Trend-tracking trading systems - page 7

Sergey Lazarenko:

What are you drawing here? You're going against the Trend!!! This is where trend trading is discussed.

He decided to capitalize on a corrective wave. Also, the trend has slowed down, so instead of a correction there might be a change in trend.

Uladzimir Izerski:

I also see that on the forums few people distinguish between a wave and a trend.

How are they different?

khorosh:

He decided to capitalise on a corrective wave. Also, the trend has slowed down, so instead of a correction there might be a change of trend.

see

Sergey Lazarenko:

How do they differ?

The period of observation of the trend. However, you can trade without knowing such things.

Uladzimir Izerski:

Period of observation of the trend.

I don't understand, a Trend consists of two Peaks and Troughs, what does a Time Period have to do with it?

Sergey Lazarenko:

I don't understand, a Trend consists of two Peaks and Troughs, what does it have to do with a Time Period?

There is the term wave and there is the term trend, it is not the same if considered from one point. And from different points it may be one thing. A trend on the M15 on the daily could be a wave or even a single candle.

Uladzimir Izerski:

There is the term wave and there is the term trend, it is not the same when viewed from the same point. And from different points it can be one thing. A trend on the M15 on the daily could be a wave or even a single candle.

I see, a Trend in a Trend...

Uladzimir Izerski:

There is the term wave and there is the term trend, it is not the same when viewed from the same point. And from different points it can be one thing. A trend on the M15 on the daily could be a wave or even a single candle.

Any trend changes direction sooner or later.

one and the same - it is still a wave, not a trend!

there is no trend, there is only a wave and a trend either rising or falling.

Renat Akhtyamov:

any trend changes direction sooner or later.

the same thing - it's still the wave that trades, not the trend!

There is no trend, there is only a wave and the trend is either up or down.

So not against such reasoning.

What matters is the wave, it is primary. The rest is an observation)))

In a dozen years I have heard from only two traders the correct understanding of waves in my interpretation, of course I have to add that from my point of view.)))
Reason: