Are you ready to give up MT4 for MT5 ? - page 6

I dont understand because people prefer C than C++. If you have big project C is like teenager room after party. I always through people that hate OOP languages is because they have limited skills as coders. Only Templates feature justify jump to C++...

Not yet as MT4 has still a lot to offer.

Juan Fernandez:
If you have big project C is like teenager room after party.

I agree with you to some point, I agree doing larger things without OOP might be foolish.

But to each its own. Many, many traders learned to code things for their own use in MQL4. For most of them, it was their first encounter with coding. Those people don't do big projects, and never will. They just want to express their ideas quickly and test them. Perhaps EasyLanguage would be even better for them; old MQL4 almost had the simplicity of EL. For those amateur coders, the complexity of OOP is real hell.

I think I'm not the typical OOP hater, I simply don't need it for the extent of tools I need to code from time to time. The level of abstraction is more a disadvantage to things I usually do, while for other uses and certainly for larger projects, it's certainly a blessing.

Personally, I don't consider myself a skilled coder; though I'm basically an IT guy, I never worked as a programmer. It was always just a hobby. When I need to code something for my own use, I typically need something small but quite special; usually it's complicated but not complex. I also prefer speed of execution above everything... my MQL things have rarely over 1000 lines of code, and when I need real speed I code myself a DLL with VC++ but don't do any big projects and almost certainly never will.. if I needed something of a really 'big' extent, I would rather hire someone who has the skills and practice with large projects.

I like MT5 more than MT4 but it is a simple problem for me.  My investment in EAs and indicators is too much to give up.

I know the day will come but I also don't update Windows or my iPhone everytime a new versión comes out because I don't use most of the features.... it just has to work with my programs to not disrupt my real work due to the operating platform.  If it would run my programs I would still use DOS Rev. 3.  LOL

I am using MT5 from the beginning, luckily being a newbie and still trading in demo mode, I choosed the latest version. Happy to learn that MT5 is going to be adopted by even more brokers. Sorry for those having a big library on MT4, there is some hard work ahead for them but I feel it is worth the effort. I'm mirroring my trades to MT4 and when I have to use MT4 I really find it difficult. Strategy tester is specially an ancestor and programming on MT4 as well.

Michael Maggi:

I like MT5 more than MT4 but it is a simple problem for me.  My investment in EAs and indicators is too much to give up.

I know the day will come but I also don't update Windows or my iPhone everytime a new versión comes out because I don't use most of the features.... it just has to work with my programs to not disrupt my real work due to the operating platform.  If it would run my programs I would still use DOS Rev. 3.  LOL

LOL. You are not alone. At my job we have customers with Win 2000 servers while some others run their invoicing on DOS.

twalk:
LOL. You are not alone. At my job we have customers with Win 2000 servers while some others run their invoicing on DOS.
About 2/3 years ago I saw in a tv-interview in a scientific institute (in the back on a desk) an old Atari 1040. :D
I think it was once made for a special task and still fulfils its requirements - so why not. I think any nowadays ransomeware will resign.

Carl Schreiber:
About 2/3 years ago I saw in a tv-interview in a scientific institute (in the back on a desk) an old Atari 1040. :D
I think it was once made for a special task and still fulfils its requirements - so why not. I think any nowadays ransomeware will resign.
Atari 1040 was great. When was this? 30 years ago? I'll have the chance to put a hand on a mint Commodore 64.

twalk:
Atari 1040 was great. When was this? 30 years ago? I'll have the chance to put a hand on a mint Commodore 64.
Lol, the next post will be about TI-58.

Oh wow !! it's a 60% NO already !!!

This confirms what i was thinking all along and i hope MQ will listen to the public or i am afraid they will regret sorely.

Reason: