Forexfactory and News indicator

Sunday April 15th 2007.

One of the good sites forexfactory.com has a problem; I had it as my home page.

Problems:

1- When Internet Explorer loads the site, a virus is being pushed into the computer.

Solution: if you have the forexfactory as your default home page, first change that for today, and then delete all the internet temporary files, from tools, internet options, General, Browsing History, delete, delete all

2- for those who have the news indicator they won’t be able to load their MT4, no need to install MT4 again, this is a temp problem, if you want to open you MT4, go to profiles, and copy all the folder to your desktop so you can put it back again when the forexfactory is back on line, after you made a copy of the profile folder, then go to the profile folder and delete all the profiles and keep the default one. This will enable you to log back again to MT4, if you have saved the news indicator on the default folder then no problem, also save all your profiles, after this you go to the default profile and delete all the contents inside, this will enable you to log to MT4 again.

After forexfactory is back online, you don't need to do the setting again, just close the MT4 and copy the profile you saved earlier on the desktop back to its orginal place and you will have your ordinal setting.....

I hope the above will help some of the traders who face the same problem I had today.

Yep, they were attacked by hackers!

They are back online now.

Here's the message:

Hackers Attack Forex Factory!

On Sunday April 15, 2007, at around 11:00am ET, one of Forex Factory’s servers was compromised, enabling an attacker to target our visitors with a Trojan Horse virus by deploying an ActiveX control into our web pages. To avoid spreading this virus, the Forex Factory site was brought down as soon the issue came to our attention, at around 12:30pm EST. Later, we restored the site under password protection to investigate the issue, which is why many users experienced an authorization rejection.

While most users report that the virus was blocked by their antivirus software, it is possible that during the hour and a half that the site was contaminated and operational, some users may have been infected with a Trojan Horse virus. The symptoms of this virus are a spotty internet connection and erratic web browser behavior. If you believe that you have been infected, please contact us and we will provide immediate support.

Any users who visited the site anytime between 8:00am ET and 1:00pm ET is encouraged to update their antivirus software and run a complete scan to ensure their computer’s security.

Other than some users possibly being infection with this Trojan Horse virus, we have not found any other issues created by the hackers.

We have made the necessary patches and we will continue to closely monitor the situation. To ensure that our servers are completely free from the virus, we have rolled the site back to April 15 at 2:00am ET. Any posts made after that time have unfortunately been lost.

We are deeply sorry for this issue. We can assure you that we continue to take the highest precautions when it comes to the security of the website. If you have any questions or need any assistance, please contact us.

I am glad thier back online

Still virus alert when someone logs to forexfactory !!!!1

Warning! Warning!

MiniMe:
Still virus alert when someone logs to forexfactory !!!!1

I got the download virus again today when I checked the site. THEY STILL HAVE A PROBLEM!

still having problems. their server wont let me log on

vcam6:
still having problems. their server wont let me log on

Again at 23:20 GMT. They put in safeguards and one of them is that when an attack is detected, the login/password screen is put up.

So they are being hacked again (thus the safeguard is engaged). Obviously someone overseas doesn't like FF! It must be morning in China and Russia.

Why can't hackers focus their time and skills on useful things?

virus

I recomend to install the www.avast.com it's free

Yes, i got problems aswell

sure they are ok now ?

Reason: