Persistent Database connection during Optimizer

Hi friends, what's the proper way to have a persistent SQL connection during Optimizer passes? I tried opening, writing to and closing the database after each pass using MQL5 native commands but it didn't work. It did work when using the EA normally. Thank you for your comments.

Anyone??

Really need to be able to use SQLite database during optimization passes without having to write frames first.

Plamen Zhivkov Kozhuharov #: I tried opening, writing to and closing the database after each pass using MQL5 native commands but it didn't work.
What exactly did not "work"? You will have to be more specific and provide more details. Remember that the "Files" location under the Strategy Tester is at a different location.

I had an issue with the database not updating which now I identified was due to 2 reasons:

- database file must be in the Common folder (thank you Fernando)

- an error in my database insert routine which had an incorrect syntax due to large number of values (over 80) requiring concatenation of 3 long strings

Using database has now made it so much easier to analyse optimization results.

Thank you

Plamen Zhivkov Kozhuharov #:

I had an issue with the database not updating which now I identified was due to 2 reasons:

- database file must be in the Common folder (thank you Fernando)

- an error in my database insert routine which had an incorrect syntax due to large number of values (over 80) requiring concatenation of 3 long strings

Using database has now made it so much easier to analyse optimization results.

Thank you

You are welcome!
Reason: