Mt4 End of support. - page 4

СанСаныч Фоменко:

You're comparing God's gift to an egg.

OOP is the frills and frills on a healthy body of programming. All the software base in the world is written by people who have not heard of OOP. OOP is a newfangled organization, a programming discipline. Like I like while and stick it everywhere instead of for, but the result is approximately the same, because this result is determined by the THINK that the code implements, but not by the technique of execution of this thought, not by the organization of labor. Algorithm is everything, and writing it down in any programming language with any programming technique is nothing.

Is it OK that Windows has long been written using .NET? Don't translate your late last century views into today's reality, or you'll look....softer in the eyes of knowledgeable people...

Реter Konow:

The analogy is flawed. This is the world of trading, and the people who come here are by and large adventurers, not future scientists and engineers. Their aim is to try their luck and make a lot of money fast. Of course, for such serious people as we all are here together with you, it is not serious, - but for them it is only the point of their efforts.

Their initial brainpower is low, and the contrivances of OOP clearly discourage them from actively getting involved in our ecosystem. They would like to quickly and easily test their ideas, and they get such a load dumped on their heads that they can't help but get scared and think, "what the hell do I need this for...?"

Of course, this is a very figurative and cartoonish representation of the state of affairs, but the point is still the same.

Those who are invited and called come here. And yes unfortunately these are adventurers. Look at advertising on the Web, is there any text like "professional traders required"? Nope, just something like "get rich in an hour. This is ridiculous, a pro will not work for an uncle.

Alexey Volchanskiy:

Peter, are you capable of comprehending what has already been written to you repeatedly? I repeat for the last time and stop the dialogue at this point, some kind of tale about a white bull.

You may write programs WITHOUT OOP without any detriment. That's it.

The mere presence of a fifth wheel prevents the cart from driving properly. Even if this wheel is lifted off the ground.

And I'm not arguing now specifically about OOP.

I'm talking about the increased complexity of the platform as a whole, which combines too many things, and the very presence of these features can not only help, but hinder.

СанСаныч Фоменко:

OOP is the frills and frills on a healthy body of programming. All the software base in the world is written by people who have not heard of OOP. OOP is a newfangled organization, a programming discipline. Like I like while and stick it everywhere instead of for, but the result is approximately the same, because this result is determined by the THINK that the code implements, but not by the technique of execution of this thought, not by the organization of labor. Algorithm is everything, and writing it down in any programming language with any programming technique is nothing.

Organise an array of orders in a procedural and object-oriented style. Once you do that, you'll understand the point of frills...

СанСаныч Фоменко:

OOP is all frills and frills on a healthy body of programming.

I agree with you. From the point of view of pure development, OOP contains a lot of frills. Things that you can and should do without. However, the function level can be understood and used by almost everyone. It is for "encryption" that this OOP was invented. That is, programmers-developers have protected their work and made this profession highly-paid.

Реter Konow:

1. There is another saying - the more complex the technology, the bigger the idiot it is designed to be. This suggests that when designing a complex system, the developer should make sure that the control interface for that system is as simple and straightforward as possible. From the developer's point of view, the system evolves from simple to complex, and from the user's point of view, from complex to simple (with increasing capabilities).

1. The interface (the user's working environment in mt5) is no different from mt4, simplified to the point of impossibility, the button to buy and sell on the chart, you can check the graph with your hands.
2 You have an idea, but you cannot write an algorithm, but you want to create a robot, go to freelance service.
3 Algotrading is the next step in using mt5, for advanced users so to speak, it has an assistant to create robots, you want to test your strategy, write a robot with it and check its performance.
If you want to check your strategy, write a robot with it and verify its work, you have to use more than 4 MQL5 programming languages.

You should know thatMQL5 is the next level of development for a beginner:

I'm talking about the problem of distribution of MT5 among users, while you are pointing at the developers and say: you are the only one who doesn't understand it, while everyone else does. You are a bad programmer, learn OOP.

What makes you think there is a problem? I use OOP very rarely that doesn't prevent me from writing fast robots and accurate algorithms.

Tag Konow:

Once again, I imagine a young novice user who heard about forex and got into it. He immediately has a great idea and is impatient to implement it. I do not speak for myself, but for him.

You have a beginner in programming who feels sorry for wasting his time studying MQL5, so help him in learning MQL5.

As you already know, the market is not the best place to develop new trading robots, so you have to study them.

I do not know what to do with this.

Vladimir Pastushak:

Organise an array of orders in a procedural style and object-oriented. Once you do that, you'll understand the point of frills...

As you wrote to me, that's my answer: If you can't do it efficiently without OOP, it doesn't mean that others can't do it.

Andrey Kisselyov:

As a rule, you do not have to be impatient, so you have to study it. Whether it's the MQL language or why you have lost your deposit, you cannot sit and work patiently, you definitely have no place in trading.

I don't know how to do it.

You take trading too seriously. As if it's a science... That's not what it's all about. I won't disappoint you...

Реter Konow:
You take trading too seriously. As if it's some kind of science... That's not what it's all about. I won't disappoint you...
I take everything seriously, even hammering a nail into the wall takes a hammer.

respectfully.

СанСаныч Фоменко:

In this stream of consciousness, mixing in one mixture of any causes and every possible consequence, I would like to single out the most remarkable phrase, which is rather forgotten now, but very widespread before:"on a sound body[insert by theme]". It's like being in my youth, thanks to FA ;))))

Reason: