Stops are the way to go. - page 12

Aram Esayan:

For example, calculate the statistics for your own stops: if the price has already passed 70% of the stop and closely approaches it, then how many % of deals will be closed with a loss? And it may turn out that the majority of these transactions really close with a loss, so you can safely reduce the stop loss, on a large number of transactions it will help save a few percent of the deposit

I agree. Marked important. In any case stop interacts with quality of entry. The entry turns out to be in the first place. Therefore entries should be sorted according to the same principle. Stops already become a secondary factor. It is interesting to sort out the little things.

Aram Esayan:

For example, calculate the statistics for your own stops: if price has already passed 70% of stop-losses and closely approaches them, then how many percent of these deals will close with a loss? And it may turn out that the majority of these deals really close with a loss, so you can safely reduce the stop loss, on a large number of deals it will help you save a couple of percent of the deposit

It's easier to optimize by stoploss in the tester, you will get the same result.

Stops are the way to the bottom.... unfortunately...you will never in your life have stable earnings with stops)))) I guarantee you))) there will be a "wrong" bar or period that will wipe out all your "fabulous" profits)))

There is certainly a profitable stratum in this direction... but that's not where you're going...

Martin Cheguevara:

Stops are the way to the bottom.... unfortunately...you will never in your life have stable earnings with stops)))) I guarantee you))) there will be a "wrong" bar or period that will wipe out all your "fabulous" profits)))

There is certainly a profitable strata in this direction... but you're going the wrong way...

What do you mean - strata?

Алексей Тарабанов:

What do you mean strata?

just slang... strategy...

in general stops were originally invented only on the Friday before the weekend if you didn't have time to sell the stock and no one bought it in the trading pit before the stock market closed for the weekend, so as not to suffer losses on an uncovered position because of the high volatility at the weekend, stupidly put stops and all because ... then at least there is a chance to win back with a known possible loss...

and all the rest is just nonsense, written for us to open more trades and pay commissions)))

what kind of success is there with...hmm... ))))))

I put a stop where the signal to open a position breaks down.

Алексей Тарабанов:
I place a stop where the signal to open a position breaks down.

So you have a steady signal to open a position that lasts for several bars, and when the signal is over you put a stop loss under the bar where the signal disappeared?

Uladzimir Izerski:

If you are confident in the quality of your entries, you can hope to "just in case" and not place stops, but sooner or later this is bound to result in a black swan.

The best results will be achieved by using reliable entries with short stops. Of course a lot depends on market timing, market volatility etc. I think stops are necessary. My percentage of correct entries is insufficient to not use them at all. I consider locking unprofitable positions a waste of time. Stops are better.

I agree with Alexey thatforce majeure cannot be canceled.

In my opinion, stops and takes should be generated by TS itself when testing in SL=0 and TP=0, i.e. without any stops and takes and with a resulting profit, however insignificant. We need to change the logic of TS.

Yousufkhodja Sultonov:

In my opinion, stops and takes should generate the TS itself when testing in SL=0 and TP=0, ie, without stops and takes and come out with a profit, even a minuscule, if it is not capable of it, then no stops will not help the TS from plummeting. We need to change the logic of TS.

That is, to exit the transaction (either at a loss or a profit), not by stops, and on other criteria TC - for example, when after 3 candles it becomes clear - that the logic is wrong or right and you need to close the position?

Footsteps are the way to the ****hole.

Reason: