MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 598

[Deleted]
I want read dates of a csv file using Filereadarray.   The problem is that the program read a values different of that csv file.  The file is a csv file with one column (of Excel) with the values 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9. The program read a different value.   I cant use Fileopen with the flag FILE_CSV...
Hello, I noticed that whenever i place an order on my android mobile platform, it isn´t registered in mt4 desktop log file, even though it displays it on the chart. Is there a way of registering on the log file those orders? I was thinking of an indi that would register the activity on chart to the...
  MQL for Android  (5)
Is there anyway way of programming mql4 on android?? I have a c and c++ compiler on there but not sure the meta quotes app lets you program?   Would it be possible to emulate on an android? 
Hi, I'm trying to write an EA, first step is to compile a list of open orders that match the symbol that the EA is currently open on. However, whenever I try to check the contents of an array index with MessageBox(OrderArray[0][0]); I get an Array out of Range error. Here is the relevant code: int...
[Deleted]
Dear Forum members, I've worked on some programs in MQL4 for a year and now I decided to code some Library files as well. I have some classes written in Include (.mqh) files and used already. They are working properly. I wrote some functions in a Library file, compiled, and working so now I...
Hello. Is it possible to incorporate a programmed expert advisor mql4 Cloud Network? Thanks
I'm trying to run this function, is made for custom priceseries, basically input are: -Price applied to (close,low,high ect) -index of shift  -open,close,high,low from OnCalculate this is the function.  enum Applied_Price       // Type of constant  {   Price_Close,          // Close   Price_Open...
I have a demo account with MT4. Recently I noticed that some of my buy and sell orders were placed by "expert", followed by an expert id. I have never authorized anyone to do that for, neither did I enable the EA authorization. Because of this erratic "expert", I have been losing money. Have been...
So frustrated I haven't any idea how this happened! The code ran on 2 brokers for 3 months. Today the issue below suddenly happened at 1 broker. Please refer to the log and code below.  The code should run sentence by sentence based OnTick. However, please refere to the time marked in yellow. Why...
[Deleted]
  Pumping timeout:  (1)
Hi All  from some reason we start seeing on the journal tab a lot of Pumping timeout:   how i can troubleshot this?  
hola a todos tengo un error hace semanas , me aparece en la carpeta de expertos el error 126 cannot load metasetup.dll, alguien sabe como solucionarlo??
[Deleted]
Hi, I'm very very new to mql coding, and I'm asking you help with some basic concept. I'm starting from a very simple attempt: I check if thare aren't orders opened or pending, and I open some orders, market and stop. When all orders are triggered and closed, in loss or profit,...
wrote and compiled an ea, eliminated errors and got an exe w/o errors, but cannot load the ea.  the expert tab says it is not an ea.  why?  
Hello peeps, im just wondering if theres any actual equation for volatility? I've seen it used and measured in various ways and i know you can measure the total change in a day vs the current value, or change vs range, or high - low / volume or some nominal value based on time etc but is there an...
Seriously, in all charts. Is there actually a mathematical strategy that works? It seems to me that if someone produced a program that made windfall profits - or even just tiny steady profits all the time, it would be all over the news. I see the movements and the pivot points. I always feel like...
[Deleted]
Hi, Just a quick question, I am trying to add an expiration time on a buy script. I have added the line extern datetime Expiration = 0; to my script which is ok but is there a way i can make the order expire at 9.00pm on the day that the order was placed rather than having to manually input the date...
Hello everybody! I'm a new user of this forum and I'm trying to learn MQL4 to build a my own EA, but now I have a little problem with my code. The MT4 doesn't read this part : " int H = OrdersTotal(); //CORREZIONE BUY   if (H>0)    {     OrderSelect(H-1,SELECT_BY_POS);     if(OrderType()==0 &&...
Hello All: I used to use window xp, mt4 runs fine. right now i am update to window7, but somehow when i copy and paste the ex4 file to the indicator folder, the File won't show up inside the MT4. I tested, i still can move any ex4 file at my window xp's MT4 and use without any problem...
[Deleted]
Hi I am running my EA on FBS metatrader platform. the demo account can work but the real account not working However, I just cannot open a position with Ordersend. my code is like this int value = OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_SELL,0.01,Bid,10,0,skimProfit,"sell",magic,0,Yellow);    Error Ordersend(-1):...
Hello, I'm adding support for 4K displays and I have found that the windows desktop scaling has an effect on the text displays and dialogs I have created. The fixes are simple enough, however the changes need to be kept in line with the value of the desktop scaling size. Does anyone know if there...
Hello, I am trying to retrieve a simple double value from a "data.txt" file in the following function. However the FileOpen() function always returns -1 (INVALID_HANDLE). The "data.txt" only contains 1 value (i.e. 89.55) and is located at MQL4/Files. double ReadNumberFromFile(){   int file_handle;...
Hi   this is a general question about project patterns in MQL4. I got my first decent EA working. In the interest of expediency i stuck all logic in one ea file first. I then refactored it to be a bit more OO and created some classes but everything remained in the one file. Before I develop further...
I would like to know how to Buy with Broker A and automatically my Broker.B will Sell instantly? If my position was closed by Broker B due to margin call, my position in Broker A will closed instantly as well. I want to hedge each other with different broker with automate EA or script. Please advise...
I need custom moving average indicator when i run it 1M time Frame i need to show 5M Time Frame values. anyone have like this indicator? thanks
  Array values  (3)
Hello, from another software than Metatrader I'm used to the following: When adressing Array values (for example Bars) - in the past - values from 1 upwards are used. Value 0 ist the present bar. (like MT) When adressing Array values - in the future - negative values are used. How does MT4 handles...
Hi,  I am new to this forum and mql4 so please forgive my basic question. I knew from before that some other platforms didn't let a Buy and a Sell position to be open at the same time. For example if you had a buy position, then they didn't let you to open a separate sell position and instead they...
i recently had to download a new mt4, and i cannot find the editor or compiler.  i thought it all used to come in as a package.  has that changed?  anyhow, from where can i find and download the editor and compiler(web address)?
Can someone please give options how to include a simple license into an indicator with mql4. I did not find much information. Thanks you.
I very new to MT4.  I got to the point I wanted to  download an indicator.  I like the one called HLC from the previous day.   It provides a way of shifting the lines to the present day. I was able to download the indicator. I chose the "common MT4"  method. I could not see an obvious way to put it...