On the unequal probability of a price move up or down - page 147

It feels like they've already started sharing how and where, how much and why...

In other words, it's time to scuttle the topic...

Сергей Таболин:

In other words - time to scuttle the topic...

Sergei, everything seems to be on topic. Well, with minor deviations of course, it's more varied

khorosh:

Who thinks that Fibo is a useless tool, take a look at this picture.

Could it just be a coincidence?

Now the 8th trick will be over and then it will go faster.
Just the situation, when the EUR is down and the GBP is even catching up, but different lots do not allow to compensate for the minus.
In principle it is the most interesting.

Wizard2018:

This is the logic of the market.

light running in the footsteps)

Aleksei Stepanenko:

Yes I remember this picture.

Some doubt has arisen: At point 2 it is likely that the price of one of the pairs has travelled a sufficient distance without a pullback. And one could have made the same decision on that one pair. Isn't it?

This isfor System #1 and #2

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

About Unequal Probability of Price Increase or Decrease

Vitaly Muzichenko, 2020.01.21 15:02

I will describe the elements of convergence/divergence in details:

1We look at XXX/YYYandXXX/ZZZ, have found the divergence

Once we've found it, we look atYYY/YY/ZZZwhere it is located, i.e. levels of Under/Out. If it continues, then we average.

We look at XXX/YYYandZZZ/PPP, we find the spread - enter on the pair that in our opinion is more inclined to convergence, if the price goes against us - we made a wrong choice, we hedge with the second selected pair, wait for a gain of 3-5 points and close.

We select pairs that are approximately mirror images, but they do not contain the same currency.If the spread continues, we average the leg that took the lead. 3.

WatchXXX/YYYandZZZ/PPP, wefind the spread - enter both pairs simultaneously and wait for profit.

This method is less preferable, as profit grows more slowly due to the fact that one of the legs gives minus.

In practice I most often use Variant 2. The good thing about it is that you usually make profit much faster than in case of Variant 3

Variant 1 is considered earlier and the screenshots with entry and exit are attached, but NO hedging is used there.

P.S. And earlier posted a screenshot, as system #1 entered the gap, but the gap continued, there was only 3 averages and exit with a profit. But if I had not entered the gap, I would still be in a drawdown.

The EURGBP cross has risen noticeably. But it is not the cross that we are focusing on. The rise is less noticeable here. It's still down. About 300. Waiting, the plan to close in the plus before the announcement of the Focus 9 is relevant.

khorosh:

Who thinks that fibo is a useless tool, take a look at this picture.

Some mysterious levels: 21, 34, 55, 89. Could this be the clue? Or is this the grail that everyone here is fighting for?

b2v:
Now the 8th trick will be over and then it will go faster.
Just the situation, when the EUR is down and the GBP is even catching up, but different lots do not allow to compensate for the minus.
In principle it is the most interesting.
Yes, and I have shifted stops a couple of times, given the shift. Just to be within a couple of hundred piers of current levels.

Grigori.S.B:

Some mysterious levels: 21, 34, 55, 89. Could this be the clue? Or is this the grail for which everyone here is fighting so hard?

The Fibonacci numbers(sometimes spelledFibonacci[2]) are elements of a numerical sequence

0, 1, 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21, 34, 55, 89, 144, 233, 377, 610, 987, 1597, 2584, 4181, 6765, 10946, 17711, ... (sequenceA000045 inOEIS),

Elements of a numerical sequence in which the first two numbers are 1 and 1, or 0 and 1, and each subsequent number is a sum of the previous two numbers[3]. Named after the medieval mathematician Leonardo of Pisa (known asFibonacci)[4].

Reason: