Has anyone created a successful automated trading system? What is your advice? - page 7

transcendreamer:

Going from excel models to real trading will show how rough reality differs from speculative constructions 😀

But i wish you success either way

If the formulas are correct and the algorithm is correct, then trading via excel is different in that the signals are given not by the Expert Advisor in the terminal, but by excel. But in this case I decided to check one old idea from the "textbook", which was reminded by a forum post about the article "Combinational scalping: trading from the past or improving performance of future trades".

Shoker:

If the formulas are correct and the algorithm is built without errors, then trading via Excel is different in that the signals are given not by the Expert Advisor in the terminal, but by Excel. In this particular case, I decided to check an old idea from a "textbook", which was reminded by a forum post on the article "Combinational scalping: trades from the past or improving the performance of future trades".

True, but the key word here is IF...

transcendreamer:

True, but the key word here is IF...

So IF the Expert Advisor is written with an error in the algorithm, then... no need to explain?

Shoker:

So IF an EA is written with an error in the algorithm, then... no need to explain?

I am not against Excel as a tool, it is a great product for its own purposes, sometimes it is useful to model some ideas, but still, there are many ways to cheat yourself in testing, you need to be very careful in calculating profits and all conditions.

I have seen many times before when a trader finds another brilliant idea in Excel and it somehow does not want to work in real trading conditions.

I do not want to devalue your particular idea with my post.

There is a successful automatic system! Some guys on the forum are bragging - I believe them!

Georgiy Merts:

Maybe. For a while.

No system can work forever. Any system has periods of profit and periods of loss, and periods of loss, all other things being equal, produce a greater outflow of capital than an inflow during periods of profit.

Which once again confirms that all systems in the market are 50/50 with a different distribution

Aleksei Stepanenko:
There is a successful automatic system! Some guys on the forum are bragging, I believe them!

But all shy away from posting full stats or signal monitoring. I believe them too!

Ivan Butko:

Which once again confirms that all systems on the market are 50/50 with varying distributions

Worse.

40 to 60.

I've said it many times - any system, when run for a long time, will drain more than it earns.

Aleksei Stepanenko:
There is a successful automated system! Some guys on this forum brag about it. I believe them!

Moreover, in the title the author asked about an automated system. And that's a bit of a different story, it's not about a crazy algorithm pumping money out of thin air :-)

Of course there are automated ones. Moreover, there are no non-automated ones.

zvezdocheet:

Staring at the monitor all day, or opening a trade and giving it up for a week - that's absurdity squared.

I don't stare, my robot is a demo account on my phone. When a situation arises, I open a position in a real account (on a cross pair?).
Reason: