Automated Trading Championship 2010 - page 6

riyo:

Rosh, sorry for asking again.

In point no 3 you say that for each symbol, at any given time only one "position" can be opened. However you state in point no 4 that people can still open "order" for the same symbol as long as it not exceeded 15 lots. My question is:if this "order" ,due to it hits the stop limit it will then become a "position" right?, and will it be contradicted with your point no.3 to only allowed single position for each symbol? 

Let me try to explain. Positions in MetaTrader 5 are cumulative. Assume that you have a position by EURUSD for buying 1 Lot and you have pending order 1 lot Buy Limit by EURUSD. When this pending order triggers, your position will become 2 lots buy EURUSD.

You can not have two positions by a symbols even if you want, the terminal won't allow you anyway.

What is important - the volume of an open position by a symbols and pending orders by the same position does not exceed 15 lots.

Kurl:

Hi, To someone living kindly.

in the Rule Official  the sentence says,

・ Make a minimum of 5 non-demo trades in the first 8 months of testing (2010.01.01 - 2010.08.01) and in the 3 months of the contest

please teach me the meaning of  "non-demo trade"  without  laughing at me.

what does it mean?

Does any real money move in Championship?

As I'm not good at English, I can't  understand. 

thanks for kindness.

It means that your EA must perform at least 5 sensible trades.

No real money involved.

alexey_petrov:

It means that your EA must perform at least 5 sensible trades.

No real money involved.

Thank you for answering, in spite of your busyness.

Hi,

I have few question here:

1. Can i attached 1 EA to different currency pairs?

2. Can i still modify the setting after the championship start? Like add in new currency pairs or change the settings.

3. Will the platform control the Max position and Lot size or shall we need to control our-self? 

4. roughly when is the ATC 2010 will be start?

Thanks.

10265293:

Hi,

I have few question here:

1. Can i attached 1 EA to different currency pairs?

- you can't only 1 EA and 5 indicator attached max

2. Can i still modify the setting after the championship start? Like add in new currency pairs or change the settings.

- you can't but you can use dynamic setting/multiple setting for your EA

3. Will the platform control the Max position and Lot size or shall we need to control our-self?

- all order controlled  by EA

4. roughly when is the ATC 2010 will be start?

- early november maybe

There is quite a clear start date on the Championship site - it's October 4th, 2010.

How long it takes to get the check on "Your data have been accepted after moderator's check" check box?

Then I will get the login number? or I need submit the files before get the login?

Rosh:
To clarify some of the questions that have arisen recently from a number of users, I will explain some of the following examples:
  1. There can be no more than 3 (pending) orders at the same time for all Symbols. An Order is a request to open a position (whether it is done now or in the near future), the number of orders can be obtained through the function OrdersTotal().
  2. The volume of the (pending) order cannot exceed 5 lots.
  3. It is important that we do not mix up an order with an open position. A position is the result of an executed Buy or Sell of a Symbol. For each Symbol, at any given time, only one position can be opened – whether it is to buy or to sell. There are no limitations on the number of open positions, but since the rules of the ATC 2010 only allow trading 12 instruments (Symbols), only 12 positions can be opened at any given time during the Championship. This is a natural limitation, enforced by the market environment. The number of open positions can be obtained through the function PositionsTotal().
  4. For each instrument (Symbol) the total volume of the (open) position and (pending) orders cannot exceed 15 lots, regardless of the direction of the position or the type of order. Let's use the EURUSD currency pair to analyze some possible examples. For example if we have an open position for 15 lots, then we cannot have any pending orders for this Symbol. However, the placed Stop Loss and Take Profit are not considered pending orders. The results:
    • For a EURUSD we can have a position with 5 lots, and two orders, each with a volume of 5 lots (for example one Buy Stop and one Sell Stop order)
    • Or we can have a position with 10 lots, and only one order with a 5 lot volume
    • Or we can have a position with 10 lots, and up to 3 orders, with a total volume not exceeding 5 lots. Volume of position + total volume of orders <= 15 lots.
  5. The presence of a position for a Symbol can be checked using the function PositionSelect(), the volume of the specified position can be obtained through the function PositionGetDouble()  
  6. We can find out the volume of a pending order through the function  OrderGetDouble()

request.volume = MathsMax(15,lots) ;

kelly:

request.volume = MathsMax(15,lots) ;

More correctly

request.volume = MathsMin(15-pendingOrdersVolume_OnThisSymbol,lots) ;

Rosh:

More correctly

Oh!

i found out i miss understond  the regulation before

i suppose :

pending max = 15 lots

position max = 15 lots