Problem: genarating .ex4 Help...

Hello, 

I have a problem, If I add a new custom indicator or EA I don't get the .ex4 file when I open the MT4 platform, instead a .log text file (with nothing written inside) appears and the icona is grey on the platform (if it's an EA)

This happened in the last few days, I've tried to Restore my pc, but nothing, then I also tried to do the same from another computer with the same results........

Can someone help me?

Thanks in advance

Stefano 

stelore:

Hello, 

I have a problem, If I add a new custom indicator or EA I don't get the .ex4 file when I open the MT4 platform, instead a .log text file (with nothing written inside) appears and the icona is grey on the platform (if it's an EA)

This happened in the last few days, I've tried to Restore my pc, but nothing, then I also tried to do the same from another computer with the same results........

Can someone help me?

Please post a snippet of the code that will not compile.

Log file is empty - he hasn't tried to compile it.

I see that the problem is still in the "cloud".

I've seen the issue some days ago.

It seems that some ea or indi are not "appreciated" from the actual metalang.exe.

It doesn't build but don't generate errors.

I attach an example of a not buildable indi from ForexFactory, Sonic system.

Mod edit:  DECOMPILED CODE - file attachment deleted

Build 500 will NOT compile decompiled code.

Decompiled code is stolen code. Either you are a thief or the receiver of stolen (intellectual) property. Either way we will not be an accomplice after the fact to theft by helping you. See also https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/134317

If you post decompiled code again you will be banned.

Hello, the code comes from a thread in ForexFactory.

http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=114792

See the first post of thread, the file is inside the ZIP file named   http://www.forexfactory.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=271042&d=1247195867

The thread had 14,701 posts and 2,487,651 views, so that content is not so "hidden".

Also, the presence of a decompiled file don't means that comes from a stolen intellectual property, the only one can say that is the owner of the intellectual property itself, and is not MetaQuotes.

I would also remeber to MetaQuotes that the big diffusion of mql language, and obviously the commercial success of the company, has come, in large measure, from the decompiled files that have been freely (and still are) diffused over internet and forums.

If MetaQuotes, now, (never done before) want to protect intellectual property of his customers, should create a different way to compile ex4 files, in order that it must be impossible, or at least possible with many weeks of work.

Instead the decompile of ex4 file is still done also on 500 build of metalang.exe

About intellectual property, yes I've something to say.

I'm a professional software developer, my name is Carlo Colombo, I'm an associate of xxxxxx, and my software was cracked and (ex4) decompiled just in year 2012.

So I've seen my software cracked and decompiled and sold for 9.99$ on websites that sell cracked expert advisor.

All this happens with the support of xxxx or xxxx that accepts payments for these pirated products.

So, please think something better to protect my intellectual property, the way is not to say that is not permitted, the way is to create an hacker proof compiling.

Best regards

Carlo Colombo

xxx

positiveday: Also, the presence of a decompiled file don't means that comes from a stolen intellectual property,
Yes it does. Had the owner wanted to release the code into the public domain (thus relinquishing property rights,) the code published would be the original not decompiled.

WHRoeder:
Yes it does. Had the owner wanted to release the code into the public domain (thus relinquishing property rights,) the code published would be the original not decompiled.

No, it doesn't.
I could suppose that the owner of the code lost the source code and recovered the source code with a decompiler.
Is only the owner of the intellectual property that can say that (and it's an his own privilege).

positiveday:

No, it doesn't.
I could suppose that the owner of the code lost the source code and recovered the source code with a decompiler.
Is only the owner of the intellectual property that can say that (and it's an his own privilege).

OK,  contact the author and get written permission to have access to the source code and we will apologize to you,  but you don't know who the author is . . .  just because you found something doesn't mean that you can assume you have permission to have it. 

Hello, I've posted an example.

The file is offered to the public on ForexFactory, so, copyrights are a problem of ForexFactory, and I suppose that they have.

Instead to do the Copyright "cop" I think that could be more useful to protect better ex4 files.

Best regards.

Reason: