MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 425

Hello, I would like to have something (I don't know if it should be called na EA or a script) that automatically opens a position if the timeframe candle (that the ea is running on) closes beyound a certain level that we define. Note that it is not when price reaches that level, it would be when...
Dear Friends, Please try attached EA which opens buy and sell order at the time and order will be closed once Take profit is hit. Please Find Report as per below. Please give your feedback for the same. ymbol[/TD]EURUSD (Euro vs US Dollar)[/TD][/TR] Period[/TD]1 Minute (M1) 2012.01.27 00:00 - 2012...
Hi, I have a question. Receiving buffer signal from the indicator, I want to make BUY/SELL order when trend color changes. Attached indicator shows buffer signal such as Buffer1 =BUY BUffer2 =SELL I can order if buffer1 or buffer2 is not EMPTY_VALUE. However,if I do this, so many BUY/SELL orders are...
Hi guys, So yeah, the question is in the title. I have an indicator which uses IndicatorCounted() to find out how many candles have not yet been calculated since "last time", but when i switch back and forth between two timeframes, IndicatorCounted() is always zero and thus the whole thing gets...
[Deleted]
Hi, I need an indicator that gives a sound alert after the closing of the third consecutive green or consecutive red candle. Example: first green close; second green close; third green close... BEEEP ! Even better if it could calculate the distance in pips between the first open and the last close...
Hi all... please tell me what's wrong in this code? //+------------------------------------------------------------------+ //| GetVolumeInformation.mq4 | //+------------------------------------------------------------------+ #property copyright "Copyright ©...
Is it possible to have access to a txt file while an EA is writing on it ( for example opening it with Notepad )? Actually i'm using the FILE_WRITE flag in FileOpen function. Tried with "FILE_WHARE_WRITE" but returns 5008 error constantly
Hi there, I have the original code of COG for Mt4, wich is available everywere, but it is a linear poyection and I'm trying to make it look like the original Hurst channel. wich is not linear, is it possible?. Thank you!.
I'm attempting to solve an issue but I'd like to have an opinion which solution is more efficient/appropriate in the MQL4 way of thinking. I wrote an indicator that, once a minute, reads a website and extracts a certain value. It will then write that value and the time into a .csv file. Another...
I built this EA and I thought I put in the code to only make one trade per bar but it dont seem to be working. Sometimes it places more than one trade per bar. Could someone please help me figure out why? I'm checking with datetime and storing it in time
"I know very little about coding. Is there any kind person out there that could possibly show me how to add an alert to this indicator?" Help to add an email alert and mt4 app alert to this rsi indicator
I understand little bit why define the MAFIC_NUMBER as an integer, not a string? I think define it as a string is much better than as an integer since you can transform an integer to a string but nit vise verse, right? Besides a string can tell much more than an integer. Right?
Hi there, I have multiple accounts running different EAs. I login into one account  under MT4, and drag the EA onto the charts and its running. That's fine. Then I want to switch to another account to test another EA but the charts with the EA from the first account are still there. How can I...
Could someone please help point out why this EA I have been working on will not place trades live. It seems to place them in the strategy tester fine.
Hi, I am trying to convert a my custom indicator, perfectly working, into an EA. I have set the iCustom function as follows: double vwp_up=iCustom(_Symbol,0,"VWP - Price",1,0);double vwp_down=iCustom(_Symbol,0,"VWP - Price",0,0); Commenting the those variables, to see their value, I get only...
Hi all, It's been a long time, suddenly I find everything automatically turned into MQL5? The following code is a three MA indicator I've been using for a long time.(In MT5 first bar is 0? but this indicator still runs fine. MQL5 running in MT4 is really confusing.) Today I'm trying to add a MA...
Hey everyone, maybe simple question for you. I have a message box in an EA and in case by clicking the OK button I want to open the expert propierties. I still know how to code the message box, but I don't know what to call after the click? Example: if(mycheckbox==IDOK) doing what?? Thanks a lot...
  VPS vs Phone  (1)
Hi guys, I have a forex vps server running an EA. Whenever I check my MT4 trading account on my phone I am getting the notification that another sign in has occurred. That’s fine but my question is does the EA on my VPS keeps running when signing in from another location/device ? Cheers DrTom 
  TSD RedBack  (6)
TSD RedBack
void OnTick()  {             double SlowMovingAverage = iMA(NULL,0,90,0,MODE_SMA,PRICE_CLOSE,0);            double LastSlowMovingAverage = iMA(NULL,0,90,0,MODE_SMA,PRICE_CLOSE,1);            double FastMovingAverage = iMA(NULL,0,15,0,MODE_SMA,PRICE_CLOSE,0);            double LastFastMovingAverage =...
[Deleted]
Hello, I am looking for the source code of the indicator of "Dow Theory". I'm only interested in drawing a line between the highest and lowest prices. Not all of Dow theory. Thank you,
Hi, In my EA I use the trailing stop as follow: ...extern double SL_prozent = 1.0;double dStopLoss, dUpdatedPrice;...void OnTick(){   // some businessLogic here   if(OrdersTotal() > 0){      updateTrailingStop();   }   ... bEntryLong = ... bEntryShort = ...   int iTotal=OrdersTotal();       //...
Hi.. I'm trying to write an EA that checks for a condition at the start of each bar. I was able to find solution to it in this webpage. http://mql4tradingautomation.com/execute-action-once-per-bar-mql4/ After running the code on a sample EA, I found that the code actually works.  In the beginning,...
Hi I am trying to write a code which will give me a sum total of back to back losses including commissions. I am able to retrieve the last loss and commissions but have no clue as to how to retrieve the sum total of losses when it happens in a row. Here's what I am talking about. This is the list...
Hi I have this code and i select order #12345, OrderSelect function always return true even when order closed with takeprofit Why? Print(OrderSelect(12345,SELECT_BY_TICKET, MODE_TRADES));
Hi BarrowBoy, How are you? Need your help again!..Can you write this EA for me... Thanks in advance. My question is : 1) How to open order for 2 currency pair like E/G and U/J at same time(hedge) in only using E/G H1 chart? example: E/G=buy, U/J=sell using the WPR as below:...
[Deleted]
Hello everyone, I am writing the expert, which is used ChartTimePriceToXY. When I tested it, this function work incorrect. Every time it returns 2147483647. I realise that it is 2^31 - 1, which is mean EMPTY_VALUE in this system, but I absolutely dont know why it happens.  Part of my code: double...
Does anyone have a metatrader 4 terminal build newer than b1090?  (like b11xx) Is there a summary of fixes? How do you get to download any betas that might be available?
  Closing Trade  (1)
I took trades on my MT4 while at work, my partner opened the same account and tried to close them but there is no option to close or modify, how can I fix this?
Hello Guys, this is the list of Fractals free indicator: //+------------------------------------------------------------------+ //| Fractals.mq4 | //| Copyright © 2005, MetaQuotes Software Corp. | //|