Super fractals?

Hi,

I'm trying to edit a 'Fractal' indicator and was hoping someone could help me out...

The current version identifies a high fractal as one that has two lower wicks each side of it, and a low fractal as one that has two higher wicks each side of it -- so, a five candle pattern.

Is there any way I can adjust the code so I can CHOOSE the number of before/after lower wicks that define the fractal. So, for instance, only drawing a high fractal if has FOUR lower wicks after it, and five before it (and vice versa for a low fractal).

Ideally, I'd like to be able to define these before/after variables in the parameters dialog that pops up when I apply the indicator.

Any help much appreciated.

Files:
fractals.ex4  8 kb

you can not edit .ex file.

fiveshorts:

Hi,

I'm trying to edit a 'Fractal' indicator and was hoping someone could help me out...

The current version identifies a high fractal as one that has two lower wicks each side of it, and a low fractal as one that has two higher wicks each side of it -- so, a five candle pattern.

Is there any way I can adjust the code so I can CHOOSE the number of before/after lower wicks that define the fractal. So, for instance, only drawing a high fractal if has FOUR lower wicks after it, and five before it (and vice versa for a low fractal).

Ideally, I'd like to be able to define these before/after variables in the parameters dialog that pops up when I apply the indicator.

Any help much appreciated.

Post the mq4 file not the ex4. Means post the source code.

http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=46986

Try this link for a couple options.

Reason: