My approach. The core is the engine. - page 144

You know, I used to think 'helper' too, and the correct word is helper.

Алексей Тарабанов:
You know, I used to think 'helper' too, and the correct word is helper.

I'm sorry, but it's not right either.

It's a pity Peter that you're hovering in that outdated and very slow MT4. Strategic mistake!
In MT5 the test is set up very differently and this theme won't fly.

Nikolai Semko:
It's a pity Peter that you're hovering in this outdated very slow MT4. Strategic mistake!
In MT5 the test is set up very differently and this theme won't fly.

I'm not the only one who got hung up on MT4. But, that's not the point. I need a weaker platform to make my program stronger. Paradox.

Реter Konow:

I'm not the only one who got hung up on MT4. But, that's not the point. I need a weaker platform to make my programme stronger. Paradox.

I don't get it... Isn't your code cross-platform?

Peter, if that's the case, it's a clear strategic mistake !

Georgiy Merts:

I don't get it... Is your code not cross-platform ???

Peter, if this is the case, it's a clear strategic mistake !

Well, absolutely cross-platform code can't be done because MT5 tester works differently.

Apparently it's not possible to apply resources there to communicate with the engine. Maybe communication via MT objects will work.

Otherwise, the code is cross-platform.

Peter, and if you logically finish, I guess, the engine in terms of the meaning of work, not in terms of speed, then there is such an idea. There are three windows: 1 - the engine, 2 - EA which is on demo or real account and 3 - a window of the same EA that is periodically opened in the strategy tester, as a parallel simulator of the EA's strategy and possibility in the engine to switch between monitor and control threads in the engine window from one EA-window to another. The engine window only, if it is set to control the EA in the tester, should have an unambiguous sign that the EA is controlled in the tester. The sign should be large and visible, so as not to confuse the EA being controlled.

Oleg Papkov:
Piotr, if you want to logically finalise the engine in terms of how it works, not in terms of speed, then here is an idea. There are three windows: 1 - the engine, 2 - EA that is on demo or real account and 3 - a window of the same EA that is periodically opened in the strategy tester, as a parallel trainer of the EA's strategy and possibility to switch the observation and control threads in the engine window from one EA-window to another. The engine window only, if it is set to control the EA in the tester, should have an unambiguous sign that the EA is controlled in the tester. The sign should be large and visible, so as not to confuse the EA being controlled.

The idea is interesting. To be honest, a coherent concept is just forming in my mind. Your idea could have potential.

There are a lot of EAs made now, and we could start to combine EAs around an engine that would oversee them and manage their work.

In fact, implement multi-currency not in the code, but through the engine.

Each EA trades on its own currency pair and the engine controls and reconfigures them...

How about this?

Oleg Papkov:
Piotr, if we want to logically complete the engine in terms of its functionality, not speed, then we have this idea. There are three windows: 1 - the engine, 2 - EA which is either on demo or on reals, and 3 - a window of the same EA that is periodically opened in the strategy tester, as a parallel trainer of the EA's strategy and possibility in the engine to switch threads of monitoring and control in the window of the engine from one EA-window to another one - an EA window. The engine window only, if it is set to control the EA in the tester, should have an unambiguous sign that the EA is controlled in the tester. The sign should be large and visible, so as not to confuse the EA being controlled.

Generally speaking, switching EA observation is necessary. For this, we need to think about and test a new interaction system which will carry any number of EAs on any pairs (and even in the tester). But, these EAs must have interfacing files connected to them. That is, the Expert Advisors should be initially tuned to interact with the engine.

Реter Konow:

Generally speaking, switching EA observation is necessary. For this, we need to think about and test a new interaction system which will carry any number of EAs on any pairs (and even in the tester). But, these EAs must have interfacing files connected to them. That is, all EAs should be initially tuned for such interaction with the engine.

I assume that every thread to and from the engine should have some kind of sign of a thread, some kind of magic number, and a sign of a thread which works with the tester (it's invariably unique). The engine reacts to the currently set flow and advisors, indicators react to their attribute (Pseudo-magic number) of the infostream.

Everything works fine in the tester now, I am controlling the Expert Advisor in the tester from another window. Simulator mode.

Reason: