Professional Trend Convergence/Divergence Indicator
TCD indicator is based on the Convergence/Divergence of Trend and shows you "up trend" (when trend grows) and "down trend" (when trend is falling).
In the middle is an adjustable "stop area" on which you cannot trade.
Briefly, the TCD shows you when to start or stop buy/sell.
TCD indicator can run many instances, for all time frames and includes all 0 lag MAs. (Please see MAi indicator code section)
With TCD your trading becomes more precise, realistic and more effectively.
Program is design to operate in 2 automatic modes. (Indicator and Expert mode)
It is very fast and has, like all our indicators, a built-in "slider history testing" technology.
Easy switching between time frames on the selected position and the test/set new parameters.
Please watch “switching” in HD … https://youtu.be/AKHNOSlm7BY
Indicator is equipped with “error control”, so that you can always see what is going wrong and correct this.
It is tested and works very well in our EA.
Please watch “testing” in HD … https://youtu.be/1DoxMGNETos
All this makes it an easy-to-use trend trading system for beginners, advanced and professional traders.
How to trade with TCD?
When the blue histogram (main line) is below "stop area" and up, and the red line (signal line) is lower than the "main line", you have up trend and can BUY and vice versa,
when the blue histogram (main line) is above "stop area" and down, and the red line (signal line) is higher than the "main line", you have down trend and can SELL.
When the blue histogram (main line) is in the middle zone "stop area", BUY and SELL operations are skipped.
You also have some other options (use in combination with our indicators, use in certain other indicators …).
We recommend to run more instances of indicator on different timeframes, with different settings for better results (M15, H1, H4).
You can include in EA-s "enum method" code. (please see MAi indicator code section)
The known commands to retrieve main and signal value are for MQL4:
double tcdMain=iCustom(NULL,TCD_TF_,"TCD",F_MTD_,f_st_,f_sm_,f_vf_,f_lam_,st_lev_,si_lev_,si_del_,0,0,0); double tcdSignal=iCustom(NULL,TCD_TF_,"TCD",F_MTD_,f_st_,f_sm_,f_vf_,f_lam_,st_lev_,si_lev_,si_del_,0,1,0); if(tcdMain<-st_lev_&&tcdSignal<tcdMain) buyTCD_=true; if(tcdMain>st_lev_&&tcdSignal>tcdMain) sellTCD_=true;
- NULL = current symbol
- TCD_TF_ = enum_timeframes
- "TCD" = path/name of the custom indicator compiled program
- F_MTD_ = fast MA method (from 0-16)
- f_st_ = fast MA step
- f_sm_ = fast MA smooth (lines smoothness)
- f_vf_ = fast MA v_factor (volume factor)
- f_lam_ = fast MA lambda
- st_lev_ = stop level [%]
- si_lev_ = signal level [%]
- si_del_ = signal delay
- 0 = last bar (1 for precise results, because bar 0 is usually not completed, but here you can try 0)
- 0(1) = line index
- 0 = shift
TCD input parameters settings
The order from left to right is: name, [default value], min-max value.
If you accidentally enter a lower or higher value, the min-max value is used.
- FMA_method [ILRS] – FMA method
- FMA_step  0-100 – FMA step
- *FMA_smooth  0-100 – FMA smoothness
- *FMA_v_factor [0.0] 0.0-50.0 – FMA volume factor
- *FMA_lambda [0.3] 0.0-100.0 – FMA lambda (enabled only for REMA, REMA_Hull)
- Stop_level%  0-100 – Stop level in [+- %] (dead trading zone)
- Signal_level% [100.0] 0-100.0 – Signal level in [%]
- Signal_delay  1-20 – Signal delay [bars]
- LastBar  0-6000 – drawing the last bar (left-right descending order, 0 is the last)
- PastBars  10-6000 – bars drawing to the past (to the left)
*FMA = Fast moving average
*for certain methods is disabled, depending on the nature of the MA-s
The demo version is built to demonstrate the main features and usability of TCD.
If you like to use TCD unlimited or within an EA you have to buy or rent this product.
Are you satisfied with our work? Share your experiences and leave a comment.
If you need help using our trading tools or you have an issue or question, please contact me on: firstname.lastname@example.org