General - page 1328

GOLD: Having sold off on Tuesday to extend it downside pressure, the risk is for more downside to occur. Despite its Wednesday price hesitation, its broader bias points to the 1,321/38 levels. A turn below here will pave the way for a run at the 1,300.00 level where a breach will set the stage for a...
The Federal Reserve on Wednesday said downside risks to the economy and the U.S. jobs market have "diminished since the fall," in a more upbeat policy statement released Wednesday. The Fed expects growth to pick up in 2014 after slowing a bit in 2013, with the unemployment rate falling to as low...
Im trying to optimize and EA it has about 7 different settings for about 9 months on the 1 minute chart. My meta trader says it should take 30(754 hours) days to optimize.. Is that how long it usually takes? i have a pretty fast computer this is just crazy to me. Is there any way to speed this...
A big rally Tuesday had little follow-through on Wall Street Wednesday morning, with U.S. stocks opening modestly lower. The fireworks may come later in the day though, when Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke is set to face questions at a press conference following the central bank’s latest...
[Deleted]
Hi! One can easily make an EA only go short or long by manually shoosing it in the external settings of the EA when you put it on a live chart, but then it would not be automatic and you would have to sit by the computer all the time.Is there any code for Buy orders only allowed and Sell...
Last night, President Obama said in an interview, "Well, I think Ben Bernanke's done an outstanding job. Ben Bernanke's a little bit like Bob Mueller, the head of the FBI - where he's already stayed a lot longer than he wanted or he was supposed to." That raised some eyebrows and really turned up...
USDCHF – The pair’s outlook remains lower with the possibility of returning to the 0.9130 level on the cards. As long as it holds below its support turned resistance at the 0.9205 level, USDCHF looks to weaken further. This will leave the pair targeting the 0.9064 level where a violation will aim...
In a world where everyone is obsessed with preparing for the worst, there seems to be little time dedicated to the subject of preparing for success. Of course we need to protect against capital loss and financial failure, but once we have appropriate measures in place to limit risk and to exit a...
Here’s how stocks, bonds, commodities and dollar may react he main question hanging over financial markets right now is when and how the Federal Open Market Committee will scale back its bond purchases, seen as one of the biggest drivers for investment moves this year. After a two-day meeting, the...
Hello, what brokers support MT5 and 60-second binary options trading?
EURUSD: With EUR seen trading slightly above the 1.3400 level, a convincing break and hold above that level is expected. A follow through higher above here will turn focus to the 1.3450 level with a breach setting the stage for more gains towards the 1.3500 level. Its daily RSI is bullish and...
Do you have a computer? Good. Now you can be a quant trader. For years, complex algorithmic trading has been a major profit generator for Wall Street banks and hedge funds. It has also been a source of employment for programming prodigies — and a source of stress for regulators. But thanks to the...
The cost of living in the U.S. rose less than forecast in May, restrained by the first drop in food prices in almost four years and signaling inflation remains under control. The consumer price index was up 0.1 percent after falling 0.4 percent in April, the Labor Department reported today in...
Beginning construction of new U.S. homes increased in May and permits to build single-family houses rose to a five-year high, extending a rebound that is helping shore up the expansion. Housing starts climbed 6.8 percent, less than forecast, to a 914,000 annualized rate after a revised 856,000 pace...
Has anyone else lost the OpenCL facility since 803 build? Ever since the update the terminal say "OpenCL not found" I have updated to the latest drivers but no success. It worked before the 803 build and still works if I run the pre-803 MT version, so it seems that some comparability has been...
hi i have a very simple ea code. logic is like this (done at strategytune.com ) i have a manually opened trade and then wish to attach a ea to it by the ticket no of order. from there once a ma x takes place the order will auto close. see attachment. only thing is mine does'nt work. any ideas as to...
President Barack Obama hinted in an interview aired on Monday that he may be looking for a new chief of the U.S. Federal Reserve Bank, saying current Chairman Ben Bernanke has stayed a lot longer than he had originally planned. Obama, speaking to Charlie Rose, host of a PBS interview program,...
hi coding expert friends, Please help to advice : How to code in order to "limiting the license to certain account number only'? i want to share a custome indi with my friend. I want to limit only working on his ACCOUNt Number. I dont want him to sell it. Please help. Thank you, Anton
As we explained earlier, this week's Fed meeting is one of the most hotly anticipated Fed meetings in a long time. The recent increase in interest rates and growing talk about the Fed "tapering" its pace of bond purchases has everyone eager to parse every word in the Fed statement, and Bernanke's...
  Translating pips to money  (12   1 2)
Hi, can someone explain to me how I translate pips into real "money" when trading with MetaTrader 5. Example: - I have bougt 1.00 unit (volume) of EUR/CHF for 1.23158 -.I have sould this 1.00 unit of EUR/CHF for 1.23132 - The resulting profit is EUR -21.12 How do I calculate this profit, i...
please give me ideas or any links for such programming in MQL5
The probe of Libor manipulation is proving to be the tip of the iceberg as inquiries into assets from derivatives to foreign exchange show that if there’s a chance to rig benchmark rates in world markets, someone is usually willing to try. Singapore’s monetary authority last week censured 20 banks...
USDCAD: With s second week of decline seeing USDCAD weakening the past week and seen reversing its Friday recovery gains, further bearishness is expected in the new week. This will leave the pair targeting further downside towards the 1.0100/81 levels. Further down, support stands at the 1.0000...
News that UK regulators are investigating alleged manipulation in FX benchmarks has hit the headlines, but can it be compared to the Libor scandal? Anybody with even a cursory knowledge of the FX markets knows that the 4pm London fix is likely to generate a spike in the movement of currency rates....
I hired a programmer, he did a bad job, a moderator said I had to pay and hill work, my question is? where I can rate this programmer? please tell me.
  Any thoughts?  (9)
Setting Stop Loss to tight I know everyone has a different approach, strategy and preference when it comes to stop loss orders. I have come across several forum posts or blog posts where traders set a stop loss order less than 10 pips away from their entry. I know scalpers keep them tight. I am just...
  Are you addicted to trading?  (57   1 2 3 4 5 6)
I have met a few traders who appeared to be addicted to trading and even though they were not professional traders they tended to make their daily decisions based on their trading and often cancelled or rescheduled planed events during the week due to trading. I think they did that because they were...
Central banks and their decisions usually move their respective currencies and associated currency crosses. It is important to watch out for their meetings and more important their press conferences as well as minutes as traders will react and adjust their positions which is why volume as well as...
Hi, I want to configure my MT5 such that with each new long/short order a stop loss is automatically set that is 2*ATR(20) [indicator average true range for 20 days] below/above my order. How can I implement this automatic S/L setting? Thank you. Regards, Chirs
A reversal of the yen carry trade has also upset markets Stock investors can’t stop thinking about the Federal Reserve these days, and the pressure is on policymakers to come clean about their plans after a turbulent few weeks of trading. Yet even if the Federal Reserve clarifies its intentions...