Corona Charts by J.Ehlers - page 2

One more useful tool will be ready soon - Corona DashBoard.

Files:
cdb_1.gif  17 kb

I've finished Corona DashBoard.

Inputs:

TimeFrame - Time Frame in min

Price - Price Mode (0...10)

X_Distance - X distance from Anchor

Y_Distance - Y Distance from Anchor

XY_Corner - Anchor Corner(0...3)

TextColor

Files:

has anyone used this

Has anyone tested the dashboard or have any tips on using it

igorad:

Inputs:

TextColor

Corona Charts- a very very good application, but...

igorad:

Inputs:

TextColor

The corona dash board all together with all the other corona indicator are the greatest implementation in mql4 I have ever seen. IGORAD you are really the best .

But, after reading the Corona Chart explanation , I used the Corona indicators + the dash board (very useful to summarize the situation) in EUR/USD H1. I included in the chart the 3-level-zz-semafor and the Cycle_Kroufr indicator. IMHO the Corona charts are very lagging w.r.t the 3-level-zz and the Cycle_Kroufr .See in attachment a captured chart shoot. Where I'm wrong . May be I did not understand the Corona charts explaination ?

Also higher TF seems to be lagging. What's is wrong ?

Thanks

Fabio

Files:

Corona use

these are just my experiments

there is so much in this corona business that I am playing with it one step at a time.

I am only using corona swing position ( so far)

I set it up on 15 min, 30min, 1hr and 4 hr charts with an RSI ( composite index)

I look at the corona s/n to see which chart to stay away from, ie noise excludes that chart, evem trend can be noise, chnage to higher or lower time frame) 30 min is always pretty good

then i relate the cycle to time in london or NY time and then relate that to actual price action to get a feel for directional exurberence vs ECB ned to dmapen euro price

I am only doing this on eur/usd

early days

john

I get the trend vigor and the S/N and start to apreciate it a lot but still have a hard time to understand cycle and swing.. Can anybody help with simple explanation please?

I'm loving Corona Charts

Thanks Igor, these corona charts are fantastic.

I'm currently playing with them, and using them in combination with my usual other indicators. I like corona because it seems to predict the market moves quite well.

I do have a question though. Does anyone know what timeframe to use these charts on I have tried different charts, and the trendVigor and Swing changes significantly on the different chart timeframes?

Steve

Sine Wave

Is there a way to superimpose a sine wave over the price graph using the Cycle period and swing? I think it would be a good indicator for extrapolation. The sine wave could have a corona for when its inaccurate due to high noise.

How does one interpret swing? Does a positive swing mean the cycle is shifted backwards or forwards?

The dominant cycle will be different for different timeframes so the swing position etc should be different.

simple instructions on how to use the Corona indicators

Hi all,

this is a hopefully simple explaination of how to use the Corona indicators. Well this is how I'm using them.

First of all I'd like to thank Igorad for coding them and I have to say that as usual he's done a great job on them.

All together the 4 indicators give you an overview of the pair in a specific time frame. In particular they tell you if the pair is in trend or not. If it's not in trend then it can be moving cyclically or not. So we can trade the pair in two ways... trend following or swing trading using the cycle period.

The first thing I look at is the Signal to Noise indicator (CoronaSNR). If the indicator is below 6 and the indicator has a "corona" around then it means that the pair is trending. If the SNR is below 4 the trend is stronger.

It doesn't tell you in which direction the trend is but if there's a trend or not.

So we got two options: trading or "ranging".

In case of a ranging pair we look at the Trend Vigor indicator for a confirm. If the TV is between -2 and +2 then we got the confirm we needed to say that the pair is in cycle mode.

At this point we look at the Swing Position indicator and we sell on peaks and buy on valleys. Better if the Swing Position indicator hasn't got any corona (meaning a more clear cycle is in action). In this case you can also use the Cycle Period value to "manually" predict next peak/valley.

In case of SNR showing a trending pair, instead, we start to watch the direction of the Trend Vigor to understand in which direction the trend is going. Sometimes the TV tends to be a little "predictive" so you better wait for the Swing Position to show a change in trend before entering the trade. Another confirm comes from the SNR going below the 4 level.

I hope this clears a little how to use them. At least this is how I'm using them accordingly to J.Ehlers writings. Maybe it's a little too simple but those are the basic rules I use.

I personally look at them on a multi time frame base as that way I have a general overview (using the daily) and them move down to H4 and then trade the 1H. For two reasons: reliability of the signals (higher time frames usually give better signals), and time (I'm very busy and don't have time to trade lower time frames).

The Corona Dashboard is a great help for MTF trading. Attached is a screenshot of my "corona" template.

Andrea

Files:
Reason: