Trend-tracking trading systems - page 16

Yousufkhodja Sultonov:

The question arises: Why follow the path of such a tangle of uncertainties, relying on luck in the process of guessing these complex market phases? Well, then, we need to offer an alternative to trend-tracking TS. As an alternative I suggest ....

that's right

Actually, the philosophy of searching for a solution begins and ends with the logic that the whole world has been searching for a pattern for more than 45 years and cannot find it.

Well if so, is it worth looking, maybe there is no solution at all, no logic and so on?

Wouldn't it be easier to make a complete list of inoperable systems, identify a pattern of inoperability and go backwards?

aleger:

Theoretical tricks in our work are certainly useful and need to be more closely linked to the most urgent needs. There is no clear concept of TREND, no criteria or models - no problem to create, describe, define, etc.

The bad thing is that all this is being done in an unorganised, scattered, secretive way. Individualism may be good for something, but it seems to be time to unite in something.

I totally agree, everyone proposing a new theory must prove its viability on a real account, and this is the only way we can warn traders against blindly following entrenched views on the market, which have led to gridlock and the ruin of thousands of market participants. We must convince them that financial markets are not a place for super-profits with the possibility of nothing more than a lottery game. It's a market with a negative expectation of maturity due to spreads, commissions, and swaps. I, to the best of my ability, am willing to join a task force to search for global market patterns, if such a group or branch is created.

Renat Akhtyamov:

that's right

Actually, the philosophy of searching for a solution begins and ends with the logic that the whole world has been searching for a pattern for more than 45 years and cannot find it.

Well if so, is it worth looking for, maybe there is no solution at all, no logic and so on?

Wouldn't it be easier to make a complete list of inoperable systems, identify a pattern of inoperability and go backwards?

Also one of the variants of the passive search for a pattern. Interesting way of looking at the problem - the way backwards. I'm afraid that, it's been tested many times and has had no positive effect. As the saying goes, the bullshit is not so sweet. Unsubstantiated TCs will also remain unsubstantiated in the case of a coup. It will be very difficult to find the reason for the flip.

Yousufkhodja Sultonov:

Also one of the variants of the passive search for patterns. It's an interesting way of looking at the problem - the way backwards. I'm afraid this has been tested many times and has had no positive effect. As the saying goes, the bullshit is not so sweet. Unsubstantiated TCs will also remain unsubstantiated in the case of a coup. It will be very difficult to find the reason for the flip.

Exactly

Yousufkhodja Sultonov:

Also one of the variants of the passive search for patterns. It's an interesting way of looking at the problem - the way backwards. I'm afraid this has been tested many times and has had no positive effect. As the saying goes, the bullshit is not so much the radish. Unsubstantiated TCs will also remain unsubstantiated in the case of a coup. It will be very difficult to find a reason for the flip.

In my opinion, there is nothing to be afraid of at all! And if these (seemingly still no one and nothing "justified") TC and technology and actually WORK!!! It would be a shame not to get involved in time, though!

A repeat from another thread about the question of understanding.

It is very difficult to find common ground if there is disagreement on the understanding of the trend.

A trend in forex is a sequence of impulse and correction waves. The predominance of impulse waves will ultimately show the direction of the trend.

There is one "but".

A corrective wave is also a part of the trend, only in the opposite direction, and it may have a long duration. No one pays attention to it on forums. Hence there is a misunderstanding.

Perhaps, it is better to apply the term "wave" rather than "trend" in choosing the price direction to avoid confusion.

A wave is up. A downward wave. It is simple and easy to understand.

It is important to know the wave in the trend!)

Yusuf knows!

Uladzimir Izerski:

A repeat from another thread about the question of understanding.

It is very difficult to find common ground if there is disagreement on the understanding of the trend.

A trend in forex is a sequence of impulse and correction waves. The predominance of impulse waves will ultimately show the direction of the trend.

There is one "BUT".

A corrective wave is also a part of the trend, only in the opposite direction, and it may have a long duration. No one pays attention to it on forums. Hence there is a misunderstanding.

Perhaps, it is better to apply the term "wave" rather than "trend" in choosing the price direction to avoid confusion.

A wave is up. A downward wave. It is simple and easy to understand.

It is important to know the wave in the trend!)

Yusuf knows!

This list can be continued and extended to include also price and time ranges, upward, downward movements, previous, current and next, rolls, pullbacks, growth, gains and reversals, reversals and continuations, visible and "hidden" trends, local, compound and global, working and idle, and the moments of occurrence, opening, closing, duration, speed, acceleration/deceleration, quantity and volume, buying and selling, maximum and minimum results, acceptable and sufficient, profitable, unprofitable, "empty", etc.д.

aleger:

This list can be continued and extended to include also price and time ranges, upward, downward, previous, current and following movements, pullbacks, increases, gains and reversals, reversals and continuations, visible and "hidden" trends, local, compound and global, working and idle, and the moments of occurrence, opening, closing, duration, speed, acceleration/deceleration, quantity and volume, buying and selling, maximum and minimum results, acceptable and sufficient, profitable, losing, "empty", etc.д.

Are all these combinations of words for search engines or what ? :)

Here I am for 3 years, on one robot, I used almost all these variants. There are billions of combinations of them. And of course to get more than 100% a year with less drawdown, it's very difficult.

But one thing is clear, it is impossible to create a profitable trading strategy, even for manual trading, without creating a robot and testing it on real ticks. Because the robot speeds up the process very much and actually shows what's going on.

Petros Shatakhtsyan:

Are all these combinations of words for search engines ? :)

Here I was for 3 years, on one robot, I used almost all of these variations. There are billions of combinations. And of course to get more than 100% a year with less drawdown, is very difficult.

But one thing is clear, it is impossible to create a profitable trading strategy, even for manual trading, without creating a robot and testing it on real ticks. Because the robot speeds up the process very much and actually shows what is going on.

I also have many of these words in my (trend following) Expert Advisor and produce good results. What's left to do is to put a point with defining and gettingwhat is acceptable andsufficient.

aleger:

I, too, have many of these words in my (trend-tracking) expert and produce good results. What's left to do is to put a point with the definition and obtainingthe tolerance andsufficiency.

Then show these not bad results on real ticks of the MT5 tester. Let's see what your results are.

Reason: