Are you ready to meet the black swan? - page 5

Andrei:

It is unwise to set a SL - to create a temptation for the broker to play with it.

it is unwise to get slippery stops on a regular basis)

Fast451:

it is unwise to get slippery stops)

limiter will also slip...

Artyom Trishkin:

No stops were working or triggered at the time. A lot of people did. I once managed to manually close one USDCHF position at a loss and another on the yen pair at a profit, which was $60 more than the loss. I ended up with 60 quid profit. Then RVD took away my $4,000. The protection against this is not to trade, and not to enter money into the VC at all.

Yes, at the time there was a big discussion about one DC, can't remember the name. They technically failed to trigger stops on the server for most clients and as a result their deposits were negative!!!!

I remember there was a long showdown, didn't keep track of how it ended.

Uladzimir Izerski:

It was clear to me that it was a scam.

)) OK, good luck.

Artyom Trishkin:

If you do not want to trade and do not deposit money in the brokerage company at all, you are protected from that.

They don't have any positions, but they should be as big as you can afford to lose.

SZS: i saw somewhere the statement about the optimal size of the traded funds in relation to the deposit and the meaning of this statement sounded that one should not trade on 5-10% of the deposit, but on "the whole cutlet". If you do not want to trade on the remaining 95-90% of the deposit - keep them "at home under the pillow" - imho, this is a wise decision. If you have deposited money, you are flat, but you have only lost what you could have lost and you may draw conclusions as to the reason for the loss. You cannot surprise people with beautiful balance charts according to this scheme, but it is a practical scheme, imho.

Igor Makanu:

If you're ready to trade, you may trade but the deposit should be just as big as you can afford to lose.

SZS: i saw somewhere the statement about the optimal size of the traded funds in relation to the deposit and the meaning of this statement sounded that one should not trade on 5-10% of the deposit, but on "the whole cutlet". If you do not want to trade on the remaining 95-90% of the deposit - keep them "at home under the pillow" - imho, this is a wise decision. If you have deposited money, you are flat, but you have only lost what you might have lost and you may draw conclusions as to the reason for the loss. You may not be surprised with beautiful balance sheet according to this scheme, but it is a practical scheme, imho.

I had an investor once who opened a deposit for several tons of dollars and demanded from me to trade 0.01 lots. I tried to argue that I should keep my money without any moves, I need no more than $200-300 with this MM.

I had to part with him because I was earning pennies with such a policy.

Why doesn't anyone remember GBPUSD on the night of 7 October 2016? There the fat finger dropped the pound by 10 figures in the moment...

Dennis Kirichenko:

Why doesn't anyone remember GBPUSD on the night of 7 October 2016? There the fat finger dropped the pound by 10 figures in the moment...

why remember it, it's scary enough as it is)

Dennis Kirichenko:

Yep, minute candle 1.26013-1.15213, spooky! What was the reason for that?

Igor Makanu:

You can trade, but the deposit should be only as much as you can afford to lose, after you have earned it, transfer it from your trading account to your personal account.

Of course you can, especially if you have an extra flat. A negative balance is successfully recovered from the client. Google the phrase "covered half of his losses". And it took less than a year to recover
Reason: