What I would like from the "terminal" as a professional programmer. Another thread with wishes for MQL5.

I've been reading the MQL5 Wishes thread, but it's so amateurish, sorry, in some places. I just wanted to create this topic...

The essence of what I'd like to see in the new system, the very essence, the very idea ... Not a lot of details...

It is clear that MT have their own vision of what they do and probably have already moved on, and probably my vision of "what we need" will not be reflected in this version, but I still wanted to say exactly - "what programmers need". It is very likely that non-programmers also need it but they just do not know about it.

So - I would like to see a kernel - an analogue of the current terminal. And the ability to create programs that draw charts. I could attach indicator buffers to Chart class and draw them in its window... The window should have some standard buttons, standard properties and other standard things. But the window should be free, not a subwindow in the terminal. BUT I would also like to be able to have a window as a subwindow of the terminal. Why do I need it? First of all, because the "free" windows I can arrange more flexibly.

Secondly, I would not like to burden MT programmers with development of mega source code editors, because it is essentially a bicycle invention. And use for example the studio. But the important thing is that programs written even in studio, for example in C#, would use some sort of manager class, through which I could output the charts to the chart window.

Third, if we don't want to give API for trading - then let it be completely inside the terminal, and data exchange with external world would be done only through some data - so we'd have more food for the wolves and the sheep... Well, you really need to draw the charts and have the historical data in external programs, and to create these programs in professional environments. And now you can have the data, but you have to draw it yourself, and it's not a weak task.

That's it in a nutshell...

Now that's a constructive approach, it's not a sin to support it.

I don't like it, I don't like it :-)

I guess they haven't found an alternative to MT and decided to contribute to its improvement? :-)

xeon:

Now that's a constructive approach, it's not a sin to support it.

Otherwise I don't like it, I don't like it :-)

I guess they haven't found an alternative to MT and decided to contribute to its improvement? :-)

It's a strange way of thinking... It's amazing sometimes.

Just because I don't like paint quality of Mercedes, it doesn't mean that I don't like DB brand. I'm not the type of person who "likes everything" in their own and "dislikes everything" in someone else's. I'm not a fan I'm just a programmer, and I can tell you that the quality of the compiler in MT just sucks - that's how compilers are written!!! So what? What difference does it make. The text editor is a mega nightmare for 2008. So what. It's just me as a programmer I can evaluate, it's just my evaluation. Because _I_ would write better. But I like or dislike the product not in trifles, but in the main thing.

And the fact that the people who proposed this architecture-idea - "no APIs and all their own". They are 100% wrong in marketing and business concept. And just because of laziness nobody makes their "clone", which would be slightly better and which would simply divide the market, if released. And it is not clear who will come out... They are cutting off the bough on which they are sitting. BUT THIS is just my personal professional opinion. By not giving API they are stimulating the creation of a clone. This is important to understand. But that doesn't mean I think MT is the lamest product in the world. Where did you get that from? I'll be honest - I've seen better products. But they're all for BROKERS. A lot better. But their servers are far away and the ping is high.

1. Create Chart. This would be too good, but probably unnecessary.

2. It should be possible to export to metastock and omega files, like in all terminals, without any additional self-made gimmicks. And it should be possible to send trading commands to the terminal from external programs. Forget about the possibility for the broker to prohibit or allow the work of Expert Advisors on the client side... I will not say a word. In my humble opinion, the broker should evaluate only the number of trader's transactions per unit time and block his work based on this value.

In general I support MProgrammer.

In my opinion MQ has taken the right direction - AutoTrading. And the future, in my opinion, lies in automata and semi-automatics... combines and analyzers, prompters with advisers - configurable at the trader's will. Therefore, the programming, of course, should be up to date. The API is beeping as it should be. How to market the programme (well, it's coming to that anyway) if it has a DOS face:(

SK. писал (а):

In general I support MProgrammer.

In my opinion MQ has taken the right direction - AutoTrading. And the future, in my opinion, lies in automata and semi-automatics... combines and analyzers, prompters with advisers - configurable at the trader's will. Therefore, the programming, of course, should be up to date. The API is beeping as it should be. How to promote the program on the market (well, we're going to do it anyway), if it has DOS face:(

Good thoughts expressed by MProgrammer

yes of course a full-fledged API would be great!

Integration would be much easier to do!

but here I perfectly understand the DEVELOPERS' reluctance to give API...

so as not to breed "wizards" who create their own terminals... "take the DLL set and don't need anything else"...

you get a connection and requests for orders in the form of API

Many will start to write their terminals or programs for automated trading ... without using a terminal at all ...

draw their own graphs in C++, VB, Delphi, manage orders

of course there's a way to fight it... too bad the method is the lack of API

YuraZ:

but here I perfectly understand the DEVELOPERS, with a reluctance to give API...

Many will start writing their own terminals or programs - for automated trading ... not using the terminal at all

I'm almost 1000% sure, :))) If we could not make a terminal at all, the MT guys would be very happy. :)) But here unfortunately it is difficult to sell only servers. :))... It's a pity, isn't it?

Perhaps autotrading is already very much the present behind it :)

I understand developers trying to do everything in one package, their own language, compiler and editor. Maybe the truncated language, compared to C, is caused by fear of errors, because everything may be primitive, but it is guaranteed to work. I think this is the right approach for a trading system because the price of an error is high here.

I think we should develop an approach to integration with external programs. Anyway, I'm not going to write anything serious in MQL4, as I believe it is not realistic.

I am going to do all the analysis in external programs and use the Expert Advisor for connecting with them. And this connection, as I see it, may be only the function calls from external DLL.

I suggest supplementing these methods.

About the editor. I understand that a good editor is difficult to make. So give us the opportunity to use an external editor, so that when an external change to the file, it is reloaded, well, as in all of the normal editor is done.

MProgrammer:

Screamers who dislike something are always full of those who do not shout but simply do (a dog barks and a caravan runs), good or bad, but they do and correct mistakes which are inevitable, because you know that only he who does nothing is not mistaken. Many can argue that I would write better , but in practice they do not show anything worthwhile, they just pay lip service.

> And thepeople who suggested this architecture-idea - "there's no API and everything is their own" - are 100% wrong in marketing.They are 100% wrong in marketing and business concept.

Judging by this statement, do you consider yourself a marketer too? :-)

I think you overestimate yourself :-)

What about the product itself, everybody knows about its shortcomings without you, and make suggestions for its improvement.

But note: - "suggestions for improvement" and not naked, unnecessary criticism. That's what I wrote about in the previous post.

xeon:

Screamers who dislike something are always full of those who do not shout but simply do (a dog barks and a caravan runs), good or bad, but they do and correct mistakes which are inevitable, because you know that only he who does nothing is not mistaken. They say they would write better , but they do not show anything good in practice, they just pay lip service.

+1 ))))) Only he who does nothing makes mistakes.

xeon:
MProgrammer:

There are always many screamers who dislike something and do not shout but simply do, (A dog barks, a caravan runs), good or bad, but they do, correct mistakes which are inevitable, because we know that only he who does nothing is not mistaken. Many can argue that I would write better , but in practice they do not show anything worthwhile, they just pay lip service.

> And thepeople who suggested this architecture-idea - "there's no API and everything is their own" - are 100% wrong in marketing.They are 100% wrong in marketing and business concept.

Judging by this statement, do you consider yourself a marketer too? :-)

I think you overestimate yourself :-)

What about the product itself, everybody knows about its shortcomings without you, and make suggestions for its improvement.

But note: - "suggestions for improvement" and not naked, unnecessary criticism. That's what I wrote about in the previous post.

I wasn't discussing you? No. And I'm asking you to refrain from saying "I'm overestimating myself"...

I've written before, I'm expressing my point of view. And not in the expectation that yours will change. I hope that's clear.

If you do not understand that I am right in terms of business, then it's probably your problem, because I say generally trivial things that are not in fact controversial.

So I suggest you keep your assessment of me to yourself.

Reason: