My approach. The core is the engine. - page 121

Vasiliy Sokolov:

What matters is not the number of programmes placed, but how many of them are bought. Right now I think it is around 5-7%, not more. That is, only 700 - 1000 products in the Market have real value. And only 20% of them account for 80% of sales.

It depends on whom. For Market vendors, it's important how much and what they buy. For users it's important what they sell and how much they sell it for.

//------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For algotrading as a whole (as a niche), what matters is that the activity is interesting to people. 95% of people are losing money. With such statistics, algotrading should have died out long ago and ceased to exist.

What's it riding on?

1. People's naive belief in the Grail.

Note - the Grail is associated specifically with algotrading. No one's talking about the manual Grail. It is the belief that keeps algotrading afloat.

2. Testing your strategies. Programming allows you to quickly check your trading ideas and move forward.

3) Creativity. Unlike manual trading, algotrading is more about creativity. You can draw panels, create an AI, think up all sorts of inikators and implement original ideas.

What is killing algotrading?

1. the stamping of robots by Marketplace sellers. It leads to a decline in interest because it brazenly abuses the main idea of algotrading - THE IDEA OF GRAL.

Stampers turn a magical legend into a bargaining chip. It destroys faith in it. And it undermines the main foundation of algotrading.

2. Narrow creative space. Lack of opportunity.

3. Over-complication of the programming language, which prevents rapid development.

It has long been known, since the last century, that 85% of new offers of goods and services go unclaimed, that is, no one wants them. First there is a need, then a way of satisfying it. And when an unnecessary product appears, then stupid marketers appear, trying to think of why it is needed, and sometimes it works, but not for long. TV is a bad example. The need for information transmission has been around since the Tsar of peas.

95% of plumers are about that percentage of success in any business. It's just that trading is easier to start.

Реter Konow:

Think about it. There are 14,000,000 trading apps in the marketplace alone. Users have (in total) many times more on their computers. The people who write robots are many.

If the process of making robots was easier, their number would probably be even more. If robots as programs were more interesting than meaningless mechanisms based on one strict algorithm, the interest in them would be even higher.

So I think...

You think wrong.

Most programmers don't even know what trading robots are. Number of developers of robots is very small.

The main purpose of any robot is its profitability, not its appearance. And few people know how to make a profitable robot.

It is impossible to formalise a trading strategy clearly and precisely, because it is simply not possible. It's not a Photoshop program or some computer game.

Petros Shatakhtsyan:

1. the bulk of programmers, don't even know what trading robots are. The number of developers of robots is very small.

2. The main purpose of any robot, is its profitability, not its appearance. And few know how to make a profitable robot.

Trading strategy is not possible to clearly and accurately formalize, because it is simply not possible. It is not a Photoshop program or some computer game.

1. Everything is relative. Perhaps, relative to the total number of programmers.

2. Yes, everything is correct. Profitability is the main goal. But its achievement may be different.

Some people believe that profitability is achieved by a single formula. Some people think that they need several formulas and optimisation of parameters. Some believe that an automatic system is needed. Some people believe that the semi-automatic. Some believe that only manual trading can be profitable.

And it doesn't matter which one of them is right. The important thing is that everyone is with us. In our community, in our Marketplace, freelancing, etc..

My product is designed to attract a certain category of people. With certain views on trading. And it aims to support algotrading as a whole.

Vasiliy Sokolov:
Peter, you made one strategic mistake. The same mistake I made. In 2014-2015, when my colleagues were churning out dough on the falling ruble, I made a hedge panel for MT5 instead. I thought it would be a solution for many, if not all, MT5 users (what's the point of having an EOI). However, I didn't understand the main thing at that time: users don't need technology, they need a ready-made solution for their specific tasks. 10 months of hard work and the release of my samovar was enough for me to understand this. I would have given a lot to read this post of mine in 2014, and I'm giving you this opportunity for free, appreciate it, be able to benefit from the experience of other people's mistakes.

I'll sign every word of it. Been there too...

I've given Peter similar advice in this thread before, with the regret that no one told me about it at the time... But apparently everyone has to go through it themselves.

Peter, release WHAT IS. If users will be interested, then finish it. But something tells me you'll have a lot of free time...

Реter Konow:

There will be no painful realisation of reality. There will be great work and new opportunities. )

You don't have to wait for the release. Post your TOR and window sketches here. I will do it.

Peter, here is the assignment. Make a panel to display the current order opening in MT4. We do not need to make a full copy of the system panel, but rather display a simple table with basic properties of open orders: open price, direction, and profit. The rest is up to you. The main thing is that when an order is closed, its indication in your table would also disappear. And vice versa, when you open a new order, it will appear in this table.

Vasiliy Sokolov:

Peter, here's the assignment. Make a panel displaying the current order openings in MT4. You don't need to make a full copy of the system panel, display a simple table with basic properties of open orders: open price, direction, profit. The rest is up to you. The main thing is that when an order is closed, its indication in your table would also disappear. And vice versa, it would appear in this table when a new order is opened.

This could be done from scratch in a couple of hours with the help of the standard MQL chart library, it's not interesting ((

I would like to see a simple miracle like this, based on your TOR:

1. Make a panel showing current order openings in MT4. You do not need to make a full copy of the system panel, just make a simple table with the basic properties of the open orders:open price, direction, profit. The main thing is that when you close the order its indication in your table would also disappear. And vice versa, when you open a new order, it will also appear in this table.

You would also see a drop-down list at the end of each order line where you could select the type of order: Strategy №1, Strategy №2, Manual (Manual in red, Strategy №1 and 2 in a usual colour).

SZZY: I have been wanting to make a panel for a long time, but I have not even made a sketch, but there is such an opportunity! ;)

Igor Makanu:

I can do it with the standard MQL graphics library in a couple of hours from scratch, it's not interesting (((

1. Make a panel showing current order openings in MT4. You do not need to make a full copy of the system panel, just make a simple table with the basic properties of the open orders:open price, direction, profit. The main thing is that when you close the order its indication in your table would also disappear. And vice versa, when you open a new order, it will also appear in this table.

You would also see a drop-down list at the end of each order line where you could select the type of order: Strategy №1, Strategy №2, Manual (Manual in red, Strategy №1 and 2 in a usual colour).

SZZY: I have been wanting to make a panel for a long time, but I have not even made a sketch, but there is such an opportunity! ;)

Need a sketch, otherwise it is difficult to do what you do not understand

Igor Makanu:

I can do it with the standard MQL graphics library in a couple of hours from scratch, it's not interesting (((

Let him make a basic panel to start with. Then we'll improve it.

Vasiliy Sokolov:

Peter, here's the assignment. Make a panel displaying the current order openings in MT4. You don't need to make a full copy of the system panel, display a simple table with basic properties of open orders: open price, direction, profit. The rest is up to you. The main thing is that when an order is closed, its indication in your table would also disappear. And vice versa, it would appear in this table when a new order is opened.

I will do it.

We will be ready the day after tomorrow.

Reason: