Mql5 code idea of indicators for beginners? - page 3

Gerard Willia G J B M Dinh Sy #:
Would you allow me to post other code for beginners in codebase, one for each native function of Mql5?
Can you please write an article or tutorial on copytrading? 

Fernando Carreiro #:

No one is preventing you from making CodeBase publications. I did however, suggest that you consider publishing something else with more "substance" and value, instead of just "code wrappers".

Thank you for your prompt response.

I am happy to learn that nothing is stopping me from adding my codes to codebase and that I therefore do not risk sanctions

I would therefore put in codebase a code per native Mql5 function to give a code in addition to the code that can be found with the native function

Thank you also for your suggestions.

I sincerely think that they will be very useful for many people of all levels.

As I said, these codes are basically my tools to be able to test many things quickly

A very nice day

Chioma Obunadike #:
Can you please write an article or tutorial on copytrading? 

Hello and thank you for your suggestion.

I don't think I'll write an article, because it's a lot of work for not much.

thanks again

Beautiful day

I heard your words Fernando Carreiro.

I'm going to redo the codes for the native functions which are "a little complicated" for the youngest and leave the simplest ones for last.

"the most complicated" those which have a slightly long signature and/or several buffers.

It would give this

Functions
Number of parameters

Number of buffers

Number of plots

iEnvelopes 7 2 2
iChaikin 6 1 1
iOsMA 6 1 1
iStdDev 6 1 1
iVIDyA 6 1 1
iDEMA 5 1 1
iForce 5 1 1
iFrAMA 5 1 1
iTEMA 5 1 1
iCCI 4 1 1
iMFI 4 1 1
iSAR 4 1 1
iTriX 4 1 1
iRVI 3 2 2
iBWMFI 3 2 1
iVolumes 3 2 1
iDeMarker 3 1 1
iWPR 3 1 1
iBearsPower 3 1 1
iBullsPower 3 1 1
iFractals 2 2 2

It suits you ?

Gerard Willia G J B M Dinh Sy #: I heard your words Fernando Carreiro. I'm going to redo the codes for the native functions which are "a little complicated" for the youngest and leave the simplest ones for last.

"the most complicated" those which have a slightly long signature and/or several buffers. It would give this ...

It suits you ?

It seems you did not understand my words. It is not about the "complicated". It is about not simply "wrapping" existing indicator functions and adding no value. If your aim was to show "newbies" how to embed indicator functions in other indicators, then you have already demonstrated that in your multiple examples. There is no need for more.

Instead consider the next step in the evolution of an indicator construction for a novice coder. Lets take for example, a Keltner Channel, which would require using both a moving average and the average true range. For this example, you would need to use the functions iMA and iATR, and use them together to form the Keltner Channel. In this way, you would be showing the "newbie" coder, not only how to use the native "iFunctions", but also how to combine them and build something more complex and useful.

This is what I meant by adding "value" to your publications. Don't simply take a single "iFunction" and "wrap" it to produce yet again the same indicator. That does not teach anything nor add value. Instead, "build" on it and let it evolve.

EDIT: Also consider, trying to introduce indicators that are not so well known or not previously published in the CodeBase. Create things that are less known and unpublished. That in itself adds value.

More tick based experiments would be cool.

Someone presented me with a stochastic oscillator based on ticks made for MT4 and requested me to make an MT5 version. I had tried to make an MT5 version with the same code layout, but could not get it working whatsoever! 

The bulk of the calculations were made on the MT4 start() method. I ended up making a tick stochastic my own way with a nested for loop in OnCalculate that calculates the newest ticks at the latest bar (rates_total - 1), and pushes them back in time... still don't even know if I have it working ideally, but it looks like I do have something working at last.

Fernando Carreiro #:
Instead consider the next step in the evolution of an indicator construction for a novice coder. Lets take for example, a Keltner Channel

Hello again

So it's folded.

I would no longer code around native functions.

It's not that it takes me a lot of time.

20 minutes to do the code.

Almost 30 to put it online with the images and everything else,

but if it’s to get angry, I’ll stop.

As moderator you have too much power for me to stand up to you.

I will continue to create my codes because they are also a basis for work for me and I will put the codes elsewhere and give the links in a private message.

I am therefore going to stop making these codes for the codebase, unless someone asks for one expressly.

I vaguely thought about your offer to make indicators not present in native functions, and less represented in the codebase like Keltner bands

The answer is no" !!!

Training people in codes who want to understand codes is one thing

Providing tools for free to people who have no business coding is another.

Gerard Willia G J B M Dinh Sy #:

Hello again

So it's folded.

I would no longer code around native functions.

It's not that it takes me a lot of time.

20 minutes to do the code.

Almost 30 to put it online with the images and everything else,

but if it’s to get angry, I’ll stop.

As moderator you have too much power for me to stand up to you.

I will continue to create my codes because they are also a basis for work for me and I will put the codes elsewhere and give the links in a private message.

I am therefore going to stop making these codes for the codebase, unless someone asks for one expressly.

I vaguely thought about your offer to make indicators not present in native functions, and less represented in the codebase like Keltner bands

The answer is no" !!!

Training people in codes who want to understand codes is one thing

Providing tools for free to people who have no business coding is another.

Will you please stop with the "angry" and "power" nonsense?

All I did was air my concerns and give you some suggestions. At no time did I push any kind of "authority" over you.

You have let yourself be fooled by others telling you I am some kind of "vindictive moderator" out to stomp on you — stop playing at being some kind of "victim" when I have done nothing to you!

You are free to publish whatever you want as long as it does not violate any rules. That is all — do as you please!

Fernando Carreiro #:
Will you please stop with the "angry" and "power" nonsense?

Sorry for these terms. The automatic translator was not up to the task

Hello everyone, good morning. I'm just starting to program in MQL5, and I'd like to create a moving average indicator that appears on the chart, just as if I had added it through the MT5 platform. I'm not concerned about whether it's a simple or exponential moving average, or the specific period. What I need is for it to be displayed as if I created it within MT5. Thank you for your contributions.

Reason: