Random wandering - page 38

Technical dervish #:

does the oil market really have a memory? the oil roadmap in the picture... it's amazing how well prices follow the roadmap...

the calculation uses average close-prevclose differences for each day of the month( calendar date is not used) and then summed up on a cumulative basis. 24 month dataset...

This is oil, colleague, other indicators are calculated there, production schedules, shipment schedules, consumption by economies and other economic matters.

Uladzimir Izerski #:

... The straight line zero on the x-axis will remain zero. The graph will randomly make its revolutions around the x-axis...

What I can't figure out is... WHAT allows one to put ZERO at some point on the graph and be sure that the line will make its revolutions around the axis...

Because obviously the process knows nothing about "setting zero"...nor about the position of the x-axis.

Each new point on the graph will be one higher or lower than the previous one with the same probability as all the other points - 50/50,... and from this it follows absolutely unambiguously that the process with equal probability can 'draw' any line... ANY LINE... And none of the possible lines has an advantage over the others (otherwise - the process is not random).

Or is it not?...

onceagain #:

What I can't figure out is... WHAT allows a person to put ZERO at some point on the graph and be sure that the line will make revolutions around the axis...

Because obviously the process knows nothing about "setting zero"... nor about the position of the x-axis.

Each new point on the graph will be one higher or lower than the previous one with the same probability as all the other points - 50/50,... and it follows absolutely unambiguously that the process can "draw" any line with equal probability... ANY LINE... And none of the possible lines has an advantage over the others (otherwise - the process is not random).

Or is it not...?

No it isn't. Zero is put before the first throw and zero is put after the last and a straight line is drawn.

I have yet to see so many misunderstood coin players in one place).

Already explained on the fingers and charts laid out.

And in general, what is incomprehensible here.))) Even I understand it.)

Uladzimir Izerski #:

No it isn't. A zero is placed before the first toss and a zero after the last and a straight line is drawn.

I have never seen so many misunderstood coin-players in one place.)

Already explained on the fingers and charts posted.

And in general, what is incomprehensible here.))) Even I understand it.)

And if before this first flip the coin was lying in the pocket, and there shaking and flipping? How would it know which flip someone there decided to count first?

Tell me, what are you drinking? I don't think it's just alcohol.

Dmitry Fedoseev #:

What if, before that first flip, the coin was in her pocket and there it was shaking and flipping? How would she know which flip someone there decided to count first?

Apparently it all depends on the observer, quantum duality. There's no experiment and no reference point. Tomorrow I'll try to write a guessing program and I'll post the results.

Dmitry Fedoseev #:

What if, before that first flip, the coin was in her pocket and there it was shaking and flipping? How would she know which flip someone there decided to count first?

I think you can get away with alcohol.

Andrei Khlebnikov #:

Apparently everything depends on the observer, quantum dualism. So far there is no experiment and no reference. Tomorrow I will try to write a guessing program and I will post the results.

This is the paradox of SB's prediction apologists - they have not yet bothered to conduct an experiment, but claim.

I see that my dear physicists and mathematicians from science have lost their minds and stopped understanding simple things.)

For the last time I will explain. Those who don't understand are as dumb as a log.

I'm an observer. I took a coin in my hand. I put 0 on the coordinate axis, where X is the number of throws, Y is the deviation in the series of throws.

The eagle/rare is uneven. There will be a series. Step = 1. Value may be +1 or -1.

Flip a coin. A countdown starts.

Coin is watching me or I'm watching the coin.) This is for those who have lost their minds on the background of studying quantum mechanics)

On the graph appeared +1, I throw on -1, +1, +1, +1, -1, -1, +1, etc. and then to a point close to infinity.

Finished tossing a coin.

There I put the second point also 0. The X axis has remained as zero. For junior high school students let me explain that all along the line X at any point will be 0. This is a straight line. Not a curve.))

The throws were distributed unevenly about the X-axis. Where higher the curve of the dropout on the Y-axis deviated from the X-axis where lower it did not matter. In the end the distribution of the results on both sides of the x-axis according to the Law of Large Numbers will be uniform. Or approximatelyuniform for precision.

As many falls above 0 as there are below 0. Well, this is for the youngest ones).

Use, my dearphysicists and mathematicians, a free lesson.

Someone should apologise. Come on, I forgive the schoolboys.) Maybe they'll offer another 50,000)))) It would be a shame to refuse.

Uladzimir Izerski be uniform. Or approximatelyuniform for precision.

As many falls above 0 as there are below 0. Well, this is for the youngest ones).

Someone should apologise. Come on, I forgive the schoolboys.) Maybe they'll offer another 50,000)))) It would be a shame to refuse.

Well, not everyone studied probability theory.) I'll post an experiment today for the non-believers.

Uladzimir Izerski be uniform. Or approximatelyuniform for precision.

I'm sorry, how could you end up flipping a coin if you have to make an infinite number of flips?

And no one here is into quantum physics, but remarkably, quantum physics is explained using a simple example of just flipping a coin.

Reason: