MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 597

I have written an EA that is quite sensitive to small price changes of 2 pips and more. When testing on historical data in the Strategy Tester it gives beautiful results, but when doing forward testing it is very disappointing and not profitable. When I retest the EA on the live data used for...
CUSIV01.MT4  compiling error called out. "Improper enumerator error cannot be used"   Can this be fixed? I am quite new to MT4.  But I like the platform very much. This particular indicator was working on my charts for a day. It a good one. Would like to continue using it.   Thank you for your...
So i have been thinking many days on this Problem and don't know how to fix it, maybe someone have Idee for algorithm, i will be very thankful Basically it's a Grid system, at Start it will open 2 level above with predefine Increment and 2 level under . Let say A for above and U for under , we have...
[Deleted]
So, I have been using the formula below to calculate swap rate: Swap = Lots*Open Price*Symbol swap rate (long or short)*1/(360*100)*contract size*quote currency to usd rate Below are my calculations for several symbols: Time  Type  Symbol  Lots     Price      Price  long rate...
Care should be taken to verify each ownership, status, and location of each Forex trading firm, website, or app before signing-up for a trading account. There are many websites claiming low brokerage charges and high leverage (allowing more trading exposure with less capital), some as high as 1000:1...
Take a look at the example provided at https://docs.mql4.com/common/webrequest i have added Alert(result[0]); to see what server respond back, Alert(result[1]);Alert(result[2]);.... The array result allways contains numbers now i want to know how to recive contents at the website I send webrequest...
  Writing a script  (2)
Curious if anyone is interested in helping me write a script
  new member  (1)
Hi friends I am the new member of the forum!!     
[Deleted]
Hi. In the new post of my blog I let you a metatrader library that allows you to read data from a Web Page. Its use it is fully commented through an example with images. I hope you like it and I wait for your comments Best regards, Mestize www.forexmq4.blogspot.com
Hi, how can i enable dll imports in a chart template? If i drag from the Navigator the EA works properly, if i load from a template it fails. thanks for the fast answer, Istvan
[Deleted]
  C program  (1)
Hello, i am new to MQL4 and i wanted to know how can I run a program.c from my mql source code as external. I want the program to run continuously and at the same time mql extract some notes to a txt file so I can see them in the other day. Any help?? 
[Deleted]
Hi there, Is there someone here who knows how return an array on a function on MQL? Like if your are going to retrieve a data on CSV, instead of using different functions to get data one by one all of the data on the CSV, i mean one row of data will be put on an array then when you use the function,...
Hi, I'm trying to create objects by looping through an array...... here's the code, but when I try to compile, I get the error "  '[' - invalid index error  " Can somebody confirm if it can be done, and what I'm doing wrong Thanks in advance. //---Create Array of Symbols we wish to interogatestring...
Dear,why dose below program always display  ” ordermodify error 130 ” ?    void OnTick()   { //--- if(Hour() == 1 && OrdersTotal() == 0) { int ticket=OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_SELL,0.1,Bid,3,0,0,NULL,1,0,NULL);        for(int i=0;i<=OrdersTotal();i++)            {             if(OrderSelect(i...
Hi,   After build 940, global variables seem to repeat themselves and persist even AFTER deletion and restart of the mt4 platform.  I seem to have global variables dating back to December of 2015.... anyone else has this problem or know how to resolve this?    
So, this code will draw the trendlines using the coordinates correctly.  It doesn't matter what I set the RayLeft and RayRight values to, Left is always on (true) and Right is always off (false).  And what I want is the reverse.  Anyone got any ideas?...
[Deleted]
  Hello everyone, Here's the problem, I can't see the "visual mode" feature when I want to back test manually. Anyone can help me about this?  I'd be glad if you can help me out.    
Is it somehow possible to carry dll as byte array in body of compiled .ex4 and deploy it at run-time and call functions? Does anybody have experience with it please?   thanks 
[Deleted]
Is function Webrequest only for sending information? Can I use it to receiving information from a server too?
Hi there,   To prevent some boilerplate code, I want to read the file name, of the file a class is executing in..   There is no default MQ4 function available, but it should be possible with a native windows function (GetModuleFileName kernel32.dll) Source - https://msdn.microsoft...
I have a laptop with larger resolution 3200x1800 running on Win10 and I run MT4 Build 950. Most EA which show panel are not scaling very well. All text is confined in a small scale and elements overlap each other. How can I resolve this? Examples of bad scaling:
Pretty much as the title states, how can I find the first swing high and swing low of a bigger range?     
[Deleted]
Hey All, I'm new here, long time lurker as a lot of google searches tend to end up in here anyway, so I thought might as well create an account and start participating. I'm trying to get an EA off the ground, and being able to code during the next few days would help out a lot. Currently using only...
Hi, The following EA was a sample I downloaded attempting to test Bar Open Only processing that operates 100% dependent on the platform during operation. That is to say it should not have any dependency on sending or operating on tick files or broker sent limit orders, only market order action on...
I want to get High/Low/Open/Close of Order Opened Candle?
version 4 of 950 build can't get my alert to send sms message to my phone using gmail smtp.gmail.com:465 gmailemail@gmail.com gmail password gmailemail@gmail.com phone number@tmomail.net my test works! alarm sounds and sms is sent But when the alert hits the set level----all I get is the sound of
I keep to re-read the code, and is looking to me without a solution to find the error. It is Index of Currencies, and because is reading/calculating correctly other data depending on correctly reading same pair "EURxxx" before, it has been read + taken as data, but... it does not show with the...
[Deleted]
Hi every body I have 2 indicators that copy all analysis from Mt4 chart and then paste to another chart I want to add a part that I can select date for copy For example : I want to copy all analysis on chart from 20.1.2015 to 17.08.2018 Thanks a lot for your help
Hi all,   May i know what is the maximum number of instrument or markets can be loaded into 1 MT4 account before it starts to have problem?   Thanks in advance. 
Here is the code: if(OrderSelect(ticket,SELECT_BY_TICKET) == true)       {                if(position == IN_SELL){             double avg = get_average();             if(value <= avg){                RefreshRates();                if(OrderClose(OrderTicket(),OrderLots(),Bid,3,Red) == true)...