good profit in this market.
Also please note the results of the back tests are not only dependent on the year. It also depends on the start date ! You may get different results if you do one back test from 1st Jan 2015 and other from say 10th Jan 2015. Hence process of back test is endless... Believe it or not, but the best EA which gives very good back test results from 1st Jan 2015 to 31 Dec 2016, may fail if it is tested from 10th Jan 2015 to 31st Dec 2016. So ideally you have to do millions of tests to satisfy that the EA will work in all conditions, which is practically impossible.
Some bitter facts are
1) You cannot optimise one parameter in any EA and that parameter is trader's LUCK...
2) The only EA which can be 110% safe, is the EA which will not make any trades on the account..
To summarise, we have to live with the risk and luck factor and go ahead with a tool which is 90% working fine, and leave rest 10% to our fate... Its never possible to aim for 100% surely !
See attached TXTfile for Tips of giving inputs based on some major backtest with start capital as 1000$ and Lotsize = 0.1
Download the file Asmani BT.txt and rename to Asmani BT.csv. Then you can open in XLS.
Inputs for Asmani Pro (Version 17.2)
1) AutoLots (True / False) : Default = False.
a. If this input is set to True, then the Lotsize is calculated based on the Equity available at the time of taking the trade. It is calculated based on the second input given by user as Auto Lots Ratio.
2) AutoLotsCap (Auto Lots Capital (xxx amount per 0.01 lot) : Default = 100.
a. This input will be used only when the AutoLots is set to True in Input no. 1
b. In this input, please specify the amount in (USD/GBP/JPY) for which the Lotsize 0.01 should be used.
c. E.g. if you give 100 here, then for every 100 of equity, 0.01 lot will be considered. Hence, if your equity is 1420 at a point of time, then the trade will be taken with
i. (1420 / 100) x 0.01 = 0.14 lots
d. E.g. if you give 300 here, then for every 300 of equity, 0.01 lot will be considered. Hence, if your equity is 2450 at a point of time, then the trade will be taken with
i. (2450 / 300) x 0.01 = 0.08 lots
3) LotMultiplier (For 0.01 Lotsize, Set Multiplier = 1) : Default = 1
a. This input will be used only when the AutoLots is set to False in Input no. 1
b. Lotsize will be found out as Lotsize = LotMultiplier x Minimum Lot size of your broker.
c. E.g. if LotMultiplier is given as 5 and Minimum Lot size of your broker = 0.01 then the Lotsize for trade will be 0.05
d. E.g. if LotMultiplier is given as 10 and Minimum Lot size of your broker = 0.01 then the Lotsize for trade will be 0.1
4) MartinAdd (True / False) : Default = False
a. If MartinAdd is set to true, then new trade is taken with initial lot added to earlier lot.
5) MartinMult (True / False) : Default = False
a. If MartinMult is set to true, then new trade is taken with earlier lot multiplier by 2.
b. If MartinAdd and MartinMult both are false then, then new trade is taken same as earlier LotSize.
c. If MartinAdd and MartinMult both are true then, then new trade is taken with earlier lot multiplier by 2.
** Martingale system is risky system. Please Back Test before using it and always use with higher capitals
6) ProfitPerBasket (Exit Profit (USD/GBP/JPY) Per Basket PER 0.01 Lots) : Default = 0.7
a. The basket of trades is closed when the collective profit of the basket reaches this value per 0.01 LotSize.
b. E.g. if ProfitPerBasket = 0.7 (per 0.01 Lots), and Lotsize of your initial trade is 0.1 then the basket is closed after getting $7 profit.
7) OrdersPerBasket : Default = 5
a. This is maximum number of orders Asmani will open in one basket.
8) BasketSLCheck (True / False) : Default = False
a. If this is True then Basket SL will be applied after Maximum Orders per basket are reached.
9) BasketSL in Pips : Default = 100
a. This is Safety Feature built to avoid sudden DrawDown after Maximum Orders per Basket are opened.
b. After opening Max Number of Orders, Asmani will put a SL for all order based on this value added / subtracted to the last order price.
c. Please DON’T keep this value very small, otherwise a Basket will exit in loss frequently after maximum orders are reached.
10) RSI Value : Default = 4;
11) Top RSI Value : Default = 70;
12) Bottom RSI Value : Default = 30;
13) Trend Slope : Default = 4;
a. This value will determine whether the trend is strong or not. If you increase this value, then number of trades will increase, but which will also increase the risk.