Installing an EA/ indicator

I'm having trouble installing an EA or an indicator (i'm using a demo account on MT4). The steps I'm following in order to do this are:

1. Drop EA file into C:\Program Files (x86)\MetaTrader 4\experts

2. Close MT

3. Restart MT

From what I've read, the EA or indication should just appear in my navigator after this, correct? Is there anything else I'm missing?

Thanks for your help!

You have to attach them to the charts .. on the top of meta.trader, you'll see the View Tool.bar. Follow View-->Navigator--->(then select your EA or Indicator).

ubzen:
You have to attach them to the charts .. on the top of meta.trader, you'll see the View Tool.bar. Follow View-->Navigator--->(then select your EA or Indicator).

Yes, the problem is that they simply do not appear in my navigator. Only the defaults show up.

mattt:

Yes, the problem is that they simply do not appear in my navigator. Only the defaults show up.

Mattt,

Does your EA disappear from the experts folder when you're starting your MT4 platform up again?

Nope, its still there

What is the file extension of the file you're dropping into the experts folder?

CB

mattt:

I'm having trouble installing an EA or an indicator (i'm using a demo account on MT4). The steps I'm following in order to do this are:

1. Drop EA file into C:\Program Files (x86)\MetaTrader 4\experts

2. Close MT

3. Restart MT

From what I've read, the EA or indication should just appear in my navigator after this, correct? Is there anything else I'm missing?

Thanks for your help!

Matt,

Call this a silly question, but did you compile the EA using MT4's MetaEditor. I have used Virtual Traders Studio to write EA's, and if you don't compile them in MetaEditor, they don't appear as workable in the Navigator.

Best,

JM

cloudbreaker:

What is the file extension of the file you're dropping into the experts folder?

CB

The file extensions are: .mq4 and .ex4

CountingMan:

Matt,

Call this a silly question, but did you compile the EA using MT4's MetaEditor. I have used Virtual Traders Studio to write EA's, and if you don't compile them in MetaEditor, they don't appear as workable in the Navigator.

Best,

JM

These arent EA's I created, they are some of the most popular ones in use here (I'm a noob just starting) that I downloaded off of this site

hi,

I think, the problem is that they simply do not appear in my navigator I have used Virtual Traders Studio to write EA's and i downloaded off of this site. thanks.

________________________________________________________________________________________

Earn an Extra $1000 to $1200 per month doing Part Time Data Entry Jobs! Work from home data entry jobs to post simple data submissions on Internet. Make $1 per entry. Easy form filling, data entry and ad posting jobs. No selling, No phone calls, No Marketing. No Investment. Bi-weekly payments. Full Training Provided. Pls visit: [url=http://www.dataentrywork.net/?id=26201] Data-Entry [/url]

I figured the problem out. I have multiple demo accounts, I didn't know that it creates a new installation (and installation location) for each account. A bit annoying, but hey at least I figured it out. Thanks everyone for your help.
Reason: