Weekend evening - page 53

Interesting:

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and trading strategy testing

I will write indicator for free

Vadim Naumkin, 2020.08.07 15:34

Gentlemen, i need a Support - Resistance graphical indicator like in the picture 1.

The conditions for display: if the price is knocked a couple of times against a level (from below or from above), then on this level to draw the appropriate line (red or blue).

And as a continuation, draw the same line with the opposite colour through N candles to the right. Color, length and width of lines and the distance between them should be set in candles.

Vladimir, hello.

Please tell me why you always make the risk in your EA bigger than one percent and exclude 0.5 for example?

if(InpVolumeLotOrRisk<1 || InpVolumeLotOrRisk>100)
              {
               Print(__FILE__," ",__FUNCTION__,", ERROR: ");
               Print("The value for \"Money management\" (",DoubleToString(InpVolumeLotOrRisk,2),") -> invalid parameters");
               Print("   parameter must be in the range: from 1.00 to 100.00");
               return(INIT_FAILED);
              }

I tried to change it from zero to one hundred, but it didn't work.

How do I make 0.5 work?

if(InpVolumeLotOrRisk<
0.5  || InpVolumeLotOrRisk>100)

Алексей Тарабанов:

Thank you, it works.

Алексей Тарабанов:
Roman Kutemov:

Thank you, it works.

It doesn't and can't work. And whoever tries to bypass the protection will be punished immediately when they try to open a position.

Good afternoon.

Can you tell me if it is possible to write an EA that opens trades by the indicator (arrows, sell, buy, different colours), which I can close manually or by another EA, and does not open until there is a reverse signal? If there is a opposite signal it closes the trade (if it is not already closed) and opens on a new signal.

Example: The indicator gives a sell signal, the EA opens a sell, I close it with a couple of pips, the EA waits for the opposite signal, and only then opens a buy, and so on.

Sergey Ivanov:

Good afternoon.

Can you tell me if it is possible to write an EA that opens trades by the indicator (arrows, sell, buy, different colours), which I can close manually or by another EA, and does not open until there is a reverse signal? If there is a opposite signal it closes the trade (if it is not already closed) and opens on a new signal.

Example: The indicator gave a sell signal, the EA opened a sell, I closed it with a couple of pips, the EA waits for the opposite signal, and only then opens buy, and so on.

Yes, we can, because the EA has its own logic: it can give only one signal per bar. The EA has given a signal (and even if you manually closed the POSITION) on this bar, the EA will not give a signal.

Vladimir Karputov:

Yes, you can, because the EA has its own logic: it can only give one signal per bar. The EA has given a signal (and even if you manually closed the POSITION) on this bar, the EA will no longer give a signal.

Yes, but it opens a deal on a new bar in the previous direction (signal) and we need it to wait for the opposite signal, even if it will be in a few days.

If it is possible to implement(write an EA), how much will it cost me?

Sergey Ivanov:

Yes, but it opens a trade on a new bar in the previous direction (signal), and I need it to wait for the opposite signal, even if it is a few days later.

If it is possible to implement this(write an EA), how much will it cost me?

"How much will it cost" - this you will find out in the Freelance service, when you create a job. That's not what the topic is about here.

Vladimir Karputov:

"How much it costs" is something you'll find out in Freelance when you create a job. That's not what we're talking about here.

I just wanted to know, is this even possible to implement in MT4? For an Expert Advisor to wait for the opposite signal not by bars, or is it possible to implement it only in MT5?

Reason: