Has anyone created a successful automated trading system? What is your advice? - page 4

JesonMile:
"automated trading" means different things to different people, here I mean a system that detects good trading situations and then places an order and closes later after some conditions are met.

It seems to be possible to create a profitable system, but so far I haven't had much luck. some big advantages I see in an automated system is that it can trade 24/7 and does not cause any emotion. ideally I would like to scalp on small timeframes (h1 or less), but h4 or d1 is probably easier, right?

what indicators have you had success with? are you using fixed sl and tp or more complicated closing conditions? did you write it completely yourself or use templates such as mt5 advisors? do you think many different indicators with certain weights are better than one or two or is it too complicated?

what kind of returns are you seeing and how consistent is your system?

can a breakout bot at market opening be successful?

There are a couple of robots in the terminal distribution. I think they are profitable. Would they put some crap in the distribution? If they were loss-making robots, they would have been warned about it.

There are plenty of robots in the codebase. By the same token, they are just as profitable.

zvezdocheet:

There are a couple of robots in the terminal's distribution. I think they are profitable. Would they put any crap in the distribution? If they were loss-making robots, there would be a warning about it.

There are plenty of robots in the codebase. By the same token, they're just as profitable.

There's also a bunch of indicators there - they won't put any crap in.

But everyone has their own correct settings, and some people invent their own gimmicks or even try to invent a "wheel" for some reason.

Shoker:

there's also a bunch of indicators out there - they won't put any crap in.

But the right settings are different for everyone, and some people invent attachments to them for some reason or try to reinvent the "wheel" altogether.

You are right! There are plenty of good indicators in the distribution. The customised settings bring the grail closer.

And there are a lot of profitable robots on the market. People write that you can even earn a thousand percent. I read it myself.

Aleksei Stepanenko:
And there are a lot of profitable robots on the market. People write that you can even make a thousand percent. I read it myself.

Yeah, and I've even seen pictures from the tester :)

Right, right, I saw that too. I don't understand people looking for something for so long. What are you looking for? Everything has already been found and done for you. People in the Market are earning themselves, and they are letting us earn. Buy a more expensive EA, because expensive means high quality. Our good people will not give you any rubbish for big money. Now life is great, what a great thing! We're sitting here and the money's coming in.

Now I'm trying to figure out where.

In two evenings I drew up a candlestick EA in Excel with a tester on the history with the possibility of manual optimisation - the results are very good - I just need to code it in mql - just a couple of formulas... And people haven't slept for months...

Aleksei Stepanenko:

Right, right, I saw that too. I don't understand people looking for something for so long. What are you looking for? Everything has already been found and done for you. People in the Market are earning themselves, and they are letting us earn. Buy a more expensive EA, because expensive means high quality. Our good people will not give you any rubbish for big money. Now life is great, what a great thing! We're sitting here and the money's coming in.

Now I'm trying to figure out where.

Actually a profitable EA hasn't been set up yet, there isn't one here or on any other site.

Vladimir Baskakov:
Actually a profitable EA has not yet been created, it's not here or on other sites.

What are you so fond of saying that you can't know about, expecting to be given the use of it straight away?)

Keep on hand-draining, there will be more for the robots.

Fast235:

What are you so fond of saying that you can't know about, expecting to be given the use of it straight away?)

Keep on hand-draining, more for the robots.
Trading robots is absurd.
Reason: