Points VS Pips - page 139

TheXpert:

another one came up.

we're talking about the basic point here, which is always the same.

your "professional" opinion is exactly what was missing in this thread -- come on, the expert -- generate the opinion.

we haven't discussed the "basic point" yet -- make it a "breeze" -- get the number of pages in this thread to 300.

Andrey F. Zelinsky:

you're just blowing off? )) without even attempting to argue, you immediately slip the nickname?

it's not my opinion, it's the definition of the term.

TheXpert:

you're just blowing off right away? ))) without even trying to argue, you're just going to sling the nickname?

That's not my opinion, that's the definition of the term.

what do you mean?

you just said in this thread:

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Punk VS Pips

TheXpert, 2019.10.03 14:52

Exactly, you should have familiarised yourself with the terms before saying what to use and not to use to whom.

Go ahead and start banning for the word pips, that would be the apogee of the ludicrousness unleashed in this thread.

I.e. the only phrase coming from you was "you're all out of touch with the issue here".

If you are such a professional, then generate something sensible. And if you go around "yapping" in the style of "you all don't understand anything" (which you regularly and professionally do), then anyone can.

Andrey F. Zelinsky:

If you are such a professional, then generate something sensible - and everyone can go around "yapping" like "you all don't understand anything" (which you regularly, and professionally, do).

Compared to you, I am a professional, at least in trading and programming.

You are the one who is yapping, I provided the link to the proper definition of the term "pip" in my first post in this thread, but you do not know how to use the search.

TheXpert:

another one came out.

here we're talking about a basic point, which is always the same.

Actually, at least I am talking about Point(). It's not, shall we say, a constant and the same value from character to character.

It's a measure.

And the gurus, and you with them, are mixing Point() and pit slang for some reason. And these gurus demand to introduce the definition of Point from the pit into the documentation and remove Point from the MQL - it interferes with their worldview.

Or maybe you haven't understood what we are talking about hundred and fifty pages long? Then re-read from the first one.

TheXpert:

Compared to you, I am a professional, at least in trading and programming.

You are yapping here, my first post in this thread I gave a link to the correct definition of the term "pip", but you do not know how to use search.

There is no exact term 'pip'. There is a slang anglicism - not a term - denoting a plurality of pip.

And your supporters cannot agree on what this means - read the whole thing. Not diagonally, but thoughtfully. And you will see that every guru here has his own pip. And each stubbornly pokes references to its definition by some mega-guru. But each guru has his own mega-guru sensei. In a word - a mess. Oh, yes, sorry - a zoo.

But why do you break into their ranks - I do not understand. Do you want to partake in the mysteries of the pit?

TheXpert:

Compared to you, I'm a professional, at least in trading and programming.

of course, of course, you're a "pro" - i've told you repeatedly: "the whole field is yours".

in a mental hospital.
patient: doctor, I'm flying.
doctor: let's fly together.

Artyom Trishkin:

There is no exact term "pips".

Yeah, there is no term, but everyone uses it.)

i'm still waiting for a link to the definition of the term pip.

Artyom Trishkin:

.... Want to partake of the sacraments from the pit?

Artyom, his knowledge is no better. He's in the same 'dupes' as everyone else here. See what he said above:

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Punk VS Pips

TheXpert, 2019.10.04 10:43

another one came out.

here we are talking about the basis point, which is always the same.

-- he refers to this as "point" in the abbreviation"percentage inpoint" under the basis point

read from the link he originally provided on the definitions https://www.investopedia.com/ask/answers/032615/what-difference-between-pips-points-and-ticks.asp

Pip

A pip is actually an acronym for "percentage in point." A pip is the smallest price move that an exchange rate can make based on market convention. Most currency pairs are priced to four decimal places and the smallest change is the last (fourth) decimal point. A pip is the equivalent of 1/100 of 1 per cent or one basis point. For example, the smallest movement the USD/CAD currency pair can make is $0.0001 or one basis point.

Andrey F. Zelinsky:
Well? What's wrong?
Reason: