Got stood up in a shop with an ePayments card - page 4

Attempt #2 - buying cinema tickets via Rambler Cashier with an ePayments card. It says something wrong. Tried it 5 times, the numbers entered are correct. The card can not pay for online purchases, it turns out?

This is very, very bad.

Evgeniy Zhdan:

Attempt #2 - buying cinema tickets via Rambler Cashier with an ePayments card. It says something wrong. Tried it 5 times, the numbers entered are correct. The card can not pay for online purchases, it turns out?

It is very very bad.

You can, and everything works fine.

Stop making up nonsense. This is a normal, fully functional card.

Renat Fatkhullin:

You can and it works fine.

Stop making up nonsense already. It's a normal fully functional card.

I went to Magnit just now, and Magnit was fine, the purchase went through. But the Rambler card didn't go through. Wrote to the TA, maybe they will say. They have written that online purchases can be. Why should I make up all sorts of nonsense?

Evgeniy Zhdan:

Went to Magnit just now, and Magnit was fine, the purchase went through. But the Rambler cash register didn't go through. I wrote to the TA, maybe they can tell me. They have written that online purchases can be. Why do I have to make up all sorts of nonsense?

There are such people.

Just like there are online services that don't want to take risks. So are the realities of anti-fraud, which in different countries gives a success rate of 40% to 80% for card payments regardless of the coolness of the card/bank.

Renat Fatkhullin:

There are people like that.

Try to buy a ticket of some kind for 100p through Rambert Cashiers and see if I'm right

Evgeniy Zhdan:

Try to buy a ticket of some kind for 100 p. through Ramber Kassa and you will be convinced that I am right.

When you contact them, you will easily get an answer like "we only accept payments from Russian bank cards when paying from Russian IP".

They buried themselves a long time ago actually.

Reread your original statement about paying by card online.

Renat Fatkhullin:

When you contact them, you will easily see an answer like "we only accept payments from Russian bank cards when paying from Russian IPs".

They buried themselves a long time ago, actually.

There you go, and you say I'm an idiot.

Evgeniy Zhdan:

There you go, and you say I'm a fool.

I'll say it again.

Reread your statement. No one is going to forgive you for making generalisations based on a single case.

Renat Fatkhullin:

Reread your original statement about paying by card online.

Not a statement, a question. Okay. Everything works in principle, with a few exceptions like Rambler. Well, fuck it.

Today I bought at magnet for 603 roubles and got $10.87 off. That's fine.

It's just that not all services accept prepaid cards it seems. The same Rostelecom can't pay with an EP card on the Rostelecom website.
The card has always been accepted in retail shops and on AliExpress without any problems.
Reason: