Automated Trading Championship 2010 - page 9

tektronic:
any answer on these questions from metaquotes ?
Please read article How to Become a Participant of the Championship? It will help you.
News - Automated Trading Championship 2008
  • championship.mql5.com
News - Automated Trading Championship 2008

I ave installed ( 2 time)  MQL5 but when the programm asks for a number account  does not recongize my old number.

May someone help me in ths matter?. Mails to metaquotes are closed. TIA . 

hello, 

sorry Metaquotes, but i don't understand your strategy in this case, you want to promote mql5 and the ability of multicurrency ea's with this contest, and in a second step you limit the total amount of pending orders on the total of 3??

as far i have understand the rules, there are 12 symbols so why not limiting the pending on 2 or 3 per symbol?

i have a breakoutstrategy which requires 2 pending orders per symbol. so following your rules i am not able to let the EA run on more than one currency. please explain that.

also if i understand the rules (english is not my native language) the requotes, latency will be random. is there guaranteed that if 2 or more EA's trade at the same tick, they have the same latency's and they get requoted all or nobody?

Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Trade Constants / Order Properties
  • www.mql5.com
Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Trade Constants / Order Properties - Documentation on MQL5

Hello, 

I have a question about using Custom Indicatrors at the Championship.

Can I use some Custom Indicators in the "/MQL5/Indicators/Examples" folder. 

like the following line 

iCustom(_Symbol,_Period,"Examples\ZigZag",ExtDepth,ExtDeviation,ExtBackstep)

Step on New Rails: Custom Indicators in MQL5
  • Андрей
  • www.mql5.com
I will not list all of the new possibilities and features of the new terminal and language. They are numerous, and some novelties are worth the discussion in a separate article. Also there is no code here, written with object-oriented programming, it is a too serous topic to be simply mentioned in a context as additional advantages for developers. In this article we will consider the indicators, their structure, drawing, types and their programming details, as compared to MQL4. I hope that this article will be useful both for beginners and experienced developers, maybe some of them will find something new.

Hi, 

I have few questions regarding the Championship Rule. The rule number IV.4. says "The minimum trading amount is 0.1 lots, and the maximum is 5 lots, with an increase by 0.1 lot on every order.".

My questions are:

1. Does the trading amount must be increased by 0.1 lot from the previous order?

2. Does my EA must include a function to increase by 0.1 on every order? Or does the demo program will increase my trading amount automatically?

3. Can I increase by more than 0.1 lot on every order? (e.g: 0.5 lot up to 5 lot)

4. What will happen if my trading amount is less than previous order?

Thanks in advance for your answer.

y2s_me:

1. Does the trading amount must be increased by 0.1 lot from the previous order?

No, you don't have. I means, that minimal  fraction for volume is 0.1 lot. For example, correct volumes are - 3.1, 2.0, 0.1, 4.9. But incorrect are these - 0.099, 2.15, 3.99 etc.

y2s_me:

2. Does my EA must include a function to increase by 0.1 on every order? Or does the demo program will increase my trading amount automatically?

You can specify any volume in any sequence, but see my previous post about minimal fraction.

Only your expert can set volume for every order, we are not going to interfere in your program.

y2s_me:

3. Can I increase by more than 0.1 lot on every order? (e.g: 0.5 lot up to 5 lot)

Yes, you can if you have enough money. But maximal volume for every position can not exceed 15 lots.
Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Symbol Properties
  • www.mql5.com
Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Symbol Properties - Documentation on MQL5

y2s_me:

4. What will happen if my trading amount is less than previous order?

Nothing, if order volume more (or equal) than 0.1 lot and less (or equal) than 5.0 lots. But see my answer on first question.

Hi Rosh, the rule III.7. say: never use scalping: if the profits of 25% of trades, made by the end of the contest, are detected to range within the spread, the Participant will be disqualified

If all profit less than the spread but all the positions keep over 60 minutes, are they deemed to scalping? Thanks

Reason: