How to make DDE running under Linux ?

Hi,

How to make DDE running under Linux ?

Following entries in Calc do NOT work (there is always a blank cell as a result)

=DDE("MT4";"BID";"USDCHF")

=DDE("MT4";"BID";"USDCHF";1)

=DDE("MT4";"BID";"USDCHF";2)

Impossible I guess - as DDE is a MS genuine invention. On Linux the socket communication is used. DDE was never needed.

Trying to make cola with a coffee maker.

Why ?

You can just write directly to file and specify the delimiter.

I need to import data (BID, ASK) from MT4 to Calc (under Linux) to calculate something.

@Marco vd Heijden

As I understand, your idea is to export data from MT4 to a file first, and after that to import it from file to Calc.

Yes, it is a smart byway, although I am looking for some less complicated way to import data from MT4 to Calc under Linux.

Do you know any (relative simple) alternative to DDE ?

Depends on the application i have no idea what you are trying to accomplish.

But you can do the calculations perfectly directly in MQL.

You can also bridge to about any api you can think of so there are many possibilities.

The easiest way is to calculate directly in MQL.

The easiest way is to create a ram-disk and to write/read to/from there - may be you have to place some links in the mt4's sandbox. On Windows one can use 'junctions' but whether and how this works on Linux, I don't know..

I am doing some calculations in spreadsheets. It was prepared under Windows and functioned perfectly in Excel or Calc ( and data to those calculations was imported from MT4 via DDE).

Probably it would be possible to create some EA/Indicator in MQL, but it would be too complicated and time-consuming (at least for me), so I am looking for some method to import data directly from MT4 to my spreadsheets in Calc under Linux. Do you have any other idea how to do this ?

Reason: