Has anyone managed to make decent money from copying trades? - page 8

Serqey Nikitin #:

It's an unrelenting craving for HELP!

It's an attempt to get a solution with no RISK... And if there is no RISK, it will be something else, but not the financial markets...

I disagree. If there are open positions, the subscriber will hit exactly the same amount as the signal provider if the account goes down. So, the risk is not going anywhere.
In this case, the Subscriber will not pay anything if there is no real profit. No one loses anything, except for a free thirty or fifty dollars which the Signals Provider has now. It is free because it is not withdrawn if the month is closed with a negative profit or even a loss.

Vasyl Temchenko #:

I disagree. If there are open positions, the subscriber will end up with exactly the same amount of money as the signal provider if the account goes under. So the risk is not going anywhere.

You misunderstand the situation.

Low-risk EAs do not allow losing an account... And it makes no sense to consider standard one-time fakes as signals...

What does the Subscriber want someone can articulate clearly?
Analyzing the stats I couldn't fully understand it.
Here are, for example, some MT5 signals (not mine):

Price
Growth%
Subscribers
Weeks
PF
Drawdown %
10 MultiWay 30 86 83 56 2.89 16
12 FX Test 30 363 0 81 1.33 20
13 Gggman 30 368 0 138 1.94 25
16 CloudCover 40 447 13 15 8.63 42
Some preferences are visible (high growth dynamics with quite high PF), but why the second and third signals have zero subscribers is unclear. If you look at the table further, you can easily find signals with much worse parameters but with subscribers. Some look just plain creepy.

Торговые сигналы для MetaTrader 5
Торговые сигналы для MetaTrader 5
  • www.mql5.com
Витрина успешных торговых стратегий с автоматическим копированием сделок

Vasyl Temchenko #:
What does the Subscriber want someone can articulate clearly?
Analyzing the stats I couldn't fully understand it.
Here are, for example, some MT5 signals (not mine):

Price
Growth%
Subscribers
Weeks
PF
Drawdown %
10 MultiWay 30 86 83 56 2.89 16
12 FX Test 30 363 0 81 1.33 20
13 Gggman 30 368 0 138 1.94 25
16 CloudCover 40 447 13 15 8.63 42
Some preferences are visible (high growth rate at sufficiently high PF), but why there are no subscribers on the second and third signals is unclear. If you view the table further, you can easily find signals with much worse parameters, but with subscripts. Some look just creepy.

Advertising and promotion.

Most subscribers do not spend much time analysing the parameters of all signals

Dmytryi Nazarchuk #:

Advertising and promotion.

Most subscribers don't spend much time analysing the parameters of all the signals

I agree with you. I get the impression that they do not even look at the rating table - they subscribe to whatever was given to them one way or another.
And the fact that there are no subscribers for unlimited number of signals, it is probably because the table shows the total number of subscribers who have ever subscribed for at least one month to this signal.

Yesterday, the first subscriber dropped unexpectedly and early. I was expecting to start subscribing somewhere closer to a year into the life of the accounts.
Who he is and where he's from I have no idea. But he's competent. He did not fell for top accounts with the double growth and signed up for the 531st place. But this account has 16 slippage, equal balance/equity , PF=17+ and deposit is almost equal to his account.
If looking through the Signals statistics I was not quite clear on what the subscriber wants, in this case, all is clear and logical. The guy is obviously not stupid and has made the right choice.
I wouldn't like his first subscription month to be his last one too. It may well be - his deposit is still smaller than mine. Besides, at the time of subscription there were many open trades on the account, it is difficult to fit into such a situation.
I would have given him advice and helped him in any way I could. But alas - complete incognito, no communication. What a pity. What is good - his copying did not start with a loss - on the first day the client made almost 2%.

To the question of why there are few subscribers, even on signals with good profitability.
The maths here is simple. Let's take a signal with 100% monthly profit and a signal cost of $30. Subscriber will not gain profit at a $30 deposit since all the profit is spent on subscription. If the Subscriber's deposit is less, he will lose the profit (despite the signal being profitable). Subscriber has 50% profit after the deposit of $60. To make the Subscriber's profit close to the signal's one, the deposit should strive to reach zero. At present, it is difficult for the Subscriber to trust the signal the initial deposit of which is less than the Subscriber's one and is already withdrawn.
Subscription to the signal is comparable to the rent of a well-promoted semi-automatic Expert Advisor that needs periodical upgrading to a full automatic mode (because no intervention is required from the Subscriber).

Vasyl Temchenko #:
Yesterday the first subscriber dropped unexpectedly and prematurely. I was expecting to start subscribing somewhere closer to a year of account life.
I have no idea who he is or where he is from. But he's competent. He did not fell for top accounts with the double growth and signed up for the 531st place. But this account has 16 slippage, equal balance/equity , PF=17+ and deposit is almost equal to his account deposit.
If looking through the Signals statistics I was not quite clear on what the subscriber wants, in this case, all is clear and logical. The guy is obviously not stupid and has made the right choice.
I wouldn't like his first subscription month to be his last one too. It may well be - his deposit is still smaller than mine. Besides, at the time of subscription there were many open trades on the account, it is difficult to fit into such a situation.
I would have given him advice and helped him in any way I could. But alas - complete incognito, no communication. What a pity. What is good - his copying did not start with a loss - on the first day the client made almost 2%.

I doubt the subscriber's adequacy, trades hang for several days, which means that the stop is almost bottomless, + open positions from Friday to the next week are carried over. The usual risky overcomer, it's a matter of time, for months he may be scraping the crumbs and on Monday a total loss.

I agree Monday can be 50/50 up and down, but tp is short and stop is not.

Fast235 #:

I doubt the subscriber's adequacy, trades hang for several days, which means that the stop is almost bottomless, + open positions from Friday to the next week are carried over. He is just a risky overbetweener who has been sitting for a long time and may be flat broke on Monday.

Of course, he is obviously advertising his signals. But you are wrong.

The phrase "long sitter" is not appropriate here. If you are a scalper, of course,

then I get it. But otherwise....

After all, you know yourself that there's intraday trading, medium term and so on.

And if at the beginning of a deal it does not go in your direction, it does not mean that

you are an overcomer.

Aleksandr Yakovlev #:

There's obviously advertising for his signals on his part. But you're wrong.

This is not the place to say "over-survivor". Unless, of course, you're a scalper,

Then I get it. But otherwise....

After all, you know yourself that there's intraday trading, medium term and so on.

And if at the beginning of a deal it does not go in your direction, it does not mean that

you're an overcomer.

there's no mid-term, just overbetweening with the aim of breaking even, tp intraday, and trades are hovering by the week, and through the weekend.

+There's also the averaging, needless to say what it ends up with, an accumulation of losses, or a total loss on a force majeure. The only way to avoid this, accurate stops or closing at the end of the day regardless of the result.

And the author's priority is a perfect take-off trajectory.

Reason: