Trailing TP - page 4

Volodymyr Zubov #:

This is the algorithm, if the market is not ours, it has the ability to recover and close a small loss or take profit with less probability.

An algorithm built on guessing a number that is determined to be the main one...? It's a lottery!

Serqey Nikitin #:
An algorithm based on guessing a number that is determined to be the main one...? It's a lottery!

And to go to a stop and then when it goes off and say "I wish I had +6pp more" is how?

Please stay on topic.

fxsaber #:

The practice is not to trailing TP, but to close ONLY on TP. Consequently, loss-making positions are also closed at TP.

Let's wait for the loss.

It works for scalping. My daughter used to trade in this way.

Volodymyr Zubov #:

But to go to a stop and then when it goes off and say: I wish it was +6pp more?

A stop should be justified. Then there won't be any pips.

Алексей Тарабанов #:

Sitting tight for a loss?

1. Open BUY position.
  2. Re/expose SellLimit at any place by the BUY position volume.
  3. As soon as SellLimit is triggered (generates SELL position), you close BUY position from step 1 and SELL position from step 3 using CloseBy mechanism.
Points 2-3 are a full analogy to closing a position by TP. As you can see, SellLimit has nothing to do with BUY position apart from coinciding volume. Where it should be placed or re-positioned, it remains there. And the logic of its setting has nothing to do with the BUY-positions.

fxsaber #:

1. An open BUY position.
  2. Re/set SellLimit anywhere by the BUY position volume.
  3. As soon as SellLimit is triggered (generates SELL position), you close BUY position from step 1 and SELL position from step 3 using CloseBy mechanism.
Points 2-3 are a full analogy to closing a position by TP. As you can see, SellLimit has nothing to do with BUY position apart from coinciding volume. Where it should be placed or re-positioned, it remains there. And its setting logic has nothing to do with the BUY-positions.

Everything is different here. I bought something, but the price has gone down. TP was 30 pts. This is how we maintain the TP. Upwards we crawl - do not change it, sell when the TP is reached, downwards we follow the price. This is bullshit.

JRandomTrader #:

It's a matter of who's smart enough to do it.

I only have it on SL, dynamic, non-linear.

In general, YES, you can make up all sorts of things... But the main thing is to make up things linked to the PRICE, not to an abstract figure (SL or TA), contrived in fantasy...

Serqey Nikitin #:
In general, YES, you can make up all sorts of things... But the main thing is to make up things linked to the PRICE and not to an abstract figure (SL or TP), contrived in fantasy...
What do you mean tied to price. I put TR-50 SL-50. Are they tied to price?

Vladimir Baskakov #:
What do you mean tied to the price. I put the TR-50 SL-50. Are they price-linked?
Yes, you dreamed that the number 50 is the optimum figure for trading in the market... What will you dream about tomorrow...?
Reason: