Creating a trading robot - page 21

aleger:

At first there will probably be (if I don't forget) a report and screen on the same pair and date - gbpusd of 16.1.2019.

What's the point ? A report from an MT4 tester can only be viewed if it meets the above conditions - work on hours and above, with an average profit and loss of at least 0.005 for the pound dollar. If the work of the Expert Advisor does not meet these conditions - it should be tested only on MT5. But working on a demo account allows you to see the real work of any expert, even on MT4, even on ticks, even on a scalper (although, if the scalper takes one or three points on a five-digit chart - for him, and demo account can be unimpressive because of non-matching with the real spread).

So a demo account is much more interesting.

Generally speaking, ticks should be handled very carefully.

If possible, you should work exclusively with the ticks of your broker, and not take them from some unknown place and then wonder why the real time is lost :))

Moreover - the TS on ticks for a certain pair with a probability of 50% will not work for the other one with the same parameters. Moreover, such a TS should not be offered for sale, in order not to be punished by an angry buyer :))

Alexander_K2:

Generally speaking, ticks should be handled very carefully.

If possible, you should work exclusively with the ticks of your broker, and not take them from some unknown place and then wonder why the real time is lost :))

Moreover - the TS on ticks for a certain pair with a probability of 50% will not work for the other one with the same parameters. And moreover such a TS should not be offered for sale, lest the angry buyer be punished :))

of course gi... :-)

there and the speeds (even of the same normal office) are different demo real and everything else...

Georgiy Merts:

What is the point ? A report from an MT4 tester can only be viewed if it meets the above conditions - work on hours and above, with an average profit and loss of at least 0.005 for the pound dollar. If the work of the Expert Advisor does not meet these conditions - it should be tested only on MT5. But working on a demo account allows you to see the real work of any expert, even on MT4, even on ticks, even on a scalper (although, if the scalper takes one or three points on a five-digit symbol - for him, and demo account can be unimpressive because of non-matching with the real spread).

So a demo account is much more interesting.

Personally for me it is more interesting to use just the MT4 tester, because it allows me to check and debug my program to the pip!

aleger:

Personally, I find the MT-4 tester more interesting, because it allows you to check and debug your programme down to the pip!

MT-5 allows no less, and even more. It allows to debug a program on real ticks, which MT4 does not allow (I wonder what you think it does not allow?).

Let me repeat - MT4 tester simulates trading well only for robots on high timeframes (not less than one hour), and with large take-stops (not less than 30% of the daily range, which for the pound dollar is at least 400 five-digit points).

If you are ever going to switch to a real trade with pipsator - I recommend to do it only after having debugged it on MT5 in mode "all ticks are based on real ones". Otherwise, the disappointment will occur not in the tester, but when trading.

Georgiy Merts:

MT-5 allows just as much, and more. It allows to debug the program on real ticks, which MT4 does not do.

Let me repeat - MT4 tester simulates trading well only for robots on high timeframes (at least one hour), and with large take-stops (at least 30% of the daily range, which for the pound dollar is at least 400 five-digit points).

If you are ever going to switch to a real trade with pipsator - I recommend to do it only after having debugged it on MT5 in mode "all ticks are based on real ones". Otherwise, the disappointment will occur not in the tester, but when trading.

I have a slightly different approach to the selection and use of currency pairs and timeframes - solely by the profitability they show

aleger:

I have a slightly different approach to choosing and using currency pairs and timeframes - solely on the returns they show

Even if that return is unrealistic ?

Cool.

Well... Waiting for a demo account. Good luck, sometimes you can get lucky with that approach too.

Georgiy Merts:

MT-5 allows just as much, and even more. It allows to debug a program on real ticks, which MT4 does not allow (I wonder what you think it does not allow?).

I repeat - MT4 tester simulates trading well only for robots on high timeframes (not less than one hour), and with large take-stops (not less than 30% of the daily range, which for the pound dollar is not less than 400 five-digit points).

There's no point in persuading until the user gets it and tries it once in MT5. I used to get it from Renat 3 years ago and he encouraged me to switch to a normal tester, but I was just as stubborn and until I tried it myself and saw the difference in results I was sitting on МТ4 Under-Tester.

Now I remember the MT4 tester like a bad dream. I am amazed that for so many years people have not come to the conclusion that it is time to scrap the MT4 tester, and they even put some unreal images from it for public display(

Vitaly Muzichenko:

I now remember the MT4 tester like a bad dream. I am amazed that for so many years people have not come to the conclusion that it is high time to scrap the MT4 tester, and at the same time they even put some unreal images from it for public display(

Well, that's exactly why it is being spread, because one can make a hell of a lot of unreal profits with this tester with small timeframes. In addition - the Internet is full of ready-made EX4-experts, but EX5 - much less. So people are thinking - why buy MT5, if MT4 - offers "the same", but the amount for opening an account on MT4 is noticeably smaller for most brokerage companies?

Moreover - I myself originally focused on MT5 solely because of OOP (which MT4 didn't have). My first complex Expert Advisor (the one that traded on daily patterns) I tested on MT4 - it was ok. When I tried it on MT5 - I saw the same thing, and was surprised when the first MT5 users said, "the tester in MT4 is bad, and MT5 is good", I didn't notice any difference... I didn't notice any difference at all, until I tried to write an Expert Advisor on pentameters... The difference was very noticeable there.

But, my MT4 was "held" by the order system. I finally gave up MT4 when I started using hedge accounts. I rewrote my entire library on cross-platform code, and since then I only work with MT5, while MT4 is maintained only because my main account is MT4, and I do not want to close it. I will keep it "till the last".

Georgiy Merts:

The reason for this is that with this tester you can make unrealistic profits with small timeframes. The advantage is that the Internet is full of ready-made EX4-experts, but there are far fewer EX5-experts. So people are thinking - why buy MT5, if MT4 - offers "the same", but the amount for opening an account on MT4 is noticeably smaller for most brokerage companies?

Moreover - I myself originally focused on MT5 solely because of OOP (which MT4 didn't have). My first complex Expert Advisor (the one that traded on daily patterns) I tested on MT4 - it was ok. When I tried it on MT5 - I saw the same thing, and was surprised when the first MT5 users said, "the tester in MT4 is bad, and MT5 is good", I didn't notice any difference... I noticed no difference, until I tried to write an Expert Advisor on pentameters... The difference was very noticeable there.

But, I "held on" to MT4 through the order system. And I completely abandoned MT4 with introduction of hedge accounts. I rewrote my entire library on cross-platform code, and since then I work only with MT5, and I support MT4 only because I have my main account with MT4 and I absolutely do not want to close it. I will keep it "till the last".

Well, that's how it should be: we're testing in MT5 and trading in MT4. The one who is testing in MT5 does not show charts with equity that tends to fly into space.

Reason: