Select a symbol in the settings - page 5

Михаил:

Good conversationalist))) And you're judging me))

Your way... the numbers are a far cry from couples. It's inconvenient. And it's good if there are only a few pairs, but if you need all pairs?! And by the way, are you sure you don't need it?

Yes, you can find out how many pairs there are in the window and discard the extra values supplied by the tester... But it's already runs thrown down the pipe, i.e. less useful optimization options.

Plus, during optimization, you don't know on which pair the process is running. You need to open a window and count, count and count! You will not get bogged down?

In my case - just copy-paste, once for the broker and that's it...

Are you criticizing me?!

Either copypaste once and work freely in the future, or constantly count numbers in the market overview window... This is some kind of workaholism, on the flat ))))

Oh, hurt, I'm not perfect either, even worse than you, calm down))

I admit I was mistaken, your version is normal, especially what Andrew wrote. I also need it, that's why the theme and looked. you got in the end what you wanted?

I don't understand - is it really impossible to get a list of symbols from the review in the tester? Apparently that was the essence of the problem, which I missed.

I remember, you can get the entire list of symbols, and thus for each filter create for this symbol an object of class EA, for example, all of them in the list and run the entire list in OnTick. Apparently I forgot that this is not a tester, sorry that in the tester can not do so.

Aleksey Mavrin:

Oh, it hurt, I'm not perfect either, even worse than you, calm down))

I admit I was mistaken, your version is ok, moreover what Andrew wrote. I also need it, that's why the theme and looked. have you got in the end what you wanted?

I really don't understand - is it really impossible to get the list of symbols from the review in the tester? Apparently that was the essence of the problem, which I missed.

I remember, you can get the entire list of symbols, and thus for each filter create an object of class EA for this symbol, for example, all of them in the list and run the entire list in OnTick. Obviously, I forgot that this is not the tester, sorry you can not do that in the tester.

I have not yet reached the real trading)).

If you know how in the tester, BEFORE running the Expert Advisor to get a list of symbols to select, write the principle, or code... In the "Parameters" tab of the tester.

While working - of course there is no problem, but BEFORE start...

And this is strange - these are the basics... There are predefined periods, but there are no symbols... But let's not go a second time round))

Михаил:

The new crafts have not yet reached the real trade))

If you know how to get a list of symbols for selection in the tester, BEFORE starting the Expert Advisor, write the principle, or code... In the "Parameters" tab of the tester.

While working - of course there is no problem, but BEFORE start...

And this is strange - these are the basics... There are predefined periods, but there are no symbols... But let's not go in a second circle))

Michael, still do not understand what the catch, periods are always known, it's like constants and data types in the language, and the characters are different, so everything is OK, only work with them programmatically.

I checked in the tester - I can get the full list of symbols, it is enough for me personally for multicurrency applications. If you need to filter complete list, then either pre-prepare list

(you may use file-initial, not obligatory in enum), or programmatically filter (for example all from USD and etc.). You can setSYMBOL_PATH and SYMBOL_CATEGORY for filtering in parameters, it's much more convenient.

If you want a complete list, I prefer the option with numbering, and you don't like numbers. I set during the optimization only the number of characters and get a full enumeration of all characters, I understand you have this as a main task, right?

And if you want to specify a limited list for optimization (see above about the filters), but it does not run in the Expert Advisor. I would make an analogy, for example with the following task: I want to run all periods of MA points which are prime numbers,

or Fibonacci numbers, etc. Obviously we are dealing with an integer type, but of course the pre-prepared list of prime numbers is not initially in the language, and you must either prepare it beforehand, or set programmatically. I hope you understand

Документация по MQL5: Основы языка / Типы данных / Целые типы
Документация по MQL5: Основы языка / Типы данных / Целые типы
  • www.mql5.com
Целые типы представлены в языке MQL5 одиннадцатью видами. Некоторые из типов могут использоваться вместе с другими, если этого требует логика программы, но при этом необходимо иметь ввиду правила преобразования типов. В таблице приведены характеристики каждого типа. Кроме того, в...

Aleksey Mavrin:

...Set some limited list for optimisation (see above about filters) but BEFORE running the Expert....

Ok, I've never used phybonics, because I don't need it. Many people don't use them. Even... a lot of people think they're rubbish, just like bars... Plain numbers don't do me any good...

1- The thing about MT5 is the multicurrency. That's what the Metaquotes say... Respect their opinion!

2- There is a currency list in the terminal. It's ready, it doesn't need to be calculated or prepared somehow.

Question, why not substitute it in the standard enum? Bullshit question...

Because there is a timeframe enum. And not everyone uses it. But it is there, because it's kind of obvious, it's a necessary tool.

So multicurrency is a terminal feature - a necessary tool. But there is no ready-made denomination.

That's what I'm talking about. Your programming nonsense, about which you write, is purely a programmer's entertainment. Have fun)) Methaquotes take care of you))

Михаил:

So, phybonics have never been used, for lack of use. A lot of people don't use them. Even... a lot of people think they're bullshit, like bars... Plain numbers don't do me any good...

1- The thing about MT5 is the multicurrency. That's what the Metaquotes say... Respect their opinion!

2- There is a currency list in the terminal. It's ready, it doesn't need to be calculated or prepared somehow.

Question, why not substitute it in the standard enum? Bullshit question...

Because there is a timeframe enum. And not everyone uses it. But it is there, because it's kind of obvious, it's a necessary tool.

So multicurrency is a terminal feature - a necessary tool. But there is no ready-made denomination.

That's what I'm talking about. Your programming nonsense, about which you write, is purely a programmer's entertainment. Have fun)) Methaquotes took care of you)))

You're definitely making life difficult for yourself by not wanting to understand what you know. Fibonacci series from mathematics and Fibonacci levels are "slightly" different things, but yeah, what was I saying)) You misunderstood the example, it was about

there's no point in predicting data at language level and/or standard ENUM if the data is not known at that moment

Or let's make your wish turn into a suggestion, explain HOW MQL can have a standard enum with a list of symbols for that broker and account you are currently connected to?

If you can explain the mechanism of how to do it, I'll shake your hand! In the meantime I think you just don't understand elementary architectural stuff, apparently assembler and welding skills haven't helped you in this regard))

Aleksey Mavrin:

Well, you're definitely making life difficult for yourself by not understanding what is known. Fibonacci series in maths and Fibonacci levels are "slightly" different things, but yeah, what was I saying)) You misunderstood the example, it was about

there's no point in predicting data at language level and/or standard ENUM if the data is not known at that moment

Or let's make your wish turn into a suggestion, explain HOW MQL can have a standard enum with a list of symbols for that broker and account you are connected to at the moment?

If you can explain the mechanism of how to do it, I'll shake your hand! In the meantime I think you just don't understand basic architecture stuff, assembler and welding skills probably didn't help you in this regard))

Make your own enum. For currencies it's basically constant. Each currency has its own standard (ISO standard) and alpha and numeric codes. Currency pairs and their symbols are also standard.

You can write a script that will make an ENUM_CURRENCY_PAIR out of the symbol database and the names and codes will be the same everywhere.

Then there will be problems - currency pair and trade symbol are not the same.

For example, for kitchens that have trade symbols EURUSD.Fedor.x will not work at all and MQ will never guess their imagination :-)

Maxim Kuznetsov:

make your own such an enum. For currencies it is in principle constant. Each currency has its own standard (ISO standard) and letter and number codes. Currency pairs and their symbols are also standard.

You can write a script that will make an ENUM_CURRENCY_PAIR out of the symbol database and the names and codes will be the same everywhere.

And then there will be problems - currency pair and trade symbol are not the same thing.

For example, for kitchens with trading symbols EURUSD.Fedor.x will not fit at all and MQ will not guess their imagination :-)

Andrey offered the solution with suffixes, I offered the solution with filters, so if you look in the list of symbols that contain a currency pair specified in the enum, the problem is solved.

Михаил:

Yes, also an option, more illustrative than Alexei's. But the sets are different for brokers. There will probably be unused combinations, which will reduce efficiency of the tester...

Check in Inite and exit by INIT_FAILED

Michael:

Yes and currencies all have to be found and scored, it's harder than a one-off copypaste. Me personally)) I was thinking about this option.

Not many currencies, many combinations of them.

Aleksey Mavrin:

Checked in the tester - you can get a full list of symbols, which is enough for me personally for multi-currency applications.

Indeed,SymbolsTotal + SymbolName works in the tester! Missed this point.

I'll have to check on remote agents as well.

By the way, as long as we are talking about it (everything is already very clear with currencies :) )

If the brokers support it, then I suggest a library with updates of standard's site and other stuff, especially for Michael) Let him look for something new to grumble about))

SYMBOL_ISIN

The name of the trading symbol in the system of international securities identification codes - ISIN (International Securities Identification Number). The International Securities Identification Number is a 12-digit alphanumerical code which uniquely identifies a security. The presence of this characteristic is defined on the trade server side.

string

Reason: