Trailing TP - page 2

fxsaber #:

The practice is not to trailing TP, but to close ONLY on TP. Consequently, TP is also used to close unprofitable positions.

I do not understand.
How can a losing position be closed on TP if we have not touched it after setting it?

Well, my understanding is that if the position has gone into significant negative territory, then its take may also be in the negative zone.

Sergey Gridnev #:
I don't get it.
How can a losing position close on TP if we haven't touched it after setting it up?

It is modifiable. A primitive TP trawl is too strong a limitation on the capabilities of the TS.

BUY_TP > Bid
SELL_TP < Ask

These two conditions for TP correctness have nothing to do with the opening price of a position.

fxsaber #:

Modifiable. A primitive TP trawl is too much of a limitation on TC's capabilities.

I agree, and the trawl is a simple way of doing things without much logic to feel the topic.

Aleksei Stepanenko #:
So I guess if we got a significant loss in position, its take may also be in minus zone.
Well, this is a bit different than what I outlined in the thread.
I'm still interested in primitive trailing. Roughly speaking: we open with TP and SL (or even without SL) and when the price moves against the opening we pull up TP.

Yes, yes, I get it. It's an interesting topic.

Aleksei Stepanenko #:
Yes, yes I get it. It's an interesting topic.

Two obvious rules:

1. Trawl SL for breakout TCs.
  2. Trawl TP for return TCs.
These are probably the basics of the initial TC classification.

fxsaber #:
Trawl TP for returnable TS.

Now that's interesting.
And given that currency movements are of a recursive nature....

I tried several variants of sliding TP about 6-7 years ago, including limited position builds instead of SL. I don't know about FOREX, but I didn't like it on FORTS and gave up.

Now I have almost all trading robots without TP at all, only with dynamic and often non-linear SL.

I've been working in the Forex market for a long time now, and I've got a good feeling about it. But there are still a lot of untried ideas.

fxsaber #:

Two obvious rules:

1. Trawl SL for breakout TCs.
  2. Trawl TP for return TCs.
This is probably the basics of the original TS classification.

Yes I agree, I wish we could reconcile the market with this classification :)

Reason: