Stops are the way to go. - page 10

Uladzimir Izerski:

The TS without protective stops is doomed to fail.

Even with perfect entries, the black swan will arrive unnoticed and most importantly unexpectedly.

This is an incorrect statement.

Losses can be fixed by TS signals, by reverse signals and by other methods, such as trawl TP. The main thing is to fix the losses, and the stop is only a special case of the many possible.

Комбинатор:

Black swans don't save you from black swans. You should know that by now.

If you have one lot for the whole cutlet, it certainly won't save you. And the pens are not a fact to save from a black swan. There are almost always prerequisites for BL, you have to take that into account too.

Aleksey Vyazmikin:

No joke, alas, but the debt was overdrawn and a little more was left for a rope and soap...

It's a sad story. It always hurts in such cases, but we learn from our mistakes and grow stronger.

Alexander Sevastyanov:

This is an erroneous statement.

Losses can be captured by TS signals, by reverse signals and by other means, e.g. by a TP trawl. The main thing is to fix losses, and a stop is just a special case out of many possible ones.

Yes, a protective stop can be a stop loss, but I already mentioned its disadvantages. This is a PE stretched over time.

Uladzimir Izerski:

Yes, a stopper can serve as a safety stopper, but the disadvantages have been mentioned before. It's a time-stretched CHL.

What does the stopper have to do with it? I wrote above about closing an unprofitable position by signals etc. OrderClose() is not a stopper. The important thing is to fix the loss, there are many options, and you are stuck with a single stop.

Uladzimir Izerski:

A sad story. It always hurts in such cases, but we learn from mistakes and grow stronger.

The important thing is to work on the mistakes, which many people fail to do. And I am no exception - I have already stepped on similar rakes. Only robots can steer correctly here, in terms of MM.

But yes, I have such a rich set of mistakes, just don't know who to sell it all to...

Alexander Sevastyanov:

What does the stopper have to do with it? I wrote above about closing a losing position on signals etc. OrderClose() is not a stopper. The important thing is to fix the loss, there are many options, and you are focused on a single stop.

Stops are needed to protect against force majeure, if the exit by the signal goes - because the EA may not work for a variety of reasons, including due to strangulation by requotes.

Alexander Sevastyanov:

What does the stopper have to do with it? I wrote above about closing a losing position on signals etc. OrderClose() is not a stopper. The important thing is that the loss is fixed, there are many options, and you are limited to a single stop.

I'm not focusing on one stop. You can act in different ways.

Well, you have reversed, and the price has returned to the previous direction. Minus there and minus there. Two minuses will not give you a plus.

However, this method can be used.

For me this method is not really good for short-term trading.

Aleksey Vyazmikin:

Stops are needed to protect against force majeure, if the exit by signal is going on - because the EA may fail for a number of reasons, including due to strangulation by requotes.

You are right here.

I have only had the best results with ATS where the stops were fixed.

The effectiveness of stops is strictly related to entry accuracy. If entry accuracy is low, stops will not save, but rather accelerate a loss. An Expert Advisor with poor entry accuracy without stops may not lose for quite a long time (for example in a sideways trend with a slight slope). If to such TS screw stops, the draw-off will come earlier. But if the TS stops are small and triggered rarely, it means that the accuracy of the entry is very good. This is what we should strive for.
Reason: