From theory to practice - page 724

geratdc_:

Sorry, I'm back)) A final thought has come to mind:

If price can pass more with fewer ticks, and this is on the charts all the time in any timeframe, then it follows that ticks are just a technical nuance and their number does not promise a meaningful price movement. Essentially, it is an attempt to transfer the trend definition from the bar opening/closing prices to tick levels - the more ticks there are for selling, the more the scalper is selling or buying inside the bar (candle) with the expected price movement in the tick-trend formed inside the bar. It means the EA is moved from the timeframe inside the bar to look for a trend))) Perhaps, it would be incorrect to call ticks a rubbish, but taking into account the conclusion about the weak correlation of the number of ticks with the real price movement between the opening and closing, the ticks are, to put it mildly, an unimportant indicator.

The report is finished.

Who is ready to prove the contrary - you are welcome. I will gladly familiarise myself with the advanced tick theory.

You are confusing the concepts. Ticks in forex are pairs of rates Bid, Ask that come to the terminal. They are primary in general, all OHLC timeframes, candlesticks and whatever are built from them. And you are not talking about ticks, but tick volumes. Met several attempts to find out what it is, seems to have settled on the fact that it is a very inaccurate representation of the number of ticks coming into that terminal over a timeframe period. It really is a secondary indicator, personally I don't trust it at all and don't use it.

According to the now-worn phrase"Generally speaking, estimating something by its ticks is like estimating the speed and the course of an aircraft by its fuselage vibrations, imho". Perhaps someone has heard of the KVIS combined helicopter speed sensor. If you can put an Air Pressure Receiver (APR) on an aircraft in undisturbed flow and compare that pressure with the static pressure, it is very reliable in determining speed. But in a helicopter, with the dreaded atmospheric turbulence swirling around on top, the undisturbed flow is not available. Especially in the mountains, where there's less room for chopping up eddies. And helicopters have to fly at night in gorges where both speed and course are very important. Sometimes the lights can't even be turned on. You have no other option than to use ABP to measure pressure (velocity heads) at the rotor blades' ends and determine speed and rate at once by the fluctuations (or vibration, if you want) of the velocity head in the course of one rotation. The pressures from the ends of the blades went to the axle through tubes, through the automatic skewer and downwards, where they were compared. Naturally, with a lag that varies with propeller speed and more.

Turning to forex, let me remind you of Brusiansky's impressive example - there are mentions of him on the forum, there is a link to a video where he takes into account and analyses the time in ms between the arrival of successive ticks - suggests that one can win consistently with confidence on these vibrations, including on any contests where EAs are allowed. After 2013 he disappeared from the forums, as is usually the case in such cases.

geratdc_:

I lied to you - there is still a correlation on the real chart between the price passing more pips with a larger tick volume. That is, I could not find the situation I was talking about, when a smaller tick volume would give a larger price step between opening and closing.

I have taken one bar higher and another one lower and the rule is confirmed:

Return on tick 591/1 740 = 0.34 pips/tick

Profitability of the tick 130/613 = 0,21 pips/tick

The higher the tick volume, the more likely it is that the price will pass more points.

Ugh. Corrected. Report over.

point/teak is the speed, what's the use of that?

And if it's simple 6/2 = 3 or 9/3 = 3 the speed is the same, but the pips spread is different.

It's not correct to take high - low / number of ticks. Because the price can go back and forth a lot more points within these limits.

Those relying on ticks, as I previously reported, shift the trend search from the opening/closing price level to the tick level. Here's the trick. There are ticks to sell / buy and within a bar thus the trading strategy (pips of course) moves from bar history to tick history - trends are detected at tick level and trades are opened and closed.

This is TickTrading ))

It is necessary to search and test open Expert Advisors that work on tick history.

Evgeniy Chumakov:

point/tick is the speed, so what's the point spread?

In simple 6/2 = 3 or 9/3 = 3, the speed is the same, but the range of pips is different.

And it's not correct to take high - low / number of ticks, because the price can go back and forth a lot more pips in this range.

If in a particular black M1 candlestick you get too many ticks for its size, it means that the price was running like mad - it went not just open-low-high-close, but almost a couple of times and in the wrong order.
It may be concluded that the buyers-sellers almost matched the price.

One candle is not enough, so we get a rare trading rule - if you meet two candles with a significant volume (and preferably the second is smaller than the first), you should exit the current trade or you can place a stop higher/lower.
It only remains to correctly collect statistics on volume/size with regard to the tick rate and time of day

The histogram (blue) is the spread of High - Low / Volume (number of ticks)

The red line is the same, but it is the 5-day average of the same candle, i.e. if it is 12 o'clock, then it is the average of the five previous 12-hour candles.

I do not see anything useful here. Maybe something else to calculate?

I wondered, I wondered: what is it that people are looking for in this thread? Spare change for cigarettes or the pure, emerald Grail? The answer is, of course, the Grail. And from looking for one, I took a look at GBPJPY for 2018 in the sliding window = week (!!!).

7 positive trades vs 1 negative.

The only problem is that the sliding window is a week. Now I can't do without some tricky manipulations of reading archive data directly from terminal to my TS... Because waiting for a week to get the required amount of data - is, of course...

Well, a week is a week - just to get to the Quiet House (see sayings of the great Drimmer).

geratdc_:

Those relying on ticks, as I previously reported, shift the trend search from the opening/closing price level to the tick level. Here's the trick. There are ticks to sell / buy and within a bar thus the trading strategy (pips of course) moves from bar history to tick history - trends are detected at tick level and trades are opened and closed.

This is TickTrading ))

I need to search and try open Expert Advisors that work on tick history.

You are right

I should use 64-bit MT5, it has ticks in the kit...

Alexander_K:

I wondered, I wondered: what is it that people are looking for in this thread? Spare change for cigarettes or the pure, emerald Grail? The answer is, of course, the Grail. And from looking for one, I took a look at GBPJPY for 2018 in the sliding window = week (!!!).

7 positive trades vs 1 negative.

The only problem is that the sliding window is a week. Now I cannot do without some tricky manipulations of reading archive data directly from terminal to my TS... Because waiting for a week to get the required amount of data - is, of course...

Ok, a week is a week - just to get to the Quiet House (see sayings of the great Drimmer).

You haven't decided on a closing date yet and you're already talking about positive trades. That's not serious professor).

Uladzimir Izerski:

You haven't decided when to close the deals yet and you're already talking about positive deals. That's not serious professor).

The moment of exit from a trade is, oddly enough, much harder to determine than the moment of entry...

It would seem - the exit by crossing the moving average from the channel borders. However, sometimes price does not reach this average just 1 pips - and that is it - a disaster... The search for more and more "accurate", "non-lagging" averages starts - we start running in circles...

We remember that the so-called average, i.e. the sample expectation, has a confidence interval and, voila!!!

But it's still hard, my friends. The grail is like a fucking enchanted grail...

Evgeniy Chumakov:

The histogram (blue) is the spread of High - Low / Volume (number of ticks)

The red line is the same, but it is the 5-day average of the same candle, i.e. if it is 12 o'clock, it is the average of the five previous 12 o'clock candles.

What is useful here, I don't see anything yet. How about something else to calculate?

Note the bars with long bodies - the set of 3 bars where Open[i] > Close[i] and Volume of each such bar, for example > 5 000 for the H1 timeframe, can be called a trend indicator with a certain probability. This is exactly what I applied. It resulted in fewer trades, lower profitability but smoother passing of complex sections.

In the end I decided to leave it that way: 100 - 200% per annum the Expert Advisor gives and that's enough for you))).

Reason: