From theory to practice - page 214

Alexander_K2:

No, of course not. No shutdowns, no stops, etc. Power on power. Science versus the market.

If the power goes out or the ISP's internet fails, that's force against science.

Евгений:

If the power goes out or the ISP's internet fails, that's power against science.

No problem at all. Batteries or a UPS will take care of the power. The Internet. so the cellular phone is at hand - turn on WiFi and keep working.

Евгений:

If the power goes out or the ISP's internet fails, that's power against science.

A VPS would be a great help.

Nikolay Demko:

VPS to help you.

there is not only ++++ but also ----. Imho, ---- outweighs that.

Yuriy Asaulenko:

As for the deals, I don't understand what's going on at all.) The deals I've seen on history seem like the ravings of a madman.

I absolutely do not understand how it can work. And like the fact - +75, however.

Imagine trading from Bollinger Boundaries to its midline.

It is clear that if we are not lucky, the price will break through the boundary and go further. Perhaps it will return to the average line. Maybe, even with a profit).

On the chart this trade can be seen as overstaying. This is if we do not make a stop loss.

With a normal Bollinger, such breakdowns will be quite frequent, with return to the mean value already in deficit (the mean value follows the price, too). There are several ways to handle such a breakdown (besides the stop).

Everything is more sophisticated at Alexander's. In fact, the period is optimized in the process.

This is my understanding - Alexander may see it differently.

Dmitriy Skub:

Nah, it's simple there) Imagine trading from the Bollinger Boundaries to the Bollinger midline.

Clearly, if you are unlucky, price will break through the boundary and go further down. Perhaps it will return to the average line. Maybe, even with a profit).

On the chart this trade can be seen as overstaying. This is if we do not make a stop loss.

With an ordinary Bollinger such a breakdown is quite frequent, with return to the average price already in a minus position (the average price follows it too). There are several ways to handle such a breakdown (besides the stop).

Everything is more sophisticated at Alexander's. In fact, the period is optimized in the process.

Bollinger is for mathematicians. Let them calculate the average and dispersion.

We're physicists, aren't we? We have drift and diffusion. We have better and more accurate :))

Dmitriy Skub:

No, it's simple there) Imagine trading from the Bollinger Boundaries to the Bollinger midline.

Clearly, if you are unlucky, price will break the boundary and go further down. Perhaps it will return to the average line. Maybe, even with a profit).

With a regular Bollinger, such breakdowns will be quite frequent, with return to the average already in minus (the average is following the price, too). There are several ways of dealing with such a breakdown (apart from a stop).

Everything is more sophisticated at Alexander's. In fact, the period is being optimized in the process.

I understand it all. You can understand what A is doing only on a chart marked with indicators. I think it is nonsense, but statistically it will probably work.

A's idea is normal and far from being a new one that he picked up on the forum, by the way. But the implementation leaves a lot to be desired.

Actually, I'd prefer A not to have any at all - it says a lot.

Alexander_K2:

Bollinger is for mathematicians. Let them calculate the mean and variance.

We're physicists, aren't we? We have drift and diffusion. We have better and more accurate :))

Dmitriy Skub:

Well, physics without mathematics is quackery) It is impossible to check and repeat anything.

In fact, in applied sciences, mathematics without physics is quackery.))

Yuriy Asaulenko:

I can understand all that. You can only understand what A is doing on a chart marked with indicators. In my opinion, it is nonsense, but statistically, it will probably work somehow.

A's idea is normal and far from being a new one that he picked up on the forum, by the way. But the implementation leaves a lot to be desired.

Actually, I'd prefer A not to have any at all - a lot to say.

А:))) I like it :)))

In fact, I can see that I'm talking too much from a competition point of view myself. But competition is a young man's business and I'm an old man. In addition, I have already said that I'm not going to give up or sell a fully working system. But the model for the trader who knows the concepts of "demolition" and "diffusion" - you are welcome. I want to raise the prestige of science, I am disgusted to read about lots, stops, dolts, etc. junk.

Reason: