Looking for patterns - page 150

Aleksei Stepanenko:
Wait, Sergey, it's too early to jump, wait!

I'm not jumping ))))))))

Only there's no pattern here ))))

Or am I missing something?

It's a joke, I wrote an explanation above.

If you look at it head-on, there are no patterns anywhere. They have all already been recycled by the market, so you have to look at all the little things to discern statistically recurring things there. Of course, they won't directly tell you Buy or Sell, but if, say, price ends the day at a round level 65% of the time, that's already useful information. No?

Aleksei Stepanenko:
If you look at it head-on, there is no pattern anywhere. They are all already recycled by the market, so you have to look into all the little things to discern statistically recurring things there. Of course, they won't directly tell you Buy or Sell, but if, say, price ends the day at a round level 65% of the time, that's already useful information. No?
If you find something frequent enough to seem like a pattern, you need to make a robot that exploits it.

And let it go into the real world as long as it works.

It is unlikely that you have discovered a fundamental pattern, meaning that your particular case will work shallowly in history, and for some time yet. You have to do it in time.
Then the market will change and the robot will be written off.

Maxim Kuznetsov:

Then the market will change and the robot will be written off.

What do you mean the market will change?

I've been reading the whole thread in bits and pieces.

You guys are making such a big deal out of this. Nah, I don't mind if it's profitable but....)))

And that last statement "the market will change" ))) I can't believe it))))

First, understand what the market is. And then talk about its variability)))))

There is always a pattern in the market. It was, is and will be.

Only the volatility of price movements can change.

But the very essence (pattern) of price movement will remain the same.

Aleksandr Yakovlev:
"the market will change" ))) LOL))))

Character, I think you mean amplitude and frequency. Well, yes, they change all the time.

Alexander, on the subject of intermittency, here in this thread everyone who enters tells their own patterns. Welcome...

What do you see?

Aleksei Stepanenko:

Character, I think you mean amplitude and frequency. Well, yes, they change all the time.

Alexander, on the subject of intermittency, here in this thread everyone who enters tells their own patterns. Welcome...

What do you see?

It is impossible for a blind person to explain what the sky with clouds looks like.

And in principle, neither can anything else.

This is a very strange answer. What are you saying that for?

Aleksei Stepanenko:
That's a very strange answer. What are you saying that for?

All right, let me ask you a question and you answer it.

What is the market?

Not from wikipedia, but how you understand it in general

Reason: