All indicators don't work after updates

Hello guys

I had to update my system to windows 10

after the update I lunched the MT4 but my account details were gone.

Also, tried to run my indicators (both free and purchased) but nothing working, expet a few.

I need help please.

Please read the following thread: Windows 10 upgrade : what you should know !

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Windows 10 upgrade : what you should know !

Alain Verleyen, 2015.08.10 23:26

Hello All,

I am opening this topic to centralize all information about migrating to Windows 10. No much for now, but important points to be aware anyway.

Stay tuned...

P.S : Of course, only information related to MT4/MT5 will be reported here.

Sergey Golubev:

Please read the following thread: Windows 10 upgrade : what you should know !

Hi,

it's not only the purchased indicators that don't work. Also most of free indicators that normaly used before don't . only a few do.

Also, this happened after updating mt4. it opens a folder in different location places all files in in this track

C:\Users\...\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes

If i move the mql4 folder to C:\Program Files\MetaTrader 4

the platform copies the files to C:\Users\...\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes and causes the indicators and experts not to work.

Please, this needs to be fixed while downloading and installing the  mt4.

I'm not sure what update mql5 did to the platform. But it's causing indicators and experts not to work

thanks

You can read the thread (the link I provided) and make a comment there.

As to the folders so the folders were changed long time ago and it is not related to the MetaQuotes (it is related to Microsoft and Windows itself).

For example:

- my folder in MT4 (MT4 - FIle - Open Data Folder) is the following (on my Asus Tablet with Windows 8.1): C:\Users\Asus_vivo_tab\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\...\MQL4\...
- folder in MT5 (in MT5 menu: MT5 - FIle - Open Data Folder): C:\Users\Asus_vivo_tab\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\...\MQL5\..

The folders were not changed for MT4 on my Windows XP computer, but it was changed for the other PCs by Miscrosoft (it is not related to MQ). And it was from the long time ago (I am not sure which builds you were updating to the latest ones ... seems - you were updating the old builds to the very news builds ...).

------------

I am not professional with Windows 10 (I do not like Windows 10 sorry) but you can try to re-install Metatrader once again (in case of free indicators/EAs only!), and place indicators/EAs to the correct folder after that: C:\Users\A...\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\...\MQL5(4)\..

And read the following thread in case you are already on Windows 10: Windows 10 upgrade : what you should know !

And this is what I found to prevent updating Windows to Windows 10 (may be - someone needs it too for example): Never 10
GRC | Never10
  • www.grc.com
Never10 - Disable Windows 10 Automatic Upgrade

Sergey Golubev:
You can read the thread (the link I provided) and make a comment there.

As to the folders so the folders were changed long time ago and it is not related to the MetaQuotes (it is related to Microsoft and Windows itself).

For example:

- my folder in MT4 (MT4 - FIle - Open Data Folder) is the following (on my Asus Tablet with Windows 8.1): C:\Users\Asus_vivo_tab\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\...\MQL4\...
- folder in MT5 (in MT5 menu: MT5 - FIle - Open Data Folder): C:\Users\Asus_vivo_tab\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\...\MQL5\..

The folders were not changed for MT4 on my Windows XP computer, but it was changed for the other PCs by Miscrosoft (it is not related to MQ). And it was from the long time ago (I am not sure which builds you were updating to the latest ones ... seems - you were updating the old builds to the very news builds ...).

------------

I am not professional with Windows 10 (I do not like Windows 10 sorry) but you can try to re-install Metatrader once again (in case of free indicators/EAs only!), and place indicators/EAs to the correct folder after that: C:\Users\A...\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\...\MQL5(4)\..

And read the following thread in case you are already on Windows 10: Windows 10 upgrade : what you should know !

• I tried to re-install one of my purchases and I lost an activation.
  • I dont't have kb3124200 on my system which causes the system to read MT4 as new!
  • I guess, MT4 still installs the platform in different folder than the main one - in Windows 10 - causing the same problem which wasn't in old system.
  • If moved back to the old system, I'm afraid nothing will changed therfore I will lose the new system, time, some files and my indicator and experts.
  • I dont't know which thread you mean. And one of the threads you mentioned is not in English which I don't understand.

Fx taster:
  • I tried to re-install one of my purchases and I lost an activation.
  • I dont't have kb3124200 on my system which causes the system to read MT4 as new!
  • I guess, MT4 still installs the platform in different folder than the main one - in Windows 10 - causing the same problem which wasn't in old system.
  • If moved back to the old system, I'm afraid nothing will changed therfore I will lose the new system, time, some files and my indicator and experts.
  • I dont't know which thread you mean. And one of the threads you mentioned is not in English which I don't understand.
  • I think, Free tools issue which are not working (indicators, experts ..) should be fixed by metaquotes engineers even that a user has to re-activate purchases.

Fx taster:
  • I think, Free tools issue which are not working (indicators, experts ..) should be fixed by metaquotes engineers even that a user has to re-activate purchases.
I was trying to help you by providing the links for the threads where the users estimated the similar issues with how to fix it desicion ... but you are trying to use my posts for some your aggression spreaded by you (using my posts) onto metaquotes engineers ... please, do not use my posts on such a way, ok?

If you can not fix it by yourself (using the links I provided) so write to the service desk to the developers.

Sergey Golubev:
I was trying to help you by providing the links for the threads where the users estimated the similar issues with how to fix it desicion ... but you are trying to use my posts for some your aggression spreaded by you (using my posts) onto metaquotes engineers ... please, do not use my posts on such a way, ok?

If you can not fix it by yourself (using the links I provided) so write to the service desk to the developers.
Are you trying to find any reason to quote me ?
Although. Please, stop diverting around.

Taster please look in the expert log to see if there are any errors.

Hi Marco vd Heijden

I got this message 'license' even for free products!

Although, after updating to Windows 10 none of the products asked to update the license or asked to reactivate the software. Only some ask to download a free update for the product.

Metatrader4 delted the passwords caused me to reactivate the platform to the latest bulid and placed the files in different folder and stopped the tools from working.

Reason: