TESTER : loading and removing indicator

Hi,

I'm using the tester and it doesn't stop loading and removing indicator. What does that means? what is it doing?

I used the tester for a few days, it was ok. From yesterday on, it takes a lot of time and it displays in the journal that it loads and remove the 2 indicators the EA is calling. I'm afraid it comes from that because I tried with previous version of the EA I tested the same way a few days before with not such problem and I have the problem now. So what is loading and removing? Memory allocation in the nucleus? How can I avoid that? Why it has changed (if it is the case), my MT4 has been updated? ... I doubt, but why not.

A clue on this would be very appreciated, Thanks.

Jacques366:

Hi,

I'm using the tester and it doesn't stop loading and removing indicator. What does that means? what is it doing?

I used the tester for a few days, it was ok. From yesterday on, it takes a lot of time and it displays in the journal that it loads and remove the 2 indicators the EA is calling. I'm afraid it comes from that because I tried with previous version of the EA I tested the same way a few days before with not such problem and I have the problem now. So what is loading and removing? Memory allocation in the nucleus? How can I avoid that? Why it has changed (if it is the case), my MT4 has been updated? ... I doubt, but why not.

A clue on this would be very appreciated, Thanks.

Jacques366,

It's ok.. when an EA uses some indicators they are loaded automatically and are attached to chart. Don't worry, all's fine..

robofx.org wrote >>

Jacques366,

It's ok.. when an EA uses some indicators they are loaded automatically and are attached to chart. Don't worry, all's fine..

Thanks for answering robotfx,

I worry because it is time consuming!! About 2-3 hours were needed to test 1 month and now it's testing only 2-3 days!

I think it wasn't loadind and removing the indicator so much, only at the beginning, but now my journal is full of these messages and I have a very slow progression in time.

I would like to know if there is something to do with memory allocation (indicators haven't changed : so same working area) and if I can do something to get back the previous speed.

Or may be you mean this loading and removing mechanism is not time consuming enough to generate the problem?

Jacques366:

Thanks for answering robotfx,

I worry because it is time consuming!! About 2-3 hours were needed to test 1 month and now it's testing only 2-3 days!

I think it wasn't loadind and removing the indicator so much, only at the beginning, but now my journal is full of these messages and I have a very slow progression in time.

I would like to know if there is something to do with memory allocation (indicators haven't changed : so same working area) and if I can do something to get back the previous speed.

Or may be you mean this loading and removing mechanism is not time consuming enough to generate the problem?

Problem is not in loading and removing indicators but the calculations and checks of them within the expert advisor. Cannot tell how to fix it without having the sourcecode. I've also written experts using many indys and they bacame time consuming for backtests. One way to speed tests up is change the simulation model, e.g. using open prices only, or control points if they are satisfactory for you.

robofx.org wrote >>

Problem is not in loading and removing indicators but the calculations and checks of them within the expert advisor. Cannot tell how to fix it without having the sourcecode. I've also written experts using many indys and they bacame time consuming for backtests. One way to speed tests up is change the simulation model, e.g. using open prices only, or control points if they are satisfactory for you.

Yes, That's what I was doing.

then I tried a few more time with every tick and problematic situation comes and go... so it really depends on MT4 and not on my code, I can relax on that point !!!!

Thanks very much for your help

Jacques366:

Yes, That's what I was doing.

then I tried a few more time with every tick and problematic situation comes and go... so it really depends on MT4 and not on my code, I can relax on that point !!!!

Thanks very much for your help

Well... I supose it'sbe possible to optimize your code too to a certain level..

Reason: