HOW TO TRADE FOR NOTHING ? - page 6

Andrei01:
Usually inflections of functions are investigated by derivatives... Your method will give a lot of erroneous inputs and outputs due to minor inflections.

If you work with analog signal (analytical function) then yes you can find the inflection points by taking the derivative, and if the function has "minor" inflections, you will find them all. and according to your criterion the input-output at each inflection will have the same number of "erroneous" inputs

Working with discrete signals, if the sampling period is very long, you can simply skip the kinks.

If you follow the Kotelnikov theorem when digitizing, i.e. the sampling rate is 2 times higher (5-6 times better for practice), you will find all these inflection points, none of them will be missed. The method for finding the inflection is exactly as I wrote, for a discrete signal.

Richie:

This is probably the most original solution, but highly simplified, working according to the rule: if the trend has started, it will continue, although in fact it is not even an average, but just the price.

Here is one more original solution for beginners of course, try to think mathematically about what is going on in the chart. The beginning of the black arrow is a buy, the end is a sell.

A professional trader never buys at what most people would consider a low.

The professional trader does not try to take all of the price change.

The professional trader always waits for the confirmation of the signal.

there's a kind of a trend break here.... but it won't work in the market.... you have to pick the peak from the beginning ! and how will you pick it ? how will you know that the price won't go higher ? ))))))) there is no 0 for reference... even if you squeeze the price... it's not certain that it won't go to the 2nd or 3rd divergence... as we are seeing with the euro now... everyone has already sold it...and it could easily peak on monday in america........

Richie:

A professional trader never buys at what seems to most people to be the minimum.

The professional trader does not seek to take the entire price change.

A professional trader always waits for a signal to be confirmed.

Excuse me...but where did you get this nonsense anyway?.))))))) Is he (the trader) a visionary ? to know where most people think the minimum is ? etc......

all who are on this or other forums together do not influence the market... even if they go in one direction ..... (this is about playing against the crowd ))))))))))

Prival:

If you work with an analog signal (analytical function), then yes you can find the inflection points by taking the derivative, and if the function has "minor" inflections, then you will find them all. and according to your criterion the input-output at each inflection will have the same number of "erroneous" inputs

Well, what do you think about finding extremes of a function, also through derivatives. Wouldn't that eliminate small inflections since the function is fully known analytically?

Richie:

Vizard, I understand. But there is an even more ingenious solution, which always works. I won't cite it, because I had to think about it a lot. Let me give you a hint:

1. Probably exactly what seems improbable to most people.

2. No professional trader's trades can all be positive.

on 2 of course... on 1 - there should always be an explanation - if you can't find one - or can't find one - you'd better not enter.... or else it's just coffee grounds guessing.....

how do you know what seems improbable to most people? ...you wouldn't know it even if you wanted to....

why do most people need to know where the guys with wallets go...more use....

Richie:

1. Probably exactly what seems improbable to most people.

A counter-trend strategy with a martin?

Richie:

Not being influenced by the crowd is my speciality and life credo.

there are a lot of people here with this credo... including me...... but the question remains - how do you know what the crowd thinks ????????? you don't even know who the crowd is made up of .... or just by looking at the price and saying to yourself - it's a bend and the crowd thinks it's going down...but i'm the smartest one - i'll go up..... right? ))))))

Richie:

Not being influenced by the crowd is my speciality and life credo.

Which crowd, the right or the left? Upper or lower? The far side or the near side? Maybe it's time to go to the woods, away from the crowd. Dig yourself a hole, you'll have a good life.

gip:

Which crowd, the right or the left? Upper or lower? The far side or the near side? Maybe it's time to go into the woods, away from the crowd.

That's what I'm saying... If I knew where and who that mob was... ...I'd love to stay out of its influence too )))))))))
Reason: