From theory to practice - page 725

geratdc_:

Note the bars with a long body - a set of 3 bars where Open<Close and Volume of each such bar, for example > 3,000, can be called a trend indicator with some degree of probability. This is exactly what I applied. As a result, I got less trades, lower profitability but smoother passing of complex sections.

In the end I decided to leave it that way: 100 - 200% per annum the Expert Advisor gives and that's enough))).

The better volume indicator has long been used by some...

Renat Akhtyamov:
The better volume indicator has long been used by some...

OK, it's all worked out a long time ago. The site is huge and it's impossible to dig through it. But frankly the trade is still thin ice. The EA's drains aren't going anywhere. There are no miracles.

Alexander_K:

The moment of exit from a trade is, oddly enough, much harder to determine than the moment of entry...

It would seem - exit by crossing the moving average from the channel boundaries. However, sometimes the price does not reach this average by 1 pips - and that's it - a disaster... The search for more and more "accurate", "non-lagging" averages starts - we start running in circles...

We remember that the so-called average, i.e. the sample expectation, has a confidence interval and, voila!!!

But it's still hard, my friends. The grail's like a fucking enchanted grail...

Don't wallow in hopelessness, get busy observing intraday trends and their possible use. Do you have any ZigZag in your household?

aleger:

Don't get desperate, get busy watching intraday trends and possible use of them. Got any ZigZags in your household?

Nope.

Yeah, I'm just trying to keep up. It's been a month since I realized I'm screwed.

My only hope is plan B. Namely - I'll wait for the Man, who will briefly describe the essence of his strategy from the physical and mathematical point of view and start his signal. And I'll subscribe to it. That's it. But, and there's no such person in sight... That's a shame.

Alexander_K2:

No, it's not.

Yeah, I'm just making a point, that's all. It's been a month since I realized I'm screwed.

My only hope is "plan B". Namely - I'll wait for the Man, who will briefly describe the essence of his strategy from the physico-mathematical point of view and launch his signal. And I'll subscribe to it. That's it. But, and there's no such person in sight... That is a shame.

In this case, if you are not difficult, answer in details, HOW and HOW much you can and how much you should earn on Forex? Including "plan A" and "plan B".

aleger:

Then, if you don't mind, answer in as much detail as possible, HOW and HOW much can and should be earned on forex? Including "plan A" and "plan B".

HOW? If I knew - I probably would have told you everything a long time ago.

I think it's better to ask those, who know exactly, what market "memory" is (and it exists - because the distribution of increments is not stable and, consequently, the market is not a SB), methods of its identification and measurement, quantitative and qualitative characteristics.

The one, who knows it, is able to earn unheard-of bribes.

For me, it is enough that the signal shows +25% per month + a physical and mathematical (or just mathematical) brief justification.

Alexander_K:

All I need is for the signal to show +25% per month + a physico-mathematical (or just mathematical) brief justification.

Is that all?

Alexander_K:

HOW? If I knew, I'd probably have told you a long time ago.

I think it would be better to ask those who know exactly what market "memory" is (which it is - because the distribution of increments is not stable and, therefore, the market is not the SB), the methods of identifying and measuring it, and the quantitative and qualitative characteristics of it.

The one, who knows it, is able to earn unheard-of bribes.

For me it is enough for the signal to show +25% per month + physical and mathematical (or just mathematical) brief substantiation.

I expected to see the right (from my point of view) answers, but - alas. I will try not to add more dissonance to the harmonious chorus of physicists.

TheXpert:

Is that all?

25%/month - That's pretty good. It's not about A_K, it's about profit. I don't count from the deposit though, but from the value of the underlying asset. My systems have never made more than 20%).

Yuriy Asaulenko:

25%/month - That's pretty good. It's not about A_K, it's about profit. But I'm not counting from the deposit, but from the value of the underlying asset. My systems have never made more than 20% at all).

I wonder if anyone here has tried B.Williams' Trading Chaos system and how profitable that system turned out to be?

Reason: